Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field?

Aug 14, 2018, 6:07 PM

?

Message was edited by: ReggaeMan123

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and you can use google as well as the rest of us***

Aug 14, 2018, 6:12 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field?

Aug 14, 2018, 6:13 PM

Neutral... forward... reverse... dont matta

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

See how things turn out at the Roach first...

Aug 14, 2018, 6:20 PM

...before you go worrying bout a neutral field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Aug 14, 2018, 6:29 PM

Short answer no.

They have more RB talent and better Oline talent. I think QBs now are even but we have a much better future with what we have in the future and probably leading for the next “generational” QB talent from Cali... quotes to imply 3-4 years is a generation at Clemson. And before our Dawg friends come barking I’m aware of Justin Fields and he’s a nice big physical QB who doesn’t have anywhere near the a talent of Trevor.

Our defensive line is and will continue to be better. Secondary I think is similar, both decent but lack depth with a slight edge to our future outlook. LBs I’ll admit I don’t know much about UGa but I like our current and future outlook.

I think we win but won’t be a blowout and they definitely present us a challenge on the field and off with recruiting until Kirby’a Wild West of recruiting is reeled back in.

Aug 15, 2018, 3:14 AM

Short answer no.

They have more RB talent and better Oline talent. I think QBs now are even but we have a much better future with what we have in the future and probably leading for the next “generational” QB talent from Cali... quotes to imply 3-4 years is a generation at Clemson. And before our Dawg friends come barking I’m aware of Justin Fields and he’s a nice big physical QB who doesn’t have anywhere near the a talent of Trevor.

Our defensive line is and will continue to be better. Secondary I think is similar, both decent but lack depth with a slight edge to our future outlook. LBs I’ll admit I don’t know much about UGa but I like our current and future outlook.

I think we win but won’t be a blowout and they definitely present us a challenge on the field and off with recruiting until Kirby’a Wild West of recruiting is reeled back in.

Hi! It's impossible to say Lawrence is better than Fields at this point when neither have taken a college snap in a live game. I agree that if clemson wins it won't be a blowout. Historically tiger victories over the Dawgs are by single digits....look it up. Many of Georgia's wins over clemson bring to mind the word "woodshed!"

Aug 15, 2018, 5:45 AM

Trevor Lawrence is better than Justin Fields . I am sorry you were misled by ESecPN on the whole JF is the next coming of DW4 ... but check the records , check the stats... he betta .
Also , final proof would only require that you understand that Dabo wanted Trevor . We only take the top QBs out of Georgia , that's how we do .
Now you and Kirbyville go figure out how to defend the forward pass in the eventuality that you run across Clemson down the road ... because Trevor Lawrence .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 15, 2018, 7:49 AM

So what you did in highschool is the determining factor in how good you'll be going forward in football? Can you name the former state record holder for passing yards and TDs before Watson or Lawrence came along and what they went on to do football wise after highschool? Why is the term "bust" even a thing then? Why aren't the top prospects every class translating to being the only players who make up the Hall of Fame in the NFL? Once again another huge leap of logic, not surprising as we are of course on tigernet.

Message was edited by: CootHater10

Aug 15, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field? ]

Trevor Lawrence is better than Justin Fields . I am sorry you were misled by ESecPN on the whole JF is the next coming of DW4 ... but check the records , check the stats... he betta .
Also , final proof would only require that you understand that Dabo wanted Trevor . We only take the top QBs out of Georgia , that's how we do .
Now you and Kirbyville go figure out how to defend the forward pass in the eventuality that you run across Clemson down the road ... because Trevor Lawrence .

TLaw vs Fields will play out on the field.... but I guarantee Fields would have been named starter already over Kelly Bryant. I can't wait to road grade that Dline of Venables and take the tigers to the woodshed once again.

Hitting the sauce first thing in the morning

Aug 15, 2018, 8:47 AM

Isn't a coffee substitute...it indicates a serious problem. You should seek help. Oh...and this isn't the place to get help, so run along now.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need therapy. Clemson’s NC has really done a number on you.

Aug 15, 2018, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field? ]

Alabama couldn’t roadgrade our Dline and Georgia certainly won’t be the team to do it. Justin Fields is a glorified RB. Maybe he will eventually develop into an elite passer like TL but I doubt it. Anyways win while you can. The clock’s ticking on your program.

Return to your own team’s message board but please throw us a bag of cash on your way out. ????????????????

Re: You need therapy. Clemson’s NC has really done a number on you.

Aug 15, 2018, 11:41 AM

Then why was he beating Lawrence in literally every passing drill at the competitions and outperformed him at every one? If Fields can't pass, guess Trevor has a lot of work to do. We've seen who's program is slipping without that generational player that brought you into relevance. Georgias days are just getting started.

Making the CFP the season after the "generational" player

Aug 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

leaves is slipping?

Here's a little reminder of what UGA couldn't do...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah yes a combine is the best way to measure a QB.

Aug 15, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: You need therapy. Clemson’s NC has really done a number on you. ]

John Clayton of ESPN stated that Russell's workouts at the 2007 NFL Combine that Russell's arm strength and size impressed several teams, and predicted that it would "be hard to pass up on Russell at #1."[15] At the combine, Russell stated about his size, "I've been playing quarterback ever since. I was always bigger and taller than the other kids, and I was always able to throw it a pretty good length of the field." Cleveland Browns General Manager Phil Savage said of Russell's abilities, "His talent is substantial. He's a rare combination of size and arm strength."

Oh yeah and program slipping? How? We didn’t win the NC in a rebuilding year? Get real. If the NCAA is still enforcing rules Georgia will eventually go down. Enjoy your time in the limelight. I expect it to be short lived.

Re: You need therapy. Clemson’s NC has really done a number on you.

Aug 15, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to You need therapy. Clemson’s NC has really done a number on you. ]

Alabama couldn’t roadgrade our Dline and Georgia certainly won’t be the team to do it. Justin Fields is a glorified RB. Maybe he will eventually develop into an elite passer like TL but I doubt it. Anyways win while you can. The clock’s ticking on your program.

Return to your own team’s message board but please throw us a bag of cash on your way out. ????????????????

Justin Fields is an elite QB who happens to also be an elite runner. Fields out dueled TLaw in the elite 11 last summer by winning the MVP trophy....impossible to do without being a skilled passer. I'd dare say JF would have been a better fit for the spread offense that clemson likes to run over Lawrence but Kirby and staff are more than pleased with who they recruited and signed. It will be interesting to see if Lawrence can be successful running the ball to the same extent as say Boyd, Watson and Kelly. Clemson's offense is predicated on the ability of the QB to run the ball and move the chains.

So JF would have been a better fit somewhere else but chose

Aug 15, 2018, 12:42 PM

UGA instead? Sounds like a real rocket surgeon

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are such a tool***

Aug 15, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field? ]

Get the #### off of our board, loser***

Aug 15, 2018, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you cite, specifically, what facts about prior games

Aug 15, 2018, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think we would beat Georgia soundly on a neutral field? ]

have any bearing on us hypothetically playing today?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Soundly?

Aug 14, 2018, 6:33 PM

Doubt that. They're a solid football team. I would sign up for a 1-point victory on a last-second field goal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

We certainly would have a legitimate chance to win........

Aug 14, 2018, 6:33 PM

but I don't know about "soundly" - it depends on exactly how you define that? Score only? Statistics?

The hard thing is that we haven't seen either team play this season - don't know right now how good they'll be since they lost a lot of key players from last year.

No, I say the C O C K S lose by at least 2 touchdowns

Aug 14, 2018, 6:48 PM

on a neutral field against UGA

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

You are severely overestimating raggae’s yardbirds.***

Aug 14, 2018, 6:52 PM

Re: You are severely overestimating raggae’s yardbirds.***

Aug 14, 2018, 6:58 PM

Hey I was just giving my honest assessment to the question. Like it or not I think our paths will keep crossing on the field and recruiting trail. Think we are ahead as we have a defined culture for long term success and it seems Kirby’s approach is acquire top talent by any means necessary but you can’t deny our paths will collide.

As for Scar, they played the best possible game they could play and most people were excited about that loss... which was by double digits I believe so lol at them. I guess they expect in his prime Tom Brady... I mean Jake Bentley to lead them to victory this year haha.

Is that you Super Dawg?***

Aug 14, 2018, 6:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, just a legitimate question that came in mind

Aug 14, 2018, 8:53 PM

Cause we might have face them this season. Good analysis earlier in post. Soundly would be by a touchdown or more.

I wanna play them in the playoffs, even tho I don’t knw how good they are gonna be this season, imo they either won’t miss a beat from 2017 or a big drop off since they lost a lot of their defense. Only time will tell, I guess.

You're absolutely right...

Aug 15, 2018, 9:30 AM

They will either be good, or they will be bad!

No***

Aug 14, 2018, 9:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 6:26 AM

When you're making these off the wall dumb posts, are you looking up on your walls at your coot football schedule and dreaming that one day the pain and misery of getting your butt kicked every November will go away, KNOWING it's not?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 7:13 AM

This one wouldn't depend as much on the Bryant/Lawrence debate as the Huegel/Spence decision.

Aug 15, 2018, 7:30 AM

"We"

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Not soundly***

Aug 15, 2018, 8:25 AM

Despite UGa troll's objections

Aug 15, 2018, 8:48 AM

I think this Tiger team could beat ANY college football team by double-digits....INCLUDING UGa

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2018, 9:12 AM

We would beat them in a car
We would beat them in a jar.
We would beat them on a ledge
We would beat them between a hedge!
We would beat them in an alley
And #### sure beat them in the VALLEY!

Any field, Any time, Anywhere!***

Aug 15, 2018, 9:28 AM

It doesn't matter, we won't play them this year

Aug 15, 2018, 9:50 AM

They're in the crappy sec east and we're in a real football conference. We'll be in the playoffs and they'll lose at least 3 games. They had a cute little run last year, but this year Kentucky is better than Georgia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It doesn't matter, we won't play them this year

Aug 15, 2018, 10:39 AM

I’m glad my posts get your Juices flowing! There is no indication that I’m a coot, just thinking of some good topics! During downtime. Thanks.

Aug 15, 2018, 12:08 PM

The next good topic you think of will be your first.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 15, 2018, 7:06 PM [ in reply to It doesn't matter, we won't play them this year ]

This is quite the ?????????? take.

Aug 15, 2018, 11:33 AM

No.

Georgia has a great defense and KB, assuming he’s the starter, isn’t a good enough passer to score a lot on a great defense.

Aug 15, 2018, 12:09 PM

Since when did they become great on D, I think maybe last season they were good
But other than that not so much

They had a better pass defense last year than Bama***

Aug 15, 2018, 5:35 PM

Re: They had a better pass defense last year than Bama***

Aug 15, 2018, 6:04 PM

Considering their pass defense got them beat on 2nd and 26, and the entire second half, I disagree.

Their pass defense didn't get them beat, letting of the gas

Aug 15, 2018, 6:40 PM

pedal after Hardman's 80 yard TD catch did

Aug 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

Nope...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic