Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN was a last minute get.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

ETN was a last minute get.

Nov 17, 2019, 5:21 PM

Cordarrian Richardson is who I believe we had committed previously.

He ended up going to UCF and then on to aTm.

In the coot game he rushed for a 75 yard score and caught a TD pass as well. Glad he beat up on the chickens.

Also very glad we got ETN! #1 in the country in rushing yards per carry by over a yard per.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN was a last minute get.

Nov 17, 2019, 6:09 PM

If I recall I dont think Richardson played any against Clemson in our game this year. I remember looking for him and expecting him to but never saw him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 6:24 PM

ETN is the best back in the country. Unfortunately, he is not going to get a lot of the personal recognition he has the potential for (Heisman) because of the balance on offense and depth of our roster.

I love the unselfish nature of our program and this team. It’s winning us championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 6:37 PM

What does that say about our recruiting? We get lucky on running backs? I think Elliot is one of the best OC’s in the country but he was a receiver in college! I know he understands the position, however I think he has hurt LJ this year and Etienne last year by telling him to follow blocks or else! Let natural runners run, whether they go up the middle, bounce it outside, or occasionally lose a yard or two. Blocking is a big part of it as well and most backs have to learn that. But ET and LJ have and did take a step back in their second years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it means that we were smart enough to have a backup

Nov 17, 2019, 7:04 PM

plan, and did solid evaluation on ETN. Others were not exactly lined up to get him, or we would not have been able to snag him so late. Per what I can find, his only other official visit other than us was to Tennessee. Thank goodness we saved him from that!

(He did have offers from all the major players on the recruiting trail.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, it means that we were smart enough to have a backup

Nov 17, 2019, 8:43 PM

LSU was slow playing him. Bama knew he was really good but already had Najee Harris but didn’t want LSU to get him. Burton Burns who coached at Clemson under Bowden tipped off our coaches to keep him from LSU. It did not work out like they thought.

Nov 17, 2019, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: ETN was a last minute get. ]

Step back? Are you being serious? He had over 1600 yards on over 8 yards per carry, and he had 24 touchdowns. Not to mention, he also was ACC Player of the Year. How, remotely, is that a step back.?

iirc, saban called dabo about etn***

Nov 17, 2019, 7:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: iirc, saban called dabo about etn***

Nov 17, 2019, 8:33 PM

I heard it was a bama coach but an assistant, not saban. Either way, bama knew about him but were full and sent us his way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 8:35 PM

And I bet he comes back for one more year.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: iirc, saban called dabo about etn*** ]

I thought the Bama told Dabo about ETN to prevent LSU getting him and the threat of Bama losing to LSU each year because of ETN being so good.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:40 PM

He was a last minute get. As I recall, Burton Burns (Bama rb coach) and former Clemson RB coach recommended him to Clemson. Najee Harris was #1 on bamas board. ETN was #2 Professional courtesy I suppose. It’s worked out well. He’s averaged nearly 9 per carry this year

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic