»
Topic: Does Noter Dame
Replies: 2   Last Post: Sep 25, 2018 12:29 PM by: ninetytwotiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 2  

Does Noter Dame

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 11:32 AM

still go straight to the National Championship game (bypassing the semifinal) if they win at least 10 games?

2018 white level member

Re: Does Noter Dame

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 12:26 PM

You know, I bet some domer was excited to play FSU and VT to "strengthen" ND's schedule. LOL. Joke is on them... welcome again to the 5/8ths experience of the ACC. With Wake, Pitt, Cuse, VT and FSU, the only way it could be worse is if they actually played in the Coastal Division.

My guess is that they are still about a 9-3 at the end of the season. They will need to have at least 11 wins for the payoff. With 10W vs other 10-11 win teams (Bama and/or UGA/LSU might get the nod). Then you have Clemson, OU and OSU/PedState which should be 12-11 wins. I think the Pac12 is out unless the SEC starts dropping a few games. Maybe Stanford if they limp through undefeated but I bet UW cleans them out). Maybe by a long shot UW if they become convincing late and pull a 2014 OSU and run everyone off of the field. Still, there are about 5-6 teams that are just better at 10-11 wins than ND. ND really must go 12-0 if they want to skip to the NC game.

So at best a 10W ND team would just be skipped for the playoff and they will face UCF for the national championship game.

Re: Does Noter Dame

Posted: Sep 25, 2018 12:29 PM

No.

2018 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 2  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
404 people have read this post