»
Topic: Draft Question
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 1, 2020, 7:43 AM by: smillsap1
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Draft Question

Posted: Nov 30, 2020, 9:32 PM

With the Seniors having the ability to return because of COVID,if they want to,can Seniors submit for a Draft Grade this year ?

THANKS !!!!

Re: Draft Question

[2]
Posted: Nov 30, 2020, 10:34 PM

Any eligible player is allowed to submit for a draft grade. They don’t have to be seniors. As long as they meet the NFL eligibility requirement which is be out of high school 3 years. This also doesn’t commit them to the draft so they can still come back for an additional year.

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Seniors don't usually ask for Draft Grades

Posted: Nov 30, 2020, 10:41 PM

Do they ? They're usually gone no matter what. This being year being special circumstances, I wondered if they could ?

THANKS

Re: Seniors don't usually ask for Draft Grades

[1]
Posted: Nov 30, 2020, 11:44 PM

The only requirement to be eligible for the draft is being 3 years out of high school. The only difference this year is that players get 1 more year of eligibility to play NCAA football. Getting a draft grade doesn't impact your eligibility for college... doesn't commit you to the NFL.

nullbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Dec 1, 2020, 6:16 AM

I think the only issue, IMO ,is whether or not thy sign with an agent. If they sign ,I think they are committed to leaving ,and can't return.

Posted: Dec 1, 2020, 7:05 AM

If they declare for the draft they have to back out of that before a certain day. Usually about the middle of January. Don’t know if that will change this year or not. But an agent will end their eligibility as well.

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Dec 1, 2020, 7:43 AM

Covid made for some interesting circumstances. I think there were some players that opted out and hooked up with agents but were allowed to return when the Big10 announced they would play this fall. I didn’t hear the specifics but I assume they had to pay back any loans/benefits they had received.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3600. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1012 people have read this post