Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Ostarine have a dna?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Does Ostarine have a dna?

Dec 26, 2018, 6:25 PM

The reason I ask is because if there is an oil slick in Charleston Harbor (or elsewhere) the Coast Guard gets a sample of the oil in the oil slick then they compare the dna of the oil to the dna of oil in ships who recently came to Charleston. They can positively match which ship it came from.

If there is a similar way to trace dna in Ostarine clemson possibly will be able to match where it came from ie epson salt in recovery tank which would go a long way to clear the players

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Dec 26, 2018, 6:32 PM

It’s a single chemical

True, but mitochondria are the powerhouses of the cell***

Dec 26, 2018, 6:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Ostarine have a dna?

Dec 26, 2018, 6:32 PM

Yes but its dna can't be examined without reversing the polarity first, and that causes problems because the streams get crossed. Don't cross the streams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 7:08 PM

I believe one can use a gas chromatograph to compare specimens.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

perhaps stereoisomer identification?

Dec 26, 2018, 7:18 PM

My son is the biomedical engineer, but could the source or variance of common source be a stereoisomer variation like the early epo cheaters used? (I’m not convinced they cheated, I’m not ruling it out, but I also know that there are so many steroids & additives in livestock.) I’m curious about specific concentrations, if they have been check in past, etc. ANY thoughts?

Dec 26, 2018, 8:06 PM

dna of oil?

he's on a roll***

Dec 26, 2018, 8:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Ostarine have a dna? ]

No, but a DNA "tracer" which is DNA can be added to a commodity and be able to identify that commodity from a specific source if it is "inoculated" with a specific DNA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 9:44 AM

Its gonna take someone smarter than me to figure this out.

I have thought about weighing in on this conversation

Dec 27, 2018, 9:49 AM

I have thought about weighing in on this conversation, but the more posts and replies that I read , the more I prefer to slink off to a corner and read a comic book. Thanks a lot guys I am now feeling pretty dumb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 11:38 PM

No, only RNA like a virus, hence the debate over whether it’s alive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 1:44 AM

If it is not a false positive, these players likely know exactly where the banned substance came from. I don't really buy the "it could have come from anything" explanation. I think that the appeal of risking taking a questionable chemical is too great when being a little bigger and stronger translates into millions of dollars in draft stock. Now I doubt that they knew at the time they took some supplement that it would result in a failed drug test, but it is very likely that they all took the same thing. I am sure that they likely talked after the failed test, and found the common denominator. It may have been one of these supplements sold at a health food shop that promises to add bulk to your body. The development of a successful concoction to add muscle mass results in millions of dollars in extra sales. The extra muscle mass results in millions of dollars to the athlete in draft stock. As long as the financial rewards are so great for both supplement producers, and the athletes, this result should be expected. Supplement producers will add things they shouldn't, and athletes will take them. I hate it for Dexter Lawrence, but it is what it is.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic