Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now

Jun 19, 2018, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now

Jun 19, 2018, 11:18 AM

Hopefully its an audition. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 11:32 AM

I’m curious why a lot of y’all say that. I prefer listening to him during b-ball or baseball season even if the games are on tv. He and qualk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't have the juice

Jun 19, 2018, 11:36 AM

Just not what you think of when you think about PBP guys. Seems pretty nerdy (not that there's anything wrong with that). I don't think Yannity being fired and the rumored weaseling that went align with Munson getting his job rubbed people the right way either. Big fan of Yannity.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, I loved Pete calling it...even if people hated

Jun 19, 2018, 12:17 PM

And there's Orange in the end zone. I liked a lot better than how slow Don is. My biggest complaint about Don is the Renfrow touchdown to win the Natty. I've heard Pete go nuts over regular touchdowns, I couldn't imagine how he would have called that one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sig-1

Re: Agreed, I loved Pete calling it...even if people hated

Jun 19, 2018, 2:17 PM

Natty touchdown call was cringeworthy. So lame

It really was bad, although I loved the Spanish version***

Jun 19, 2018, 2:39 PM

sig-1

Jun 19, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

AGREE 100% ON MUNSON BUT NOT ON QUALK. I GO TO MOST EVERY GAME, HOME AND AWAY AND LISTEN TO THE RADIO DURING THE GAMES, MOSTLY FOR STATS AND OTHER THINGS. DON RATES UP THERE WITH ANY OF THEM. WAY BETTER THAN MOST. HEY, MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET THAT TEAM FROM COLUMBIA. THE PBP GUYS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS MAKE YOU GLAD OF WHAT WE HAVE AT CLEMSON. I FOR THE LIFE OF ME CANT FIGURE OUT THE VITRIOL FOR DON.

Jun 19, 2018, 11:54 AM

I just find him bland and its like he's trying to talk about something he knows nothing about. Plus there are a lot of errors during broadcasts. Jim painted a picture. Don give you a brief emotionless glance

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 12:00 PM

WELL CHANCES ARE WE AINT GONNA GET ANOTHER JIM. JIM MADE A LOT OF ERRORS ALSO LATER IN HIS CAREER. PEOPLE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT JIM DAILY. NOT I, HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST IMO. BUT I CERTAINLY FIND DON FAR FROM BLAND. HE IS JUST ABOUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF HOMER IMO.

Jun 19, 2018, 12:09 PM

Meant to say that I envy you getting to go to ALL the games. Man that'd be fun.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

deroberts said it right. Do you really want to end up with those clowns in cootlumbia and as he stated, other teams - talk about listening to paint dry. Nah, they'll never be another Jim Phillips.

Tell you imo who'd be good (eventually) is uncle Bill Spiers. The few times he did baseball I thought he did great, especially with the color. I guess he's going the coach route though.

Don and Bob are one of the best baseball broadcast duos I

Jun 19, 2018, 1:49 PM

have heard.

Jun 19, 2018, 1:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

So our options are:

1. Have Dandy Don calling play by play

2. Have someone as bad as Todd Ellis

How about 3.

3. Do a national search for a guy who has alot of tape you can listen to and judge whether he is a fit for Clemson and delivers a game in a way that makes you feel as if you were there

And by the way, Rodney isn't much better.

Yannity and Will were a solid combo. Yannity the steady voice and Will as the homer. I miss Mike Eppley too. Wander what hes doing these days?

Since You Asked

Jun 19, 2018, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

1.) Mr. Munson constantly and please allow me to reiterate, constantly makes mistakes as in multiple times in every game he broadcast. Not mundane mistakes but on important potentially game altering plays.
2.) Relatedly, Mr. Munson can not keep up with the game.
3.) Mr. Munson is very condescending and thinks that he speaks for the entire Clemson family. Mr. Munson has every right to state his opinions during radio interviews but not when he is broadcasting a Clemson athletic event.
4.) I agree with your argument concerning the broadcast teams from other universities, that is not relevant to Clemson having the best broadcast team possible.

Re: Since You Asked

Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 PM

That's the biggest thing for me, especially in football. He's always changing up his call for what yard line the ball is on, always having to correct himself on who made the tackle or who made the catch. If you just pay attention to the game and have a feel for the game you can call out who makes most tackles and catches and stuff like that. I feel like Don has to look down at the roster on every play.

Jun 19, 2018, 1:52 PM

I don't mind Don. He isn't going to wow you or will he ever be on a list with great radio play by play guys. We may never get those anymore though due solely on the fact every game is on tv nowadays. Back in Jim's day he had to paint a picture of every play because most people listened on the radio. That is what we don't have today is those announcers that can paint you a picture with you sitting in the stadium even though you're miles away.

Jun 19, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Since You Asked ]

You forgot how he goes off on unrelated tangents for far too long and ignores what is going on with the game

Re: maybe y'all would rather have that team in Cootlumbia

Jun 19, 2018, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

There are times when I listen to them (starved for college football, even bad football since i don't have cable), and i get a kick out of Tommy Suggs trying to tone down Todd Ellis. It's like an older brother trying to calm down the little pipsqueak tot telling tall tales at the dinner table before he says something that gets everyone in trouble.

Now that I've found the online audio broadcast for our games, there won't be much reason to tune them in anymore, but those other guys are entertaining. Just not in a factual or endearing way.

Munson is unbearable, especially during baseball games

Jun 19, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Don Munson on 92.9 in ATL right now ]

I started paying more attention to it this year. He will go off on some random tangent and ramble on and on for minutes and not even talk about what's going on with the game.

It's like sometimes he thinks he's there to tell stupid antecdotes and lame jokes and forgets that he's supposed to be commenting on the actual game itself

Jun 19, 2018, 3:21 PM

There will never be another Jim. I agree that those individuals from that time period could make you feel like you were at the game. It is just different now. I liked Pete. Don is just okay.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic