Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack.....

Jun 8, 2015, 3:16 PM

any semblance of objectivity and make things up to suit their own needs/wishes, e.g. baseball coaching situation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A few gaffs they've made recently....

Jun 8, 2015, 4:02 PM

If you're going to write something ya might as well get it right if that's your job. Atleast that was my understanding...

"The South Forsyth (#######, Georgia) junior nailed the four in the 33-8 win over Northview, which tied the state record for most made field goals in a single game."

Actually, that ties him with a host of others for second-most field goals in a single game. Three GA kickers have made 5 in a game- Zach Griffin of Ware County in 2010, Jeremy Hayes of Cedartown in 91', and Ryan Kay of Dutchtown in 10'. See, that's called doing your homework and I can assure you it wasn't hard for me to find those stats.

"On kickoffs, Barbir has hit close to 90 percent into the end zone for touchback."
34 of 41 is around 82.92%. It would be better to say 83% or if you want to be somewhat generous just say, "has hit close to 85 percent."

http://www.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/showthread.php?t=46604

"Unless someone else got one earlier today, he's the first 2017 QB to get an offer from Clemson." -FROM APRIL 20TH WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! At the time this was printed, we've offered several 2017 QB's according to multiple sources. Those sources state that Jake Bentley, Connor Curry, Hendon Hooker, Jason Shelley, and Brandon Gaddy- although Gaddy will probably see action at a different position given that he's 6-4 240- have all been offered.

Then there was another occassion where a slip of the finger gave a QB prospect some gaudy numbers. It read that one QB had "passed for over 251033 yards last season." Busy guy, huh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack.....

Jun 8, 2015, 4:49 PM

I go to their board all the time. I think they're just as credible as any other fan site. No outlet is perfect, I remember when all 3 major networks reported that White House Press Secretary James Brady was dead from his head wound during the Reagan assassination attempt. Brady live 20 more years.

I've never understood the pizzing contest some people on this board have with TCI. Just like Nicki and David Hood they're dedicated Clemson fans who report the latest news on Clemson. You don't like them, don't go there. To argue whether they're good or bad you have to have gone there. Makes no sense to me. I have a lot of respect for those guys as well as this site and frankly with anyone that loves Clemson as much as I.

I go to all the Clemson news sites. I rank TCI as high as all the rest. One thing I can say about those guys is they don't allow a whole lot of juvenile nonsense to be posted. All sites aren't created the same, they all offer something different. I'll continue to go to TCI, I respect the work they do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Problem is, David .Nikki, nor any reporter from any other

Jun 8, 2015, 7:00 PM

Clemson site loses their minds and start attacking people on their boards when they are wrong. Heck ,even today Robert is still clinging to his report about DW's ACL in his Insider thread. Still claiming he was right and everyone else was wrong. Why don't he discuss the interview that he claimed happened yesterday ? It's been debunked. He and every reporter on that site are clowns ,copying and pasting what everyone else reports, the rest the just make up.

pssst Mount Adams was a silent commit and his handler was bought off at the last minute,as reported by TCI.True story.

The site has no credibility, just ask ask any Clemson reporter that doesn't work for them If I controlled WCCP, Qualk would have to quit that joke or be out at the station.

Re: Puts them is the same category as Fits News and 247

Jun 8, 2015, 7:39 PM

Sorts. and a lot of lazy reporters in this state.

Re: Puts them is the same category as Fits News and 247

Jun 8, 2015, 8:54 PM

But they have qualk talk LOL he just awful

lol....

Jun 8, 2015, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack..... ]

they have been so wrong on so many things, I can not name them all. How many times has it been confirmed that Dabo was getting fired? And Boyd and his gambling debt and sooooooooooo many other "confirmed" rumors

All sites have been wrong at some point....BUT, I will say this....when TigerNet has been wrong, they have retracted their statement and apologized. TigerNet is know for not reporting things before they can validate it. Sometimes they are the last to report, but they will have their proof they are correct.

The reason TigerNet and others (Clemson University as well) don't like that site is because they spread rumors about Clemson. They do not care if it hurts Clemson, they just want to get hits on their site.

You do not have to go there to see their lies. They are spread all over the internet, news and media sites.

LOL...the only thing they don't allow is someone who disagrees with them and then they act like complete bullies and 5 yr olds.

Re: lol....

Jun 8, 2015, 8:57 PM

Don't forget Cain and McCloud was jumping to Florida. I got ban when I told him he was f o s

Jun 8, 2015, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack..... ]

Tell them they made a mistake and you'll get the ban LOL

Jun 8, 2015, 8:52 PM

They have shut down their registration.... How sad is that.

null

Jun 8, 2015, 8:58 PM

I posted there maybe 3 times and got banned LOL it says forever I might not sleep over 8 hrs tonight worrying about it.

Jun 8, 2015, 8:59 PM

I have an active account but have no interest in posting over there I know I will be sent packing if I do.

I dont think they would appreciate my to the point posting style.

null

Jun 8, 2015, 9:02 PM

LOL Yep didn't like mine.

Jun 8, 2015, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Does TCI have any credibility? To me, they seem to lack..... ]

they have their spies that come to this site and probably just read what you posted...you are as good as gone....lol

But, don't take it too hard. I am sure it will upset you for a few days, but hang in there buddy, it will be okay

TCI and credibility don't belong in the same sentence

Jun 8, 2015, 4:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

It's just a fan post site. Not a news outlet.

Jun 8, 2015, 6:14 PM

My problem with them is that they have or had a clear agenda about the baseball situation and have proven that they are not above posting outright false information to push it. They may have had some source inside the program but usually just post other unreliable info that supports their position. Don't go there and expect to get factual info.

That is not what they say....

Jun 8, 2015, 8:45 PM

they claim to be a media outlet. Just recently they claimed they were the only Clemson media outlet that covered away baseball games. (media outlet (plural media outlets) (media) A publication or broadcast program that provides news and feature stories to the public through various distribution channels. Media outlets include newspapers, magazines, radio, television, and the Internet)

Robert Thorne MacRae

"We're not going anywhere and we're the only media outlet to cover a number of the Clemson games.

And his standard response when someone disagrees with him:

"Well I've tried to allow you to continue to post here, but that time has come to no longer allow you to post on TCI. We cover baseball recruiting here at TCI and have a number of players and their parents that visit our site and boards. We won't allow someone on here to make comments about future recruits on TCI. Clemson has one of their best classes lined up to come in in just a few months. They don't need to read this garbage."

Re: It's just a fan post site. Not a news outlet.

Jun 8, 2015, 9:01 PM [ in reply to It's just a fan post site. Not a news outlet. ]

There baseball source is Qualk so there you go

TCI is the

Jun 8, 2015, 7:10 PM

National Enquirer of Clemson websites.

Every now and then they'll get something right, but most of the time I think they just throw crap on the wall to see what sticks.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then they all

Jun 8, 2015, 7:23 PM

must be a duck. There's 2 non-official Clemson sites- 1) Tnet, 2)Quacks

They lost all cred with me last year when they reported

Jun 8, 2015, 9:09 PM

crap about Dabo and Bama.

have they ever reported something correctly?

Jun 9, 2015, 10:24 AM

These guys are hilarious

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic