Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think Spieth will ever win another major?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Do you think Spieth will ever win another major?

Aug 8, 2020, 2:41 PM

He hasn't won any event since 2017 and I am not just talking majors. It's painful watching him play. I feel for his caddie too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think Spieth will ever win another major?

Aug 8, 2020, 2:50 PM

I think he has lost his fire. He has become a multimillionaire and no longer has goals to reach. Alley Cat Woods wanted to be the first black to do so and so and he kept the fire. He thought he was going to pass Jack but, it appears, that won't happen unless the PGA pulls some strings for him which may happen with all the BLM stuff going on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 2:55 PM

2000® said:

I think he has lost his fire. He has become a multimillionaire and no longer has goals to reach. Alley Cat Woods wanted to be the first black to do so and so and he kept the fire. He thought he was going to pass Jack but, it appears, that won't happen unless the PGA pulls some strings for him which may happen with all the BLM stuff going on.

He hasn’t lost his Fire -BUT- he has completely lost his Confidence!

Aug 8, 2020, 3:07 PM

Exactly. He wants it more than ever. He is just mentally toast. He is so hard on himself and caddie as well. It's tough to watch.

Aug 8, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Spieth will ever win another major? ]

You might be right about his confidence.Hard to win any tournament on the PGA Tour much less a major when you rank 202nd out 214 players in Driving Accuracy,108th out 214 Tee to Green and 206 out of 214 in Greens in Regulation

So I guess you aren’t a Tiger Woods fan...

Aug 8, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Spieth will ever win another major? ]

The mental gymnastics used to turn a discussion about Jordan Spieth into a statement about BLM was truly impressive...

Yeah, I was going to post something stupid in here about

Aug 9, 2020, 8:52 AM

the media not letting him win, but the stupid travels fast. Economy and virus might be flattening, but our country is still accelerating to oblivion.

Aug 8, 2020, 3:36 PM

Spieth has different goals than Tiger Woods. Tiger was to win no matter what Jordan Spieth’s faith comes first, the his wife and Kids. IMO Golf is a way for him to make a living yet spend time with his family. I think he got married in 2017 or 2018. You could see a change in his competitive attitude once he got married. Maybe he does not want to sacrifice his faith and family to be the best. Just my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 3:42 PM

You could say that Rory has lost that edge since he got married. Just doesn't seem to have the same drive to win.
But that is why you don't see any golfer winning 3-4 majors every year. It's just not easy to do.

Aug 8, 2020, 4:45 PM

Spieth when he was winning majors reminded me of Greg Maddox when he was winning 20 games a year. There was nothing overpowering or flashy about his performance, but he was creative and very precise. When Maddox lost a few mph off his fastball and more importantly was less precise, he became very ordinary. He didn't have the fastball or slider that Smoltz had to get people out even when he wasn't on. Jordan has lost the magic with his flat stick and off the tee is really bad. I hope he can get it figured out. The margin of error in golf is so very small in determining who is successful and who struggles.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2020, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Spieth will ever win another major? ]

Spieth's faith has nothing to do with his winning or not winning. He wants it. He just can't pull it together. He is screaming, cursing, losing his mind out there. He has one visually worst attitudes on tour on the course when things go wrong. He is frustrated. He is great in interviews though. That guy wants it and just can't figure it out.. Now his good childhood buddy Thomas is just playing amazing and paired up today he shot maybe 10 strokes worse than Thomas.. Spieth is just pulling one of those sports psychology where he can't get his mind in the zone or what not. It's common as we have all seen through the years. He is just 27, so he has some time.

Aug 8, 2020, 7:21 PM

He seems to be a head case. One thing's for sure... indecision may or may not be his problem.
He can't get out of his own way.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 9, 2020, 8:46 AM

I think for sure he does. He is still very young. He is just in a funk. He has shown flashes of his old self just cannot put it together for 4 rounds. The competition isn't getting any easier tho with all these newcomers starting to play some amazing golf.

Aug 9, 2020, 9:03 AM

I don’t think he falls off the planet like David Duvall, but he could be this generations Johnny Miller. He’s not physically gifted to crush it long so precise iron play and great putting is what made the magic. I believe the putter was the first to destroy his confidence then came the erratic driver. It’s been what almost 4 seasons with only an occasional appearance in the top 10 at a tournament? Unless he decides to shake things up (new caddie, swing coach, etc), I don’t see him finding the magic again.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic