Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Etienne is one powerful cat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Etienne is one powerful cat

Sep 23, 2018, 11:37 AM

With an uncanny combo of balance and power. Not sure who to compare it to....a little Barry sanderslike, not the quicks but the ability to break tackles and stay upright. You have to tackle this doood at least twice every play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Etienne is one powerful cat

Sep 23, 2018, 11:45 AM

He’s a special guy that’s for sure. Only a lack of carries will keep him out of the Heisman talk. Those guys who play with him do ok too! ETN averaged eleven yards per carry yesterday and I believe Feaster was around nine. Great to see Choice score. I hope the new kid gets in the end zone this week. He’s just waiting for his chance...and it will come.

Reminds me of Terry Allen, pre knee issues

Sep 23, 2018, 11:48 AM

Best RB we have had since Allen, hands down. He will only get stronger with age.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly what I was thinking...

Sep 23, 2018, 11:58 AM

Yesterday while watching the game. His size, quickness and especially his ability to maintain balance in some awkward positions after contact are very reminiscent of Terry Allen.

Go watch the last two drives of the 1987 UGA at Clemson game. Allen, as a true frosh, has some incredible runs. You’ll swear CDS cloned Allen to get ETN.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:51 AM

I watched the runs of ETN and Feaster in detail yesterday trying to pick out the difference. Both are strong, powerful backs, but ETN just doesn't go down. On Feaster's late TD run, he was able to do what ETN does, so maybe he is learning the trick. The big difference that I see in ETN is not only that the first attempted tackle doesn't bring him down, but that he returns to top speed and full balance within a step or two. A normal back take a hit, and may run through it, but his speed and balance is thrown off, so the next hit takes him down. With ETN, every hit is like the first hit because he is able to regain balance and speed so quickly.

Reminds me of Wayne Gallman in the way he...........

Sep 23, 2018, 11:53 AM

runs hard. Just when you think he's down he keeps on coming - and is only getting better!

Sep 23, 2018, 12:50 PM

I think perhaps we may be watching the greatest tailback to play at Clemson. I do realize that is a HUGE statement.

Just for fun go watch the last two drives of the 1987 UGA vs Clemson game. One of the greatest games ever played in DV. I was in the stadium as a student and remember thinking after there’s no way we win that game without some electric runs by this true frosh Terry Allen. Go watch the final two drives on YouTube by Clemson and tell me ETN is not a clone of Terry Allen. Two great Tiger tailbacks for sure.

I was there too, my first year at Clemson

Sep 23, 2018, 1:00 PM

My “seat” was grass, on The Hill. Terry Allen and Wesley McFadden were the best RB’s in the field and David Treadwell was the best kicker. Defense wasn’t too shabby either. That safety in the west end zone was epic.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was there too, my first year at Clemson

Sep 23, 2018, 1:35 PM

I was a senior. Yes that special teams play (punt) to set it up and the safety were epic. What a game. Tate (I believe) for UGA was a heck of a back too. And wasn’t Rodney Hampton playing In that game for UGA? Hamton went on to have a stellar NFL career. Too many great tailbacks in that game to mention.

Michael Dean Perry and Chavious (sp?) and co had a heck of a D-Line for the home team. If I recall Goldberg was on the D-Line for UGA and one of that Georgia Chubb family. What a game. Memories for a lifetime.

Raymond **

Sep 23, 2018, 9:30 PM

nm

Sep 23, 2018, 12:53 PM

He is a stud and the O really goes as he goes .
When he is getting big first down runs we always score.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:02 PM

Not only all the attributes you’ve listed but he seems like a very good kid, always a huge smile on his face and very humble. From what I heard, he was praising the defense post game interview. He’s a Clemson man through and through.

Do you guys remember when...

Sep 23, 2018, 1:09 PM

we almost missed out on this guy because we had another RB commitment?

I just googled it and learned that that guy is now with Texas A&M.

Sep 23, 2018, 1:38 PM

Blade.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2018, 1:25 AM

I agree 1000%. This guy has unbelievable lower body and core strength. He can bend and bounce off defenders like no Tiger in my 35 years of following Clemson Football. He's has great vision, acceleration, and balance.

Go Tigers!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic