Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duke 'looking into' claim Nike paid Zion's mother
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Duke 'looking into' claim Nike paid Zion's mother

Apr 7, 2019, 12:05 PM

Duke athletic director Kevin White said the school is "looking into" attorney Michael Avenatti's allegation that Nike paid Zion Williamson's mother for consulting services while her son was a top high school recruit.

Avenatti, who has been charged with attempting to extort more than $20 million in payments from Nike, alleged on Twitter on Friday night that Nike paid for "bogus" services in 2016 or 2017 "as part of a Nike bribe to get Zion to go to Duke."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke 'looking into' claim Nike paid Zion's mother

Apr 7, 2019, 12:15 PM

And then their #### shoe blew out .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 12:20 PM

I bet Nike has a team of scientist working on the development of “run flats” sneakers for Zion et al!

Apr 7, 2019, 12:30 PM

lol

Apr 7, 2019, 12:18 PM

Be sure and call me when this is proven! “Looking into” probably doesn’t mean a whole lot ! I bet coach K stayed up all night fretting this outcome!

Likely to be true however.

Times have changed. We no longer need to wait for facts.

Apr 7, 2019, 12:21 PM

Social media guilty is guilty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Times have changed. We no longer need to wait for facts.

Apr 7, 2019, 1:35 PM

I guess the NCAA doesn't have time to investigate allegations like these anymore. I thought the NCAA was the ruling body of college sports, must be the state of North Carolina. UNCheat has players not attending classes and Duke has Nike paying their players.

a little late wouldn't you say***

Apr 7, 2019, 12:35 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2019, 12:44 PM

Let's see you have Zion, probably the most notable prospect since Lebron, who is going to make some shoe company millions if not billions of dollars so why not try and secure his signature by giving him what he wants when he wants it. It only makes since. Something was pushing him to Duke, period. When everyone says he is going to Clemson, Clemson will be the pick, Duke had absolutely no one covering the commitment because they didn't think he was coming, I can only add up what is in front of me. Not to mention his family moving to Durham leaving their home, jobs and family for their son to go to school for 10 months and the fact his dad or stepdad on wiretap asking for exactly the things it would take for a family to up and move for a 10 month period. I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. They were definitely not well enough off to just up and move to Durham for 10 months. Sorry they weren't. I'm not mad if they cheated, i'm mad because it seems no one gives a ####. Talking about the NCAA and the governing bodies of college basketball not giving a crap. We're suppose to have a level playing field in amatuer sports but they let Duke self investigate. What the hell do they think Duke was going to find on themselves? I'll tell you, nothing. Which is exactly what they found. They came out and said they did nothing wrong. I'm not a rocket scientist but I guarantee every inmate incarcerated today never did anything wrong either and would have loved the chance to be the judge in their own case. This whole thing is a farce and why I could care less about the sport of basketball as a whole much less college basketball. I watched not one second of the Final Four. As fans we only have one way to show our displeasure and that is eye's and money and quite frankly unless they want to change I'll give the neither.

Apr 7, 2019, 2:26 PM

This is why some of us believe you don't fire a good coach because he's 'mediocre' in comparison to the coaches who are benefitting from illegal contributions.

Apr 7, 2019, 2:40 PM

Rw43 said:

This is why some of us believe you don't fire a good coach because he's 'mediocre' in comparison to the coaches who are benefitting from illegal contributions.

No doubt.

They'll deny it to the death, but it's absolutely true...

Apr 7, 2019, 12:53 PM

Nike has been flying Zion's mother and his agent all over the country this season to watch Zion play.

Yes...Zion has an agent and has for months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He was playing for Adidas then***

Apr 7, 2019, 1:00 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Karma is a #####***

Apr 7, 2019, 1:10 PM

Apr 7, 2019, 3:33 PM

I'm looking into the bottom of a half gallon gin bottle that i am "pretty sure" was full Friday...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is the deal and y’all want get this probably.

Apr 7, 2019, 3:45 PM

Duke is not Nike amen zion’s mom is not Zion. So, Duke never paid anyone and Zion never received a benefit. Zion’s mom received something from a business. Honestly nothing can really be done if Zion “did not know”. Y’all remember Cam Newton right? His Dad supposedly got 200k “not” from Auburn. None of this means that Coach K and duke are not turds and copabel because they are, but honestly nothing can be done unless wire tape evidence of Coach K asking Nike to hook up Zion’s mom.

Re: Here is the deal and y’all want get this probably.

Apr 7, 2019, 3:58 PM

Brian Bowen would beg to differ.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic