Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does UNCheat fire Fedora after this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,900

Does UNCheat fire Fedora after this season?

Oct 18, 2017, 6:59 PM

His buyout is only about $1.8 million.

That's less than the bribery money they paid the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Does UNCheat fire Fedora after this season?

Oct 18, 2017, 7:04 PM

I don't think they paid the NCAA directly. It is my understanding that it was funneled through lawyers kind of like the Quinn PR firm down in Cootlumbia!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 7:04 PM

They can’t afford that. They are busy hiring professors because they found out they need to teach classes in order to be a college.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 7:09 PM

Not sure they need professors to teach their sports classes. Just offer these "classes" to everyone and have an administrator "grade" the work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Does UNCheat fire Fedora after this season? ]

I think that they found out that they don't have to try and hide having fake classes bc the NCAA says that's OK to have them as long as the fake classes were offered to rest of the university, and they could sign up for them also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupidity overload!***

Oct 18, 2017, 10:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it

Oct 18, 2017, 7:10 PM

If i'm not mistaken he came in and first few years had lost scholarships. which means the season he is in now is limited. I think he gets through this year unscathed and next year they should be back to normal 7 or 8 win season. after that if its ehhhh then he is prob gone. He stuck with the University despite having multiple opportunities to bolt due to scholarship limitations, cloud of NCAA over them, etc.

Good question honestly.

Oct 18, 2017, 7:20 PM

There are more coaches on the hot seat than there are availible to replace them. I could see Fedora getting another year or two but I am not sure who would replace him.

Kevin Sumlin = more than likely gone after 2 more losses (better for any program if they wait till the offseason to fire any coach).

Butch Jones = His own family probably wants him fired at this point.

Warm seats from rumors and speculation. Granted some of these coaches are safe for a few years.

Petrino - Lamar gave that team ridiculous expectations after last year. This year it's proving Petrino is a fraud and it's all Lamar. (They need a major culture change, student athlete-wise.)

Orgeron - (Auburn win helped him a lot but Troy loss is still unacceptable in swampy areas.) They win out and he's loved again by all the two tooth Cajun eaters.

Jimbo - Noles fans are down right infuriated this year. But he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He better beat Florida though or the pressure is on next year. He needs to get them to a playoff birth within the next 2 years.

Malzahn - although things have quieted down around there with his firing, I expect it got murmured again after the LSU loss. He's got to beat Bama to negate the firing talk for the offseason.

Jim McElwain - if Florida can't get that offense thing turned around next year, I expect this to really get heated down there. There's already been hush hush talks about it with the fans. If they lose to UGA and, god forbid, the coots, it'll really get talked about a lot coming up. He has another year or 2 to be safe from any firing discussion I think.

I'm sure I'm missing some other coaches but I just listed some off the top of my head that have their fan bases rustled a little.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd love to see Dino

Oct 18, 2017, 7:22 PM

get a job like Florida

it would suck to recruit against him but he would be good for them.

Agreed it wouldn't fun for our coaches to recruit with Dino.

Oct 18, 2017, 7:42 PM

But that's the only thing holding Florida back from being a great team these past 6 or 7 years now. They've always had a great defense in that time frame. This year they've taken a small step back in my perspective but it's still a defense you can win a championship with if your offense was capable.

Mike Riley isn't going to survive the season at Nebraska.

Oct 18, 2017, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Good question honestly. ]

Barry Odom is probably out at Missouri.
Bret belieme may get canned at Arkamsas.
Butch Jones is 100% gone
Jim Mora is in alot of trouble at UCLA
Lovie Smith has to be close to getting canned at Illinois
Supposedly Davis Beatty is close to getting fired at Kansas, but... who really cares?

Malzahn and sumlin are both a few bad losses away from getting fired, but that's been the case for a couple years now. I think both do enough to stick around awhile longer.

I really don't think Orgeron was gonna get fired this year even if LSU went like 6-6.

McIlwain probably deserves more heat than he's getting. The only thing that's really saves him has been the utter trash division he's managed to win the last two years.

Re: Mike Riley isn't going to survive the season at Nebraska.

Oct 18, 2017, 8:33 PM

I knew I was forgetting a good few of them.

Agreed Orgeron isn't going anywhere regardless of his record this year but their will be whispers if things don't seem to be improving from what they had with Les Miles in the next few years.

Agreed with Florida, the East being so bad is what's saving him but that'll change if they don't beat UGA and have a bad loss down the road.

I can't belive I forgot Ole Mr. Hog himself. Bret has got a very very short leash right now himself. His teams seem to be progressively worse. They just seem like they don't want to play.

Barry Odom agreed. Mizzou is slumping further and further.

Jim Mora I think if he can steal another good win or two can keep his job for another year.

Beliema is probably safe at Arkansas...

Oct 18, 2017, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Mike Riley isn't going to survive the season at Nebraska. ]

largely because of his current $15.4 million buyout that runs to the end of the calendar year. That is the largest buyout in $EC history. It drops to $11.7 million on January 1st.

Bielema’s original buyout from his initial 2012 contract was just $6.4 million (which was still way too high), but then the AD more than doubled it following Arkansas 7-6 season in 2014.

In addition to Bielema’s buyout, you also have to consider whatever would be owed to his assistants and the possible additional buyout Arkansas might have to pay for the next coach to get out of his current contract.

Arky is also in the process of spending A LOT of money building some new facilities including a very high-profile major stadium renovation that is expected to cost somewhere in the $160 million range.

I'm just not sure Arky can afford to fire him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're stuck in the rut of mediocrity then.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:24 PM

Unless Bret pulls a few hogs out the hat, they're not even going to be in the top 3 of their division anytime soon.

Re: Mike Riley isn't going to survive the season at Nebraska.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Mike Riley isn't going to survive the season at Nebraska. ]

Illinois isn't the type of program that can afford to fire a coach after 2 years, especially one with the resume of Lovie Smith.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

No way. They had a great season 2 years ago and were pretty

Oct 18, 2017, 8:15 PM

solid last year. He's not going to get fired after one bad year there.

why?

Oct 18, 2017, 8:21 PM

They've won a game. That holds them over until Roy's geniuses take the court

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are already talking basketball. Not sure they

Oct 18, 2017, 8:23 PM

are aware football team is playing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judging from the attendance, they don't...

Oct 18, 2017, 9:56 PM

I attended a Clemson/UNCheat game in Chapel Hole many years ago.

There was a blue and white basketball scrimmage a little later that same evening. People who had a ticket stub to the football game got free admission to the scrimmage.

About mid way through the third quarter, a large percentage of the crowd got up and left so they could get a good seat at the basketball scrimmage.

It started to rain pretty heavily late in the game. Clemson was winning and by them most of the TarHole fans were long gone. The PA announcer told the few remaining in the crowd they could all move the lower deck under the overhang of the upper deck in order to get out of the rain

He's doing as he's told ... UNC sports will lay low for a

Oct 18, 2017, 8:56 PM

year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 12:48 AM

No. Why would they? He's done well, all things considered.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,900
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic