Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ellington leads ACC in rushing, wants to be there at season's end
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Oct 5, 2010, 4:19 PM

Clemson running back Andre Ellington leads the ACC in rushing, but good luck in getting the Moncks Corner native to talk about himself. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellington's workload to increase!!!!!!!!***

Oct 5, 2010, 4:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best news I've seen in a while!***

Oct 5, 2010, 4:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what is thatbooobshake from?

Oct 5, 2010, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Ellington's workload to increase!!!!!!!!*** ]

a cooking show?

what ???

null

Re: what is thatbooobshake from?

Oct 5, 2010, 6:36 PM

Modern Family

If no reciever staeps up they will stack the box and his

Oct 5, 2010, 5:29 PM

Numbers will go way down.

Steps, sorry typo.***

Oct 5, 2010, 5:44 PM

They stacked the box Saturday, Ellington still got numbers***

Oct 5, 2010, 5:53 PM [ in reply to If no reciever staeps up they will stack the box and his ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

2/3 of his yards came on one play

Oct 5, 2010, 8:48 PM

and 4/5 of his yards came on two plays.

Teams are willing to give up one long play and one medium play if that means the other 15 rushes go for go for 1.5 a carry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Pay attention coot....he said numbers. Numbers = yards

Oct 5, 2010, 10:52 PM

Numbers aren't broken out for the convenience of conversation. They are numbers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What team is willing to give up 86 yds on 2 plays? You just

Oct 6, 2010, 1:11 AM [ in reply to 2/3 of his yards came on one play ]

wanted to set up your 1.5 yards a carry dig. What a jacka$$...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ellington's, McNeil, & Hopkins load to increase. About time.

Oct 5, 2010, 6:02 PM

I'm sure the coaches know better than me. But to me it seemed pretty obvious since last year that Ellington should get more carries than Harper. (Worst case after the Auburn game they shoulda figured that one out.) And it seemed pretty obvious that Hopkins and McNeil should have been bumped up the order. It also seems like Napier should be taking advantage of the RBs as receivers out of the backfield, especially Harper. And I have no idea why he didn't run screens against Miami.

Napier's OK, and he's smart enough that he seems to be learning on the job. He might be a very good OC one day. But I don't think anybody could claim that he's one of the top 25 OC's in the country. It kind of makes you wonder if Clemson is committed to being a Top 25 program when they hire a newbie OC. With a better OC, I think Clemson would have beaten TCU, UMD, Auburn, and maybe more. We'd probably have had a 10-12 win season last year, a better bowl, better recruits, and a Top 25 ranking this year. But I guess we saved a lot of money on Napier's salary. Sigh.

Re: Ellington's, McNeil, & Hopkins load to increase. About time.

Oct 5, 2010, 8:39 PM

Razz, I think that you're right about Mcneil & Hopkins load should increase, the upperclassmen just aren't producing. I just think that Napier's play calling is pretty good, compared to what we're used to. Parker's inaccuracies probably had alot to do with the lack of screens. KP did not look good.

Re: Ellington's, McNeil, & Hopkins load to increase. About time.

Oct 5, 2010, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Ellington's, McNeil, & Hopkins load to increase. About time. ]

The screens worked against Auburn because their LB corps is slow and doesn't play as well sideline to sideline. Miami has speed on defense to get to the edges better, which caused us to not run as many screens. Same reason we didn't run so many toss sweeps and reverses. I would have liked to see us run some of these just to mix things up. We should have tried anything at some point to loosen up the defense at least.

Screens don't have to be to the edges and aren't about that.***

Oct 6, 2010, 4:03 PM

Re: Ellington leads ACC in rushing, wants to be there at season's end

Oct 5, 2010, 8:57 PM

I think he is a beast of a runner. We only have him one more year before he plays on Sundays...

Re: Ellington leads ACC in rushing, wants to be there at season's end

Oct 6, 2010, 2:49 AM

Well, he's a rs soph, so technically he could declare for the draft after this season. (ala Knowson Moreno from GA) Hope he sticks around awhile.

Andre Ellington and Harper will be better than Davis and S

Oct 6, 2010, 2:56 AM

Spiller as a tandem. In fact, Andre Ellington will be Clemson's best running back since Terry Allen.

So Ellington's workload will increase.

Oct 6, 2010, 9:01 AM

Definitely looks like the right move from this fan's perspective...but I can't help but wonder why this didn't happen before the Miami game. Did our coaches really need that Miami loss to prove to them that Ellington needs more carries than Harper?

I don't get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey! No lobbying! :) ******

Oct 6, 2010, 9:09 AM

null

How does Crump only have 74% pulse?

Oct 6, 2010, 4:51 PM

Moderators should be at 100% :D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Replies: 20