Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't you just love these SEC hypocrites?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,536

Don't you just love these SEC hypocrites?

May 20, 2015, 7:08 PM

LSU AD: Teams don't want to come to Tiger Stadium, 'get their butts beat'

"Literally 80 percent just say 'no' right away" when LSU contacts potential opponents, Alleva reportedly said Tuesday on 104.5 FM ESPN Radio.

"Teams don't want to come to Tiger Stadium and get their butts beat. That's just a fact of life. I'm being as blunt as I can be ... they don't want to schedule losses."

Alleva did say that schools are more open to neutral site games, citing matchups with Wisconsin, TCU and BYU in the future. There was also a double-down on not playing Texas A&M on Thanksgiving in the interview, in case you were thinking Alleva's mind had changed on that topic.

But maybe Alleva should have avoided the topic of scheduling all together. He recently canceled a home-and-home series with a team in N.C. State that was willing to come to Tiger Stadium, and has fought tooth-and-nail to have Florida removed as an annual SEC opponent in the name of playing the likes of Vanderbilt and Kentucky instead.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25190841/lsu-ad-teams-dont-want-to-come-to-tiger-stadium-get-their-butts-beat

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ell Ooo Ell

May 20, 2015, 7:21 PM

That's one way to spin it I suppose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is a joke, right???

May 21, 2015, 12:10 AM

I challenge this lyin' SEC AD to try offering a home and home deal with almost any Div 1 program and I suspect theyd be more than glad to accomodate him

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is a joke, right???

May 21, 2015, 9:22 AM

so why do we not schedule them and decide where the REAL death valley is? i see people get on other schools and say they are no good but yet we are playing people like wofford (1600 students), app state, wyoming and georgia state. as rick flare once said , " to be the best you have to beat the best". why do we not schedule better ooc games and settle this matter?

May 21, 2015, 9:30 AM

Auburn, Georgia, and Texas A&M say hey

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2015, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

What an idiot....prob need to take a look at both OOC schedules and compare....oh I forgot yall play in the grueling SEC powerhouse week in and week out so it warrants that schedule LOL!!!! Such an amusing bunch.

I'm almost sure they've been contacted.

May 21, 2015, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

In fact I believe LSU turned us down when we scheduled Ole Miss. We canceled them when everyone thought the ACC would be going to 9 conference games and Auburn was the one that took the offer. SEVERAL SEC teams were contacted before Auburn, as Clemson wanted to play other teams(we play Auburn a lot),others turned us down,Auburn took the offer.

Guess like most Coots, you lack reading comprehension,as this article was all about LSU trying to deflect questions of weak OOC schedules the SEC west is famous for. At least 4 of the SECleast teams have built OOC Rivals. Didn't work out too well last year.

LOL...kay leedcoot. Let's look at facts shall we?

May 21, 2015, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

LSU OOC this season
Eastern Michigan - Conference ###
McNeese State - Conference Who Cares
Western Kentucky - Conference Go away already
Syracuse (HARDEST OOC) - ACC (also played by Clemson)

Clemson OOC this season
App State - Conference better than LSU's first 3
Wofford - Conference BS
Notre Dame - (LSU doesn't want any.)
USCjr - SEC (best conference ever)

Hmmmmmm.....which OOC would you rather play? This is just getting to the point that I truly believe you should not be on Tigernet anymore. You offer zero input except bashing of the players/coaching staff/fans and you have no real knowledge of the game. Literally just throw blind insults and unfortunately for me, I bite.

I truly hope you seek help with your addiction to Clemson and its fans and honestly, I can't wait for the day you jump on the bandwagon since you care so much. When that day comes, I will buy you a beer and teach you how to watch/learn about football properly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Already Disposed of Them

May 21, 2015, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

much like we disposed of you cocklover 35-17 and what we will do come nov. sec not an issue for tigers. we need to start on another conference - like pac 12. they are a better conference with better talent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

My god, could it be any more obvious that you're a #### loving

May 21, 2015, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

coot? We already showed LSU where the real Death Valley is.

I bet you were one of those people wearing "USC for LSU" shirts at the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The only joke is YOU! You're an IDIOT!******

May 21, 2015, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: this is a joke, right??? ]

Plus fans may not want to go to night games there and get pelted with beer cans and have ice thrown on them, kind of like at your place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't hyprocritical at all for the SEC.

May 21, 2015, 10:07 AM

They're paper tigers and the past few years have proven it. We've heard how the SEC West in 2014 was the best division in the history of college football, how the final four playoffs teams could all come from that division, etc. When it came time to prove it, they got drilled by TCU, OSU, GT, etc.

We are also told that they are worn down from their tough SEC schedule when they lose to an OOC opponent. We are told they "didn't want to be there" because their only measure of success is a national title game. When they win, it's because "iron sharpens iron" and the herculean schedule prepares them for big games. This is a conference that cannot lose.

Only SEC/LSU can say teams fear them then cancel a series with NC State. Laughable.

This line was PRICELESS-wish I could give U a 100TU's

May 21, 2015, 10:14 AM

Only SEC/LSU can say teams fear them then cancel a series with NC State. Laughable.

Re: Don't you just love these SEC hypocrites?

May 21, 2015, 1:31 PM

They aren't hypocrites. This is common practice in the SEC. I like it when it blows up in their face (Florida blocking each other in the upset loss to Georgia Southern).

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic