Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN giving lessons on how to pronounce Clemson.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

ESPN giving lessons on how to pronounce Clemson.

Nov 10, 2015, 1:41 PM

"You say it like CLEMPSON, you gotta own it!"-Taylor Zarzour radio host/guest

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

but they got it wrong.

Nov 10, 2015, 2:21 PM

There is no P in Clemson.

You say CLEM. Then you say SON.

You don't say CLEMP SON.
You don't say CLEMP ZEN.
You don't say CLEM ZEN.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: but they got it wrong.

Nov 10, 2015, 2:22 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcaOfcKKWgw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send that to Walt deptula***

Nov 10, 2015, 5:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It rhymes with Simpson

Nov 10, 2015, 2:30 PM [ in reply to but they got it wrong. ]

Simpson is an English/Scottish patronymic surname from the medieval masculine given name 'Simme'.[1] The earliest public record of the name was in 1353 in Staffordshire, West Midlands region of England.[2]

Ever wonder how the "p" got into Simpson? It;s how any word sounds when there is an "s" followed by an "m".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but they got it wrong.

Nov 10, 2015, 2:32 PM [ in reply to but they got it wrong. ]

I go along with the P in clemson

#### no!! Clem-son...why is that hard?***

Nov 10, 2015, 2:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This exactly. You say "Clem" then "son"***

Nov 10, 2015, 2:36 PM [ in reply to but they got it wrong. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can talk about Clem and his son all you want

Nov 10, 2015, 2:54 PM

but when I say them, I say them together and the "p" is there. You don't add a P but if you have a normal mouth and lips (sure has a purty mouth) when you finish the M sound and switch to the S sound the quick P is in there whether you like it or not.

Now, the Z is used in there because actors, singers, and TV personalities sometimes have diction coaches that teach them tricks to sound better when they are recorded.

The one and only way to get that clipped p sound out of there (other than saying Clem (pause) son like a few are suggesting) is to change the S sound to a harder Z sound. That's what these people have been taught and that's what they are doing.

But it should never be said that way, there is no Z sound, just embrace the beauty of the m to s switch and support IPTAY!

Say "simson" and I'll bet you'll hear simpson, then try simzon and see what you think.

Also, as an alumnus I know the correct way to pronounce my alma mater's name ;)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Re: You can talk about Clem and his son all you want

Nov 10, 2015, 3:20 PM

Up until your post I thought my mouth was pretty normal. Oh well guess I will fall into the % that does not have an intentional nor an unintentional "p". :) Clemson sounds like it's spelled.
Go Tigers!!

there should never be an "intentional" P or Z

Nov 10, 2015, 3:49 PM

is what I was getting at. ;) There should also not be any pause between the syllables.

If you make an "M" sound with your lips together, (like most do) when you open them again for the air to pass your vocal folds and make an "S" sound the 'p' is simply from the first puff of air as it escapes your lips.

No Baptist.

:)

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

Are you saying that anything escapes the lips of...

Nov 10, 2015, 4:26 PM

those who mispronounce Clemson? Cause ats cool, bro. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what Tigersense said

Nov 10, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to but they got it wrong. ]

Clem Son

You don't know me like that!

Nov 10, 2015, 3:53 PM [ in reply to but they got it wrong. ]

You've never heard me say one single word, what makes you thing I say it one way or the other?

It's like dis: Klamp-sin Not hard to understand....***

Nov 10, 2015, 2:41 PM

Re: ESPN giving lessons on how to pronounce Clemson.

Nov 10, 2015, 2:50 PM

They should add lessons on how to pronounce Dabo's name. Half of the ESPiN announcers get it wrong.

Most of them know how to say Dabo these days.

Nov 10, 2015, 4:28 PM

They've talked to him in interviews and seem to be weeding out the stragglers. Sad thing is that there are so many new faces on ESPiN since the budget cuts. Maybe they fired some of the idiots, right?

Nov 10, 2015, 2:50 PM

Yes, with the invisible P.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need to train their commentators/reporters

Nov 10, 2015, 2:52 PM

on how to pronounce Dabo. It's DAA-bo, not DAH-bo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yes, you can't cheer for Clemson without the 'p' popping in

Nov 10, 2015, 3:06 PM

I love the fact our added letter unintentionally is being talked about. It's all great for the the best brand in the nation.

I notice you can't say Clemson without unintentionally have the word Class being apart of it. I love our brand and always will. Thank you Lord for Clemson!

Go Tigers!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 10, 2015, 4:23 PM

So tired of having to listen to this stupidity. trying to be cute and comes off like the idiot that he is.

^^^does not OWN IT***

Nov 10, 2015, 4:29 PM

Nov 10, 2015, 5:04 PM

All anti Clemson people(and especially usuc people refer to us as clempson. You aren't a Clemson person if you say it any other way than it is supposed to be pronounced.

They should take lessons on pronouncing

Nov 10, 2015, 5:23 PM

Artavis
Ar-tay-vis = yes
Ar-tay-vee-us = no

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic