Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Donnal and Simms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Donnal and Simms

Feb 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

This is the question I want answered that no media asked after the game. Why did Brownell play Simms and Donnal so little in the second half after they played so well in the first half. They scored like 80% of our first half points.

Also why give Skara so many minutes. He is a good defender but a liability on offense

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question of the month. Would love to hear the answer.***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question of the month. Would love to hear the answer.***

Feb 19, 2018, 9:35 AM

My other question is how come the media cough cough Munson never ask a direct hard hitting question in the post game.

Re: Donnal and Simms

Feb 19, 2018, 9:39 AM

I did ask. Brad said it was his decision, didn't want to play Thomas and Donnal at the same time. Said Thomas played really well in the second half and didn't want to take him out.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please ask him why He continues to play Donnal out of position?

Feb 19, 2018, 11:01 AM

He’s not a center. He needs to play the 3 or 4. Esp with his shooting ability. He is a liability as a defender and rebounder. Not using optimizing his skill set having him the back up center.

No one else to back up Thomas. Also, were you serious

Feb 19, 2018, 10:25 PM

about him playing the 3 spot???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Donnal and Simms ]

Sorry David I wasnt faulting you just didn’t hear it on the postgame show with Munson. Thanks

Feb 19, 2018, 9:54 AM

All of our big guys are not really good ball handlers.I cringe when either of them start dribbling the ball because a large percent will be a turn over

Skara shut down Grayson Allen in the 2nd half. He totally

Feb 19, 2018, 9:56 AM

earned his time on the court. He needs to improve his shooting but others are on the court to score. It really gets old that many people on this board don't understand basketball, constantly complain about him and don't recognize his value to the team. He also does a much better job finding open guys on the offensive end. The other guys are strictly catch and shoot guys at this point.

I would question the Spencer and William playing time more than Skara. I know Spencer was probably dictated by Trapps foul trouble but he probably should have played him earlier vs. late game where there's no chance to recover from mistakes he makes.

"others are on the court to score"

Feb 19, 2018, 10:24 AM

All 5 players need to be able to score. Otherwise you're playing 4 on 5 offense.

His D is good, but he couldn't stand on the scorers table and hit the Tiger Paw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Its beyond "getting old" reading these junior high

Feb 19, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Skara shut down Grayson Allen in the 2nd half. He totally ]

basketball experts questioning the moves of someone who's been the Head Coach of a Division 1 basketball program (and making millions of dollars) for DECADES.....a coach who has watched every second of every practice, miles of game film, and has a paid staff advising him

Most of these idiots are just chickenfans who show up to poke a sharp stick at the caged tiger after a loss and a lot of the simple minded don't recognize them

I'd name those chickens individually, but a quick search by anyone interested can quickly identify those who comment during the game and the ones slinging fecal matter after a loss.

Almost unbelievably, there are people (notice I didn't say fans) who infest Tigernet during & after Clemson football games demanding that coaches be fired because some play backfired or the Tigers were upset.

As Tigernet heads late into its second decade of existance, I truly hoped the Clemson fans who participated were smarter than the vast majority of their chicken counterparts.....but for some reason, there are regulars on Tnet who want it to be as stupid as cockytalk or fgf and not a place for knowledgeable Clemson fan to trade opinions and old war stories. Kinda sad, really

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the 19 points in the first half??? Agree some

Feb 19, 2018, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Skara shut down Grayson Allen in the 2nd half. He totally ]

people don’t understand basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 10:15 AM

Thanks for asking @davidhood. That answers that. Thought maybe he was hurt... but sorry, was a terrible decision to not give him a breather in the first half and put him right back out. He was on fire and hitting 3’s too. He went out at 10 minutes mark and never returned and only played 3 minutes in second half.

Not a B.B. basher because I’m not a coach but I can tell obvious bad decisions. Plus I have never liked the way he blames stuff on everyone and everything else in his pressers.

Yeah, I’m proud of our Tigers this year and they’ve done a heck of a job under adversity. And, I’ll add that there were several reasons why we lost and second quessing is easy but it seems too often an obvious bad decision is made- eg, not fouling at fla st the last 39 seconds. Make em earn it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same thing happened to Sims these past 2 games.***

Feb 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 10:28 AM

I think one of BB asst. coaches helps him make some of those decisions. I did see him turn and talk to one of the coaches and he nodded his head and then a change was made a couple of times yesterday.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Skara had some head scratching mistakes, but he is the

Feb 19, 2018, 10:39 AM

one who made the game-tying bucket. He also had some good defensive stops that put us in a position to come back. Where this game really went wrong was fouling on the 3 pointer directly after Devoe finally hit his fist three and tied the game. That was a freshman mistake. The next offensive possession was frazzled and led to a missed bucket on an out-of-control drive to the basket. I would have loved to see a kickout to Gabe to sink another three and tie the game back up, but it is all history.

Bottom line... the team did not finish. They did enough to tie the game and swing momentum, but they did not capitalize. That is not on personnel or coaching... it was simply a failure to execute.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:50 AM

I thought the same thing during the game. Donnal hit 3 in a row in 1st and then only saw him one more time in the 2nd.

Feb 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

Donnal should have gotten more playing time, but it is obvious he is a huge liability on defense and rebounding. He is so slow. He is awesome with shooting but that’s about it.

I the first game I noticed him getting exposed on defense was against NC state. Thomas got into Foul trouble and states 7 footer had a field day Donnal.

The reason Simms didn’t play as much is because Skara absolutely locked Grayson Allen down on D. Do you remember Allen scoring 17 in the first half? Shutting Allen down was extremely valuable.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic