Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else feel KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Does anyone else feel KB

Dec 17, 2017, 8:39 PM

Was still feeling pain in his ankle even up against Miami? He didn't seem to run as hard as he did against teams like Auburn early in the season. I think this time off will allow us to see a much tougher KB and with his last game how he threw against what was probably the best secondary we've faced all year in Miami I think his confidence is still through the roof! I think he's gonna come out slinging it in 2 weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime***

Dec 17, 2017, 8:41 PM

Re: Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime***

Dec 17, 2017, 8:45 PM

You have a confidence that I don't, I believe we win but by 20? That's a tall order.

Dec 17, 2017, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime*** ]

I hope you are right I really do but that's not going to happen.
And if KB is off throwing the ball we better hope the Tiger D is very dominant.

"Mighty strong words, runt!"

Dec 17, 2017, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime*** ]

:) I hope you are right.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

We could be leading by 20 at halftime and the game

Dec 17, 2017, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime*** ]

wouldn’t be “over.”

null

Dec 17, 2017, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Clemson beats Bama by 20...will be over by halftime*** ]

The last two meetings went down to the wire, this may be no different. I will guess less points and yards by both teams.

Re: Does anyone else feel KB

Dec 17, 2017, 8:41 PM

I mean he hasn't had a 20 yard run since the Virginia tech game, so maybe his ankle has been hurt all season

has won 12 games, not bad. That’s more than coots when I’m two seasons sometimes***

Dec 17, 2017, 8:44 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else feel KB ]

Watch his runs, he hasn't cut nearly as well. He's gonna be the X factor coming down the stretch and I hope he's healthy.

Dec 17, 2017, 8:47 PM

I agree but we have not really needed him to run much since the NCST game.
He will have to get first downs with his legs vs Bama or they will shut us down .

he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and

Dec 17, 2017, 8:59 PM

Turns when defenders get close. Does not fall forward of get extra yards unless near goal line

Tell'em coot.***

Dec 17, 2017, 9:04 PM

Re: he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and

Dec 17, 2017, 9:04 PM [ in reply to he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and ]

That's the main reason that started making me look deeper into it and then almost every run I start to notice it, maybe it's for extra ball security since that was an issue in some games who knows.

34-10

Dec 17, 2017, 9:47 PM [ in reply to he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and ]

56-7

Dec 17, 2017, 10:34 PM [ in reply to he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and ]

Are you blind ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to he shys from contact on all runs now, slows down and ]

> Turns when defenders get close. Does not fall
> forward of get extra yards unless near goal line

This is what I noticed after the injury. The north-south running with a little wiggle to throw off defenders was gone. Since then he seems to run laterally and not able to outrun the pursuit so he goes out of bounds. I’d like to see the KB that torched Miami for big yards from couple years back.

Did he break his arm or did Renfro die or something?***

Dec 17, 2017, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else feel KB ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2017, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else feel KB ]

And what if he's not fully healthy. Play someone else????

Dec 17, 2017, 9:08 PM

Not what I was saying at all, I was just curious as to if anyone else saw or felt this way towards the end of the year.

Dec 17, 2017, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else feel KB ]

His run to the pylon in the ACCCG was pretty KB , if you'd asked me ? I think he is 100% , and I have no doubt he'll perform well in both facets and with his decision maling when the Bama time comes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Tell 'em coot

Dec 17, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else feel KB ]

Dec 17, 2017, 9:09 PM

He's ready did y'all see him out run Miami's number 22 for a TD......Wonder what 22's 40 time is???

Dec 17, 2017, 9:33 PM

We did for sure. Very impressive. I still doubt his ankle is 100% probably 85 or 90 but this time off I think it will be as good as it can be considering it is this late in the season.

Dec 17, 2017, 9:12 PM

He did run pretty good early against Miami. I do not think he has been 100% since the Wake game. The time off will help for sure.

We will know that Kelly is completely healed when he...

Dec 17, 2017, 9:28 PM

passes using his right foot to push off and jams his left foot into the ground which pushes his left hip backward to rotate his body CCw. If that seems complicated and you think I'm confused there's a much more simple way to evaluate the health of that ankle.

When that ankle is 100% you will see KB hitting receivers who are in full stride. He will be leading them enough for them to continue at top speed.

If you can remember, he started the year being a better deep ball thrower than DW. I don't know if he will be back to form when we play Bama. We'll know it when we see it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With his last TD to Cain in the Miami game he floated

Dec 17, 2017, 10:15 PM

the ball about 35 yards from the pocket into the endzone with a perfect pass over Cain's shoulder, reminiscent of those early TD passes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will know that Kelly is completely healed when he...

Dec 17, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to We will know that Kelly is completely healed when he... ]

Most excellent observation. And yes, he has suffered leading the receivers since getting hurt. Not sure if it’s hurting or just gunshy when he plants and cuts. Early on he’d juke a player out his jockstrap. As for turning his back, he’s probably being coached that way for now.

I think we’ll see “ katy bar the door “ in bama game just like 88 says!

So, think most are in agreement and no need to tell em coot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idk, it didnt seem like his ankle was hurting when put the B button

Dec 17, 2017, 10:28 PM

move on one of the miami defenders early in the game. He's not 100% (what player is 100% healthy at this point in the season?) but i think he was close to it in that game.

Dec 17, 2017, 10:31 PM

No, his ankle won't be feeling nothing close to pain!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back to last year....

Dec 18, 2017, 8:54 AM

Watson did no run with abandon (shoulder) last part of the year as he was limiting the number of hits during the season. He stepped it up during the playoffs.

Think the same for KB. Coaches probably told him to play safe, limit hits, etc. Do not know if ankle is 100%, but I think he will be turned loose against Bama.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic