Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you old guys remember when we came in every year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Do you old guys remember when we came in every year

Aug 20, 2019, 11:01 PM

and felt disrespected of our rank? The early 2000’s did a number on me. My hope is that these “new” tiger fans (I have 2 of my own) realize the great times it is to be a Clemson Tiger. I told my son watch the fsu 13 for reference of how bad things can get.

Old or new Tigers, let’s just enjoy the ride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you old guys remember when we came in every year

Aug 20, 2019, 11:13 PM

I have some understanding of the climb frombParker to Pell to Ford. I remember the Gator Bowl when wrestled Ohio States pride from them and Woody lost his job. I remember 81 and the good years that followed.

I remember too when Danny got fired and the FSU game when they embarrassed us in our own house and seeing Stacy Segars looking totally defeated. I recall the excitement that came with Hatfield moving on and the promise associated with Tommy West, him having been one of Danny's boys, and the subsequent disappointment and embarrassment we realized under him.

I've not forgotten the frustration of Bowdens inconsistencies or the idiotic decision to hire his receivers coach when Bowden was let go....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 5:34 AM

I remember all that too - Ithaca .... but I’m really glad some idiotic decisions work out !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 21, 2019, 5:37 AM

Yeah - I remember that - Orange Blooded - all too well ...I’m an old guy .. but you don’t have to be very old to remember those times... they were just pre- Dabo !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Aug 21, 2019, 7:49 AM

The 90's was a tough little decade in our history . For me it was the decade of my 20's and I was determined to wish Clemson into the Natty every year no matter what we looked like in our spring game and fall camp .
It wasn't by lack of want that I didn't have my dreams realized then , it was because we were awful at times and only decent to fair at others .

Ohhhh the 90's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In the 80's the old guys told us how bad we sucked in the 70

Aug 21, 2019, 7:52 AM

's

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Er, I am old enough to remember when we didn't have to worry

Aug 21, 2019, 8:17 AM

about that particular problem, because losing teams are never ranked! Even in our only winning season while I was there, 1974, we were unranked at seasons end with a 7-4 record. So, yes, I am enjoying the hail out of the current ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic