Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Emmy host attacks Christians
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 538

Emmy host attacks Christians

Sep 17, 2018, 11:06 PM

Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch that chit.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/17/emmys-host-michael-che-says-only-white-people-who-thank-jesus-at-award-shows-are-republicans-ex-crackheads.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Emmy host attacks Christians

Sep 17, 2018, 11:09 PM

jokes get you triggered huh?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Emmy host attacks Christians

Sep 17, 2018, 11:29 PM

Republicans trigger you to the tune of about 20k “thumbs up”. congrats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you go to your safe space?***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:32 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

he's not a snowflake, snowflake.***

Sep 18, 2018, 8:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't he be a snowflake AND a Russian trollbot?***

Sep 19, 2018, 9:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

The atheist republicans aren't going to like this***

Sep 17, 2018, 11:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Emmys were last night?

Sep 18, 2018, 8:10 AM

I wouldn’t have known if it weren’t for people who claim they don’t care about them weren’t bitchin’ about them on social media.

No, he didn't

Sep 18, 2018, 9:04 AM

I watched it last night (spending time with the kids and was watching MNF on my laptop), but anyway...

It wasn't an attack on Christians (I am one), it was a joke about the fact that so many African Americans do thank Jesus (the joke was his mama was mad more folks don't thank Jesus) and most white folks don't.

The line you're taking such offense to was a joke. It wasn't an attack.

And oddly, for a duo like the Republican party and mainline Christianity who have spent so much time over the last two decades intertwining themselves to the point of often being indistinguishable I don't see any reason a joke about their lock-step existence would offend either party.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clearly he's never seen a Dabo post-game interview***

Sep 18, 2018, 9:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo won an Emmy?

Sep 18, 2018, 9:15 AM

Because that was what was being discussed. People not thanking Jesus when they won an Emmy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you've misused the term "mainline Christianity"

Sep 18, 2018, 9:14 AM [ in reply to No, he didn't ]

Mainline refers to Methodists, Episcopal, Presbyterian, Lutheran, United Church of Christ, etc...

I think you're referring to the Evangelical churches rather than Mainline.

I did indeed, my apologies

Sep 18, 2018, 9:17 AM

I mean to say "mainstream", which a quick google shows is often used as a synonym in the same context (meaning the same denominations).

My intention was to denote widespread, cultural Christianity, which, yes, is primarily evangelical.

Apologies for the term misuse.

did he hurt your feewings?

Sep 18, 2018, 9:16 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a pathetic thread.***

Sep 18, 2018, 9:19 AM

Breaking News: Emmy host tells joke.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:42 AM

I know I sound like an old man with my disdain for modern “journalism”, but this current schtick of “have your own opinion...find a few people on a glib social media hot-take forum of 330 million people that share that opinion, and claim it’s an issue” is absolutely the peak of the lazy journalism scale.

Plus...is it an opening “monologue” if there are two of them?

null

Oh, man, it's an epidemic on news websites...

Sep 18, 2018, 9:57 AM

and Fox News is the worst.

Something will happen, and there will be upset people on Twitter about it. And that's the news story. The writeup will literally be a mashup of Twitter quotes. And it's painted as being widespread outrage about something. It's absolutely ridiculous.

True

Sep 18, 2018, 10:23 AM

It's the modern equivalent to the old "Man on the street" interview.

Why do I care about what one random dude thinks on a nuanced issue?

On Twitter, you can find at least three people that

Sep 18, 2018, 10:38 AM

have any kind of extreme opinion you can think of.

These people are not important. We should not know they exist.

And with the right keyword search they're easy to find!***

Sep 18, 2018, 10:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Ooh, thanks tigermanac.***

Sep 18, 2018, 11:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Rational Tnetters attack Memphis for his

Sep 18, 2018, 1:34 PM

gullibility and wholesale worship of any and every conspiracy theory he can think of.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 538
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic