Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Does swinney

Oct 11, 2016, 7:42 AM

Have a little more cut throat in him this season. He seems more serious than last year.... Comments

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2nd Place

Oct 11, 2016, 7:55 AM

Second place sucks for a champion.

Dabo is the ANTI - MINDSET that Clemson has had for a while.

Knife to the throat
Foot to the gas

and

No let downs.

He's channeling his inner Saban.***

Oct 11, 2016, 7:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's channeling his inner Alabama (a good thing).******

Oct 11, 2016, 8:52 AM

Re: I agree

Oct 11, 2016, 7:59 AM

I've noticed that too. He doesn't seem to be having as much fun as in years past. No Jeannine Edwardses going airborne, not too much "bring your own..." this year, not as much excitement over a TD, it seems, no articles asking about a "dab" or a do. Seems clinical this year.

My two pence

Rich

Re: Does swinney

Oct 11, 2016, 8:00 AM

Let's clear all this up

1. Dabo understands how close they came and wants to make sure it doesn't happen again. This includes practicing rare plays in live game situations.

2. Dabo doesn't like it but his hand has been forced by the medias spin on the close games early in the season.

3. Most importantly, have you noticed who is getting the brunt of Dabo's criticism? Auburn-Leggett and BC-Cain over the last two seasons who has needed to get their act together more?

null

Oct 11, 2016, 8:06 AM

It's not cut throat, imo. I think our coaches are practicing our guys during games. I do not believe that we've put our best series of playcalling in a game for more than two or three minutes this season.

By generating adversity we stress our player as one stresses any muscle to build and make it stronger. I believe our coaches intentionally take advantage of circumstances which allow them to create the illusion that if our players, especially the backups, do not do their jobs we will lose the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2016, 8:12 AM

god forbid

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have they even danced in the locker room

Oct 11, 2016, 8:33 AM

this year? WCS for sure has his eyes set on a NC this year, but he is a smart football coach and knows you can't take all the fun out of it...........ie, Michigan, Ohio State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Have they even danced in the locker room

Oct 11, 2016, 8:37 AM

Yes. Swinney commented on it during an interview recently, said they have had tape rolling but haven't released it.

Re: Have they even danced in the locker room

Oct 11, 2016, 8:40 AM

Also the media road that for all it was worth last season. Face it we are not the "new hotness" this season. Clemson has proven themselves and Dabo has proven his methods work. They can't talk about it as new or revolutionary it is just Dabo being Dabo only now it comes with the expectation of championships.

null

Oct 11, 2016, 8:38 AM

dabo said they still celebrate and dance and all that stuff.. they just don't put it out on social media and all that. trust me... he IS having fun.. the fun is in the winning and... well... we're winning!!.. keep it up, tigers!!

He has been maturing right in front of us.

Oct 11, 2016, 9:47 AM

Come a long way from celebrating on the sideline in the first half of the Auburn game we lost to Cam and company.

His intensity seems to be more sharply channeled this season. That, along with more depth on defense, could mean great results.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dabo had a problem controlling team emotions.

Oct 11, 2016, 9:57 AM

I complained about it a few times in the distant past. Emotions were sometimes out of control, that's bad. At times our team felt they couldn't win, the rest of the time they felt they couldn't lose. Neither is the emotion of a championship team.

A championship team always believes it can win any game and also believes it can lose that game. It's a fine line to toe to get top performances from each member all the time. I'm especially pleased with how he substitutes in the early part of a game which allows the less experienced to feel the situational pressure.

"He has been maturing right in front of us." Even an exclamation point would not have been enough to give due accentuation to that statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo - wants to win a NATTY - he knows how - and he knows It

Oct 11, 2016, 9:49 AM

isn't easy ......

especially with bama in the way

null

Seems like a lightbulb went on right before the half of the

Oct 11, 2016, 10:30 AM

Louisville game. Before that the old Dabo would have taken a knee. And we might have ended up losing had the old Dabo emerged.

You listen to Plyler this morning?***

Oct 11, 2016, 10:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: You listen to Plyler this morning?***

Oct 11, 2016, 11:13 AM

Sure did i asked the same question just to see the response. I think he had fun last year but I think it's all business this year. It hurt to lose the championship so i could only imagine how the team and coaches felt

I think he was disappointed after losing the last game last

Oct 11, 2016, 11:50 AM

season and knows how difficult it is to get back to the champ game and he is just focused on getting the team to that point.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic