Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dropped by Kent State on Wednesday evening...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,410

Dropped by Kent State on Wednesday evening...

Aug 18, 2017, 10:58 AM

It was a nice evening after a business day in Akron. Very colorful field. I'm not big on the artificial turf, but walking on it was not as hard as I expected.

I saw the team heading into the locker rooms, so I took the opportunity to tell them I was from Clemson for some fun. I told them the last team that Ohio State wants to see on their docket is the Clemson Tigers, so they should be ready for some business when they get to Death Valley in a couple of weeks.

They took the ribbing in stride. They seem to schedule big programs annually, so I guess they're used to the "bright lights baby!".

While I was there, I walked by the May 4th Memorial where the 4 students were killed by the Ohio National Guard in 1970. In the parking lot outside of Taylor Hall, they have outlined the positions where the student's bodies were lying with 6 lighted poles that were about 3' in height. As I walked to each of the student's memorial, I thought about the protests we are seeing today on a similarly violent scale. Seems like we haven't come that far in 47 years.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

^^^ Thx iTiGER 4 report, sharing & your interest in another school's history

Aug 18, 2017, 11:12 AM

as i did too last week when i dropped by Auburn to see, feel & take in what they have going..with respect & interest shown by me. Clemson is not the only cog in a large wheel of special campuses & football history across America!

Go TiGERS..Jeep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 dead in O HI O

Aug 18, 2017, 11:53 AM

how many more?

https://youtu.be/YdVMGKOFIwY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,410
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic