Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't be fickle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,486

Don't be fickle

Jan 17, 2016, 9:59 PM

Be a fan! People are excited about the basketball team right now because we are on a win streak. But will these same people be fans if we start losing or will they become critical. I am a fan, a Tiger fan! I will always cheer and pull for my Tigers, I never criticize my team, it will never help them win. We have 4 of the next 5 games on the road and could lose 3 of 5 or worse. I will still pull for my Tigers and believe we will win the next game, I always believe we will win. Don't forget how you feel about our team right now, support them when they win, support them when they lose. Be a fan! Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't be fickle

Jan 17, 2016, 10:13 PM

Won't be fickle. Haven't been fickle.

Love Clemson basketball... And will continue to do so.

Jan 18, 2016, 7:37 AM

quiz.....without research, do you know who Butch Zatazlo is? David Angel? Murray Jarmin? Merl Code?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw them all play, Butch Z in my freshman year.***

Jan 18, 2016, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, played against Angel at Bobby Roberts BB camp

Jan 18, 2016, 9:31 AM

I was a year older and could take him, even though I was five inches shorter than him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2016, 7:25 AM

I don't get why a team that hasn't played up to even lowered expectations for a number of years should expect for fans to flock to see a sub-standard product. Now, when there actually is something to be happy about, you criticize and call them bandwagon fans, why? As a lifelong Clemson fan/alumnus I always and forever want my team to win and my love for my school, their athletic programs and their athletes is constant. However, as with anything, fans have only one way to "exhibit" their displeasure with the direction of a program and that's through their absence and the withholding of money. That's ultimately what occurred, after 2-3 seasons too long, Tommy Bowden was asked to leave. Sure he was a good, Christian man but what does that have to do with winning?

In my opinion, there is an unhealthy relationship between some Clemson fans and their highly paid state employee coaches. My dad was a staunch coach's apologist and serial tolerater because "that's what real Clemson fans do!" While I loved and respected my dad, that is flawed thinking. No coach is bigger and more important than the program and while it seems uncomfortably cold, the coach must produce or he must go.

This team will be celebrated and praised for their accomplishments and I can assure you I will be, right where I've always been, in their corner. However, you calling out "bandwagon" fans because now people seem excited about our basketball team is stupid and is a "holier than thou" attitude. Again, this team has to be encouraged to take the next step and play at a level most believe they can so, they are probably happy and excited for all the "new" fans but not you? This team will always be pulled for that's what Clemson people do but as far as being excited about losing and hence supporting mediocrity, that's way too much to ask of any fan, even a Clemson fan.

Wellllll.. you are wrong.

Jan 18, 2016, 7:55 AM

When you don't show up you hurt these kids. I'd say real fans show up no matter what. Do you only feed your kids when they excel? When they fail do you completely ignore them?

Id say show up whenever you can. Voice your displeasure to the ad and coach. They are very accessible. They hold the reins, not these kids.

There is nothing flawed about supporting these students busting their arses in that Clemson uniform.

There is a flaw in assuming Clemson athletics owes us anything more than educating young men and women within the rules.

Btw. The average attendance top football games was pretty constant throughout Bowden tenure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Wellllll.. you are wrong.

Jan 18, 2016, 8:45 AM

I respect what you stated but don't you think some folks, not yourself, by continually playing the "bandwagon fan" card are in their own right "harming the boys?" When you're an entertainer, you sing to the ones that show and lately the singing and the playing are worthy of each other, that's most of what I was trying to point out. Feel proud and pat yourself on the back because you are a loyal and true Tiger fan, seriously, you deserve it. However, don't call out those folks that are getting excited about something new, a winning basketball team. Heck, that attitude and behavior helped create the rift in the Clemson family after the Danny Ford era. Anyway, this is how "new" fans are created and we need all fans, loyal, bandwagon, fair weather, old and new.... To build on something good. Go Tigers!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,486
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic