Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Espn decides not to show national
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Espn decides not to show national

Aug 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

Anthem because their data shows that the public wants to see more football and less political stuff. So they translate that to mean that the fans don't want to see the national anthem on TV. How do they stay in business?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

They don't show the anthem regularly

Aug 19, 2018, 9:24 AM

Except for particularly big games as it is now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Espn decides not to show national

Aug 19, 2018, 9:25 AM

they have managed to do so for the last 40 years without the advice of partisans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never seen them show the anthem. They show us running

Aug 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

down the hill, busses loading up and all that, but never the anthem.

Re: I've never seen them show the anthem. They show us running

Aug 19, 2018, 9:31 AM

ESPN is probably the most politically correct network out there and that is no compliment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember when they showed the extra long coverage of our

Aug 19, 2018, 9:33 AM

Hill run down?

Quit blaming ESPN for every little thing. It's the lazy go to these days

Re: I've never seen them show the anthem. They show us running

Aug 19, 2018, 1:50 PM [ in reply to I've never seen them show the anthem. They show us running ]

Well when the anthem is being played at a Clemson game, it's about 15-20 minutes before the start of the game and ESPN isn't even covering us yet. There's no way they could show it, unlike the NFL where the anthem happens AFTER the teams make their entrance.

GO TIGERS

I should have said for Monday Night Football.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:37 AM

I wasn't referring to College football coverage. They put out a press release this morning about it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Gotcha. Never paid attention. Thought the anthem was only

Aug 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

shown for Super Bowl. But rarely do I watch pro

Aug 19, 2018, 9:47 AM

I've got to agree with them on this as long as the time is used for more sports and not more commercials. There's no politics in it for me. It's just a choice for sports over a song I've heard a trillion times before.

if they didn't have a monopoly on college football

Aug 19, 2018, 9:52 AM

I'd never watch them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 9:56 AM

Now if only they stop showing 6 hours of pre-game talk shows.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:23 AM

I imagine all the other broadcasters will soon follow suit. The NFL is losing audience over this National Anthem protest lunacy and the broadcast networks desperately want this issue to go away. I guess they are of the philosophy "out of sight out of mind" and believe if no one sees the protests the audience will come back. Maybe...maybe not.

I doubt print reporters will stop reporting on the protests and so long as the NFL head office and owners continue to prove they are spineless jelly rolls and fail to put an end to this stupidity, I have no intention of watching the NFL. Quite frankly, I really don't miss watching the NFL - too much year to year roster turnover (too much free agency) for my liking. Unless a player is a "franchise" guy, most of the team is a few paychecks or injury away from being traded and as such team loyalty is no longer what it used to be. Too much "mailing it in" by players and I found more often than not the games were boring...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 10:35 AM

My question is, what will the NFL players use for leverage protesting against life issues while on the job now???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to watch the national anthem.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

Unless it's the SB or something.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

As long as they have time to do 3 hours a day of talk about how racist whitey is and Keith Olbermann is allocated his time to blame Russia for Hillary being a horrible person all will be ok

Aug 19, 2018, 10:39 AM

Who wants to watch the national anthem on tv before every game?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 10:54 AM

Not I .
As the son and grandson of military veterans and myself an ultra-proud American citizen , the uproar over this current distraction is lost on me . I sigh a lot over it , but I can't find myself getting upset about folks protesting injustices or other folks lashing out over their own beliefs and reasonings in disbelief of the others ideas .

Don't play the anthem , play it ... just shut up about it every single time a game is set to start .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

NFL used to not show it until they were

Aug 19, 2018, 10:56 AM

approached by DOD during the Iraq/Afghanistan wars to try to build more patriotism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where were the kneelers during the summer

Aug 19, 2018, 12:04 PM

out in the communities doing proactive stuff that they claim to be protesting? taking a knee in front of a camera is lazy

Re: where were the kneelers during the summer

Aug 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

Good question. Google Kaepernick and see what he does.

I’m a fan and don’t want to watch anthem.

Aug 19, 2018, 2:04 PM

Sounds fine to me. Pretty boring just seeing a bunch of people standing around not knowing the words.

Enjoy watching the fireworks and flyovers, but anthem is just meh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic