Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone actually believe Auburn is #2 in the country?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Does anyone actually believe Auburn is #2 in the country?

Dec 27, 2013, 8:35 AM

To me Michigan State is the #2 in the country. Their defense is legit but the SEC bias gets Auburn into the natty. I would say they are the luckiest team in the country just for that alone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Auburn is a good team but not No.2

Dec 27, 2013, 8:40 AM

The UGA and Bama wins were the epitome of luck and they haven't looked dominate in all of their games like FSU has. in fact most of their games were won within a single touchdown or less.

AU skyrocketed up the polls (I think they were unranked ...

Dec 27, 2013, 8:40 AM

as late as midseason) never seen anything like that.

Mich State only went up if other teams ahead of them lost (but ESPN told us the Big10 was weak, so it had to be true).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AU skyrocketed up the polls (I think they were unranked ...

Dec 27, 2013, 8:47 AM

we are getting ready to find out if the big 10 is any good or not and as far as fsu, who other than us did they beat that was any good? I saw duke play with them for almost a half, head to head. should be a good game, but if you don't think auburn should be playing fsu, who do think should?

Dec 27, 2013, 9:15 AM

That is a easy one to answer right there, Alabama!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you figure that when Auburn just beat them?

Dec 27, 2013, 10:09 AM

Just curious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dec 27, 2013, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: AU skyrocketed up the polls (I think they were unranked ... ]

Alabama, Michigan State...

FSU only trailed in one game all season long.***

Dec 27, 2013, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: AU skyrocketed up the polls (I think they were unranked ... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 27, 2013, 10:57 AM [ in reply to AU skyrocketed up the polls (I think they were unranked ... ]

Clemson was not in the polls the year we won it all!!!

But a coot wouldn't know that

It won't matter

Dec 27, 2013, 8:43 AM

FSU is going to assdrag them.

They better.***

Dec 27, 2013, 8:45 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Does anyone actually believe Auburn is #2 in the country?

Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM

They are top 10 for sure, but not #2. The GA win really stands out bc that was a definite loss. Mich st lost to Notre Dame so hard to say they are #2. Stanford beat ND but lost to USC, who also beat ND. If Stanford hadn't lost to Utah they would have a argument for #2 team. But Auburn prob still would have gotten in NC game bc they are in the SEC. The SEC propaganda does get rather sickening when they start called Auburn Americas team on ESecPN! When it it a fact that no one in America except SEC fans and ESPN want them to win the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2013, 8:50 AM

how could anyone say they are not number 2. they won all their games except one early. no matter how you win it is a win. maybe if we had not been "unlucky" and lost the ball 6 times we would have 1 loss. it aint how you win, it is just win.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 AM

uh michigan st lost 2 games and play in the big 10

Mich State is 12-1***

Dec 27, 2013, 9:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mi State played one decent team before OSU and loss***

Dec 27, 2013, 8:47 AM

If not Auburn....who?

Dec 27, 2013, 8:50 AM

I see the Mich State argument; But that's all it is.
The SEC is going get the benefit of the doubt till
proven otherwise.

Dec 27, 2013, 8:58 AM

AU is a 2-3 loss team playing for a National Title. Some teams dominate there way to the Title game and on an occasion like this, they lucked there way into it. They do enough to stay in games until that miracle happens. I don't see it happening with FSU tho.

Yea, and you'd better too. You, of course, don't have to

Dec 27, 2013, 9:07 AM

agree with it, but the ranking is what the ranking is. Don't ever confuse ranking with prowess of course.

Re:I would not be surprised if they aren't #1 after the

Dec 27, 2013, 9:10 AM

upcoming game.

For $$$ ESPN had to get an SEC team in the NC game.

Dec 27, 2013, 9:11 AM

ESPN is in bed with the SEC - a monster they helped create.
The NCAA is too weak, greedy, inept to stand up to ESPN and they sure can't manage any investigation or manage their own member schools.

Of course! You want proof? Just look at all of the

Dec 27, 2013, 9:48 AM

SEC teams they beat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

it is legit... THey are as good as any other 1 loss team

Dec 27, 2013, 9:54 AM

so why not..

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No, but they have definately taken the #1 luckiest team

Dec 27, 2013, 10:06 AM

in America title away from UGA.

Alabama is better than Auburn***

Dec 27, 2013, 10:08 AM

Are they? They couldn't prove it when they had the

Dec 27, 2013, 10:52 AM

chance.

- H. L. Mencken

If 'better' means they 'get it done on the field against'

Dec 27, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Alabama is better than Auburn*** ]

the other team, then you have already been proven wrong. If 'better' means some made up amateur concept that can never be proven or deducted, then anything is better than anything else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Zachary - that's the whole point in playing the game -

Dec 27, 2013, 11:12 AM

to see who's best. Of course, the best team doesn't always win, but they do most of the time, and a head-to-head contest is a much better measure than people's biased opinions and concepts. If a guy knocks out the heavyweight champ, they don't say "oh well, the champ keeps the belt, because even though he lost, he's clearly the better fighter"; no, the WINNER becomes the champion, as he should. Football is a sport, not a beauty pageant, or even a recruiting contest.

- H. L. Mencken

Some people treat rankings as an absolute measurement...

Dec 27, 2013, 10:55 AM

They are relative, people. If not Auburn, who? #2 isn't a status, it's a relative position against other schools. You could easily make an argument we are over-rated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Auburn is hanging around in the 4th Q, they will be #1.***

Dec 27, 2013, 12:16 PM

Auburn is worthy of number two***

Dec 27, 2013, 1:02 PM

I learned in the aftermath of the Bama loss to Auburn and

Dec 27, 2013, 1:04 PM

the Auburn throttling of Missouri that in the end, no matter how many times they lose, or who they lose to, Bama is still the best team in the nation and probably still deserved a shot against FSU or at worst, a rematch with Auburn.

Why not Baylor?

Dec 27, 2013, 7:19 PM

Why not MSU? Because their not SEC that's why not.

Everyone keeps saying Auburn is lucky...well maybe the UGA

Dec 27, 2013, 8:17 PM

game yes, but Alabama...there was no luck. That was stupidity on Saban (yes it's possible) and very wise of Allbarn to be ready for the short kick. The game was tied...whose to say they wouldn't have won in OT anyway...

Re: Everyone keeps saying Auburn is lucky...well maybe the UGA

Dec 27, 2013, 8:39 PM

Auburn has a very good team. (Luck plays a part in every championship run) I think they will give FSU all they can handle! I love a great football game and I think this MNC will be fun to watch!

Dec 27, 2013, 9:23 PM

Auburn is the luckiest team in the country. Sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are when you are that lucky.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic