Topic: ESPN has become CNN2.0...
Replies: 61   Last Post: Sep 27, 2017 5:41 PM by: lextiger551
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 61   Pages: 1  

ESPN has become CNN2.0...

[26]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Flipping through the channels, I went there to maybe see some talk about the upcoming slate of college football games and breaking down our gameday matchup against Va Tech, or perhaps some baseball playoff race info... boy was i wrong.

First it was constant highlights of NFL national anthem clips, Lebron James news conference about trump, and Greg Popavich talking politics.

I guess this is their way of trying to quit losing billions of dollars

popovich is an unbelievable tool***

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:01 PM

he served in the Air Force, nice way to disrespect a veteran..

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:07 PM

A tool like you just showed how you really feel about veterans

Re: he served in the Air Force, nice way to disrespect a veteran..

[8]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:54 PM

So because he is a veteran, that makes him above any sort of opinion or criticism?

Also, why does his opinion of one person somehow get turned into his stance against all veterans?

How do we know he isn't a Veteran too?***

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:58 PM

learn what sarcasm is...

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:59 PM

It was sarcasm mixed with reality. The people moaning about the protest in football and what Pop said are the same ones who use the flag and veterans to stifle dialogue and/or dissent. And these same people slam veterans who don't share their political beliefs. Sorry but you can't have it both ways

well that is by far the worst sarcasm i have ever seen***

[6]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:57 AM

Haha, agreed***

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 5:09 PM

TigerKing, don't you have something more productive to do?

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:38 AM

Like putting your foot in your mouth?

My Image
Tiger Band Trumpets '16

Gotchya

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 1:23 PM

Couldn't tell if you were serious or not...

And frankly, can you blame me?

Re: learn what sarcasm is...

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Ah yes Queenies "it was just sarcasm" defense for when she says something stupid.

Be careful her next step is to call you a racist or use an anti gay bigoted term against you.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: learn what sarcasm is...

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 5:41 PM

There literally is nothing that you type on this site that is not extremely idiotic. Literally nothing, ever. It really is amazing.

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 1:13 AM

I've been around military people all of my life. I've been around/seen a few tools. I don't much care for Popovich either.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 4:24 AM

Nm

Message was edited by: 12BravoCU09

Cry me a river snowflake.***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 7:09 AM

TigerQueen is triggered***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Well Tnet football board sure isn't about football the last 48h.

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:00 PM

What do you call it?

null

Pretty sure it's called Rectal Cranial Insertion

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:02 AM

Can we please get back to football and leave the politics for people that don't enjoy CFB?

Re: ESPN has become CNN2.0...

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:05 PM

I know it's like please let me watch the games! It's a nonwin for ESPN. Showing the protest stuff non stop is not going to gain any new viewers and only have current viewers turn the channel

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 12:47 AM

Y'all are talking about it...must be working. IJS

just watch games on espn3

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:08 PM

always some type pf game going on

free robert lee***

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:58 PM

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:11 PM

Biggest reason any of this is this big of a story right now is Trump. The biggest reason why Trump bothered to speak on it? Because people make it a bigger deal than it should be by constantly complaining about it.

[6]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:35 PM

If you elect a clown, you should expect a circus.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 1:14 AM

Takes one to know one I guess.

hehe

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:58 AM

that's funny...did you come up with that on your own or steal it from the facebook?

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:11 PM

Has been for years. I turned it off years ago. It's easy to see why the ratings are tanking, let the Libs run the show when your audience is 90% conservative is not a recipe for success.

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:17 PM

Yea, I just turned on a college game from Saturday. No politics there. That's the way I like it.

They lost cable cutters who were paying for it...

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:20 PM

but either didn't watch it or barely did

Re: They lost cable cutters who were paying for it...

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:44 AM

Or they just spin it that way. Because a majority of the viewers either didn't watch it or barely did due to the political views and nonsense they talk about all the time.

90% is certainly an overestimation***

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:21 PM

Re: 90% is certainly an overestimation***

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:46 PM

Doubt it.

[1]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:22 PM

I get all my political news on tigernet. Never a shortage

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:22 PM

I get all my political news on tigernet. Never a shortage

ESPN has gone done the crapper...I rarely watch.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 10:49 PM

It has to be specifically about Clemson or I just don't watch them. Can't stand the lowered standards.

here is the major reason why

[2]
Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:00 PM

http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1880786,00.html

media providers used to be required to prevent both sides of an argument if grievances were filed by their viewers. This was stuck down by congress in 1987 which opened the door for biased 1 sided journalism to take over and this has served a major role in dividing this country.

wow never knew that

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:01 AM

+1 for the link

explains why we have fox news and cnn and I despise both. although fox news has hotter womins

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 11:02 PM

The national guy that comes on after Walt talks politics all the time. I've started listening to Kornblut for the first time ever.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 2:21 AM

And tiger net is Fox...

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 7:14 AM

You mean fair and balanced?

"You mean fair and balanced? "

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 7:58 AM

I hope that was meant to be sarcastic. Fox News and MSNBC are party mouthpieces for the Republicans and Democrats. I blocked both the first day I got my cable because I like facts, not political propaganda.

Re: "You mean fair and balanced? "

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:56 AM

And where, pray tell, does one go for fair news today? Every news outlet has an agenda, it's all just propaganda.

Common sense response!!***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 5:18 PM

Simple...

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 5:29 PM

I have bookmarked Drudge Report which is a right-wing media collective column page, I also have BuzzFlash which is the left-wing equivalent on bookmark. I find an article on each page about the same subject, where the articles match up is fact, where they differ is right-wing spin on Drudge and left-wing spin on BuzzFlash. Some sources Breibart, Infowars, WND, The Daily Progressive, and Daily Kos I toss as nothing but pure bias.

I may be in the minority here, but I really don't care what

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:00 AM

a professional athlete thinks about politics. Don't care what singers or actors think about politics either.

Is it the insane amount of money they make that makes them feel more knowledgeable than the average American?

Just shut up and do your job.

Lastly, ESPN wading into politics is like MTV programming reality TV. ESPN is the Entertainment Sports Network. How about focus on entertaining us with some sports?

LBT

What does this have to do with Clemson football?***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:02 AM

Re: What does this have to do with Clemson football?***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:57 AM

Because the OP was looking for some talk of college football. We are part of college football.

Re: What does this have to do with Clemson football?***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:02 AM

No, this has nothing to with Clemson football.

You want more "comedy" posts?***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 5:19 PM

I limit my exposure to lead, arsenic, most acids...

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:40 AM

in pure or caustic forms and other things that are harmful to body, mind and soul. ESPiN gets my attention when it airs live football games, College Football Live and a limited number of other broadcast dedicated to NCAA football reviews, evaluations and recaps.

I limit my exposure to the 24 hr news stations such that I barely know what is going on in the world. It isn't as if I can prevent bad things or promote good things outside my specific environment.

It's all bread and circus. Feed the masses and keep them entertained and you can maintain control over them. It's been done before.

There is no such thing as a caustic acid :)***

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 8:43 AM

I need to follow your plan.*****

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:19 AM

Re: I need to follow your plan.*****

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:35 AM

Politics bruises my soul. The struggle between right and wrong, good and bad, evil and holy takes place in the heart of man. If you show me your worst side and I in turn reveal the worst of me what do we profit. Certainly not each other and never ourselves.

Struggles with politics displace the struggles within and man gains nothing. He leaves every battle believing he has victory without fighting the real enemy which is himself. 'For we wrestle not with flesh and blood...' Eph.

That's part of sports at the moment.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:18 AM

How could they avoid the issue? They had stories about wounded veterans too in the past. They had other stories about people like Daniel Rodriguez. They did a segment about Ali and his history as well. There is another ESPN channel that strictly shows highlights though.

It's gotten ridiculous

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:44 AM

They don't show the vet stories every time you turn on the TV. There is an obvious political slant and many people are tired of it.

There is a slant, but it's not a big deal.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:41 AM

There are a lot of black people who work on the show who aren't conservatives. How could they get a slant going the other way? It doesn't fit with the athletes generally. Trump just called all of those black players SOB's. They have tons of stories about vets though when vets were coming home etc etc, or coming back from injury. I realize there are stories before that, but they usually have something to do with Trump's nuttiness if it's a negative. Although the Bruce Jenner award at the ESPY's was pretty over the top. I am a pretty open minded person though, so I don't really see the issues as problems. I do see how an ultra conservative wouldn't like it. I agree there is a slant. Tere are so many great stories about kids that are sick etc etc too. This was my favorite all time one though. Everyone can like this one. Best one of all time.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=18814225

Don't have to be an ultra conservative

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:48 AM

I'm not, but I don't like a forced agenda in a place where I'm trying to get away from politics. I think Trump was wrong and should focus his energies on more important topics. I don't agree with either Trump or the NFL. I want sports to be sports and I want the POTUS to be a better representative of the people of this country. I really like the stories they do on sick kids, Deshaun's Mom, etc. However these stories aren't divisive and abrasive.

the "strictly shows highlights" channel is where I saw what

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:04 AM

i'm referring to

They showed people taking a knee this time?

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:45 AM

Why wouldn't they? It was a kind of a huge story this past weekend. They are showing you what is going on. That said, that particular channel usually sticks to highlights. They may even show a kitten or a squirrel running on the baseball field. They show you what happened on hat channel, but they don't give opinions with a slant. They show what happened on ESPNnews.

Trump has turned this into the biggest story in sports right

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 9:41 AM

now. If you expect a sports and sports news company to ignore the biggest story in all of sports, you're just crazy.

touch on it and move on

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:03 AM

thats all i'm saying

I would say he added fuel to the fire

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 10:51 AM

These athletes were looking for an opportunity to "unite" and protest. Trump just gave them an excuse.

Replies: 61   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: 4 Tickets -- Georgia Tech -- Section TDE Row AA -- $350 for all 4. Please text me at 4784944658.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
3281 people have read this post