Topic: Etienne the GOAT?
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 23, 2019 6:20 AM by: Row86®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Etienne the GOAT?

[7]
Posted: May 23, 2019 12:34 AM

"Etienne, a year ago, rushed for 1,658 yards and a national-best 24 touchdowns on just 204 attempts, a remarkable average of 8.13 yards per carry. He is the first player in major college football history with a 1,600-yard, 20-touchdown season at over eight yards a try. The only Power Five running backs this millennium with a 1,600-yard season and eight yards per attempt are Reggie Bush, Bryce Love and Etienne; the Clemson superstar had a half-dozen more total offensive scores than both. "

http://southernpigskin.com/acc/travis-etiennes-run-to-history/

2019 student level member

Re: Etienne the GOAT?

[4]
Posted: May 23, 2019 12:37 AM

Another article:

"He led the entire nation in touchdowns with 26, finished in the top four in rushing yards, despite averaging at least three carries per game fewer than anyone ahead of him, picked up over half of those yards after contact, and forced a missed tackle on more than 25% of his touches. If nothing else, I do firmly believe that Etienne was the best running back in the country last year, and will continue to be in 2019. He may not have had the raw yardage productivity that a couple of guys had, but from an efficiency standpoint, there’s no one better."

http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/oayp-2019-acc-running-back-rankings/

Message was edited by: cunms®

2019 student level member

[1]
Posted: May 23, 2019 1:59 AM

This only proves that he made the right and best choice for himself than whats his that de-committed and has had a terrible career. IMO, I'm glad he de-committed bc, that is the exact reason we have ETN setting records in college FB and finding the end zone for our Tigers when we have needed a very productive RB that ETN has provided for our Tigers. When whats his name changed his mind about coming to Clemson, it was a beautiful blessing for us, and thank God that ETN wanted to be a Tiger, and a great one he has become!!! Go Tigers!!!

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: May 23, 2019 2:28 AM

He's not the GOAT but Etienne is what they need him to be, which is a devastating weapon running the ball.

Would be a bonus if he rounds out his skillset by learning to pass block and catch the ball.

Posted: May 23, 2019 4:46 AM

If he puts together another season like last year and wins the Heisman he will no doubt be the goat

Posted: May 23, 2019 5:38 AM

TL will win the Heisman I bet.

2019 white level member

Nah. I like him too much to call him a goat.

Posted: May 23, 2019 6:20 AM

I think when it’s all said and done, he may be the best RB we’ve ever had. And we’ve had some great ones.

2019 white level member

Replies: 6  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1266 people have read this post