Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6

Jul 23, 2014, 10:22 AM

ahead of UGA at # 7. Neither are ranked with a top 10 offense.

South Carolina has the #8 offense per ESPN.

No other ACC teams are in the top 10 except FSU (#1 Defense and #2 Offense behind OR).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the update.Too bad they got that D number switched.***

Jul 23, 2014, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC loses best QB in school history & top WR, top 10 offense?***

Jul 23, 2014, 11:16 AM

They have the best OL in the SEC... so they say. We'll see.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:22 AM

It sure didn't do Davis any good last year. Shaw's scrambling was their saving grace, if such a thing exists at SCar....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have the best OL in the SEC... so they say. We'll see.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:26 AM

??? Are you implying that Davis did not have a great season last year. End of the year he was really banged up and Clemson stacked the box against him, forcing us to run Wildcat with Shaw/Cooper. But overall, he was superb.

Personally, I think both USC's offense and Clemson's defense are being over-hyped right now. But SC's O-line vs. CU's D-line will be a crucial matchup in November.

Re: They have the best OL in the SEC... so they say. We'll see.

Jul 23, 2014, 3:47 PM

When was the last time you had a rb to stay healthy. He will be all banged up by Nov.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so right. We have better WR's, QB's

Jul 23, 2014, 11:23 AM [ in reply to SC loses best QB in school history & top WR, top 10 offense?*** ]

are comparable. They are giving Mike Davis waaay too much credit. He had 22 yards vs. Clemson. Oh well. We will prove it on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are so right. We have better WR's, QB's

Jul 23, 2014, 11:29 AM

Spiller had 18 yards against SC in 2009. That doesn't mean Spiller was a bad running back. We stacked the box and took him out of the game.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:32 AM

Oh really now? Cause I think that's the only game I ever hear SC fans refer to when talking about Spiller. They act like his ~600 other all purpose yards in the series don't matter.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:41 AM

EXACTLY MY POINT. SPILLER WAS AWESOME AND WE STILL SHUT HIM DOWN ONE GAME WHEN WE DECIDED TO STACK THE BOX AND MAKE PARKER THROW.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:55 AM

Implying that you didn't stack the box the previous 3 years and when CJ and J.D. were our only real offensive weapons?

Spiller is a great athlete with amazing speed in

Jul 23, 2014, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: You are so right. We have better WR's, QB's ]

open space, but he is not as much of a pure, natural RB as even Ellington. Some RB's seem to find holes where there are none. That was not Spiller, and apparently it is not Mike Davis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spiller is a great athlete with amazing speed in

Jul 23, 2014, 11:42 AM

Swing and a miss

Re: ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6

Jul 23, 2014, 11:48 AM

Going to respond here instead of directly because there are multiple people ragging on Mike Davis...the dude is a gamer for sure. He had a bad end to the year last year, but through 10 games he had 10 touchdowns and 1,112 yards and averaged 6.2 yards per carry. If South Carolina's offensive line is better this year, I expect his stats will probably be even better, barring injury.

With that said, it may be a bit aggressive to put them as a Top 10 offense since they're starting a new, though experienced, QB and lost some good receivers.

Dylan Thompson sucks.

Jul 23, 2014, 11:53 AM

End of story

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

And now I know the rest of the story!!***

Jul 23, 2014, 11:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he beat us at Clemson two years ago

Jul 23, 2014, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Dylan Thompson sucks. ]

Different teams, I know, but kind of silly to talk about how he sucks when he filled in as a back up and had over 300 yards.

Re: ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6

Jul 23, 2014, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6 ]

I agree with everything in this post. I think SC will miss Shaw more than national pundits think.

I wasn't "ragging" on Davis as a RB. He ran all over those

Jul 23, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN 's Top 10 Ranks Clemson's Defense # 6 ]

SEC Ds.... just not Clemson and he won't this year, either.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic