Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does it really matter which QB starts?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,811

Does it really matter which QB starts?

Aug 13, 2018, 9:32 PM

All three will get plenty of playing time. I'm excited to watch them all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it really matter which QB starts?

Aug 13, 2018, 9:34 PM

Game 1, no. Game 2...maybe...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 9:53 PM

If you play two or three QB's, that says that you don't have One top QB!!! Sound off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our situation might be different than the adage would have

Aug 13, 2018, 10:37 PM

one believe.

KB is a proven big game winner. Remember ESPN Gameday atmospheres at Louisville and Va. Tech last year - some of the biggest games in those schools history? KB was money.

TL is a rare dude for sure, and physically he is much closer to the part as a Freshman. Count him in to play often, which he will.

And Chase Brice, who all coaches actively rave about - a shifty, speedy cat with a live arm and guts.

I think our biggest problem this year is going to be trying to get all these daggum stars everywhere the ball as often as possible every game. Definitely a 1st world problem though - embarrassment of riches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2018, 9:36 PM

What matters more is playing "the best QB"...even if that's not the more experienced. All can be utilized, but at some point in the season, consistency will be needed. You won't win everything rotating 3 QB's...ask 2016 Auburn.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:00 PM

Just think about the options with TL as the main starter and KB getting 10-12 snaps a game .
With studs RBs , WRs and a good O-line this sould be a nightmare for DCs .
It’s all there all the coaches need to do is get creative.

My Opinion

Aug 13, 2018, 10:20 PM

Trevor is far -- FAR beyond Kelly in skill. He is the future. What is the one thing he needs? Game experience. So give it to him! Stop with his BS about Kelly having experience. We can win a National Championship this year and in my opinion the only QB on our side who can win that is Trevor. He needs the experience for the playoffs so we need to get him in the game now.

This is my opinion. I'm not a coach, I'm not at practice. If I'm wrong - yeah shoot me. But I am more than confident that this will be very obvious by mid-season --- bud let's not waste half a year of experience for Trevor getting there. Yea they may put him in but I don't want him playing with scrubs in garbage time. I want him to start against the best competition. I have no doubt he won't let us down.

99% of us are with you.***

Aug 13, 2018, 10:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL will play the 4th series against Furman -

Aug 13, 2018, 10:25 PM [ in reply to My Opinion ]

they will probably give KB & TL 3 & 3 series to start the game

then go from there.

null

agreed..you're not a coach and you're not at practice

Aug 14, 2018, 8:00 AM [ in reply to My Opinion ]

but I won't shoot you. ..it's just football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Probably not until the playoffs

Aug 13, 2018, 10:33 PM

I expect at least 2 QB's to get significant reps. I think we will dominate most opponents on both sides of the ball and each QB will get some love, particularly TL and KB.

Heyellllllll NO!

Aug 13, 2018, 10:37 PM

What matters is the one who shows out when the lights are on. Go TIGERS! And may the best man win . . . AT EVERY POSITION

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Heyellllllll NO!

Aug 14, 2018, 7:00 AM

Helllllllll No! Check yourself if you wish anything other than success for KB. I hope he wins a Natty!!!

It's early and I've had only one cup of coffee

Aug 14, 2018, 7:17 AM

but do you think my comment suggested I don't want KB to show out under the lights?

'Cause NOT

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I think it matters, but I agree that all will play. The one

Aug 13, 2018, 11:00 PM

that gives us the best chance to win will start and play the most when the game is on the line. To that extent I think it matters. That may be different QBs at different times or at different stages as the season progresses. I know what you are saying though, and agree in principle, that as Dabo said, we have 3 QBs we can win with, and I'm exited to see it unfold as well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 13, 2018, 11:06 PM

No, it probably doesn't. We will have wins regardless. This being the case... would you rather get TL experience for next year as a starter and becoming the focus or have him play probably 30-50% of a game.

The fact that it doesn't matter moves the needle to TL in my opinion.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:06 PM

No, it probably doesn't. We will have wins regardless. This being the case... would you rather get TL experience for next year as a starter and becoming the focus or have him play probably 30-50% of a game.

The fact that it doesn't matter moves the needle to TL in my opinion.

Not until a game is close.***

Aug 14, 2018, 12:29 AM

Aug 14, 2018, 6:53 AM

Not To Me.

Aug 14, 2018, 7:10 AM

Just win.

of course..which is why the coaches say the qb that gives the best chance

Aug 14, 2018, 7:57 AM

to win will play

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic