»
Topic: Even more praise for Trevor Lawrence
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 16, 2018 9:45 AM by: WeToDeep®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

Even more praise for Trevor Lawrence

[10]
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:10 PM

I'm re-watching the Spring Game and just got to TL's touchdown pass. When I watched it for the first time, I just assumed it was a play that called for the deep bomb to Higgins, but Dabo actually says that Garrett Williams, who was in the slot on that play, was actually the primary receiver.

It's pretty much impossible to tell where he's looking during the play in the normal live shot, but when they give you the WestZone angle, you can actually see Trevor look at Williams as his first read. He recognizes that the safety (looked like a Cover 2 setup) has committed to Williams defensively so he turns his attention to Higgins without any hesitation and then delivers a dime. That's next-level stuff.

Re: Even more praise for Trevor Lawrence

[2]
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:13 PM

https://youtu.be/hmP7TYtDVUU

[3]
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:27 PM

All I know is it looked like that ball was launched with a slight crosswind and it seemed to go forever .
The guy truly has a cannon for an arm.

2018 purple level member

Coach Scott: Connecting downfield big focus this spring

[4]
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:29 PM

Co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott enjoyed watching Lawrence throw the ball as well, even on the ones he missed.

“It was fun watching him,” the Clemson coach said. “I have not seen many people overthrow Tee Higgins. That was pretty impressive that he can launch it out there.

“The thing I wanted to see out of our quarterbacks and wide receivers was if we could connect down field because obviously that was a big focus for us this spring.”

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

He and Johnson were the best QBs on the field yesterday

[3]
Posted: Apr 15, 2018 11:44 PM

No comparison.

2018 purple level member

[1]
Posted: Apr 16, 2018 9:45 AM

It looked effortless. As if Deshaun was under that jersey

2018 student level member

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Cotton Bowl
FOR SALE: Cotton bowl Section 316 row 1 (6) Asking $525 each ROW 1 so nobody has to stand up unless you wan...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3194 people have read this post