Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't know Saban was a comedian
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Didn't know Saban was a comedian

May 16, 2018, 6:58 AM

I just saw this article on ESPN this morning and couldn't help but laugh considering all the questionable titles Bama claims through the years.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23514786/alabama-crimson-tide-coach-nick-saban-dismisses-ucf-knights-claim-national-title

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just look back

May 16, 2018, 7:07 AM

And thank the powers that be. Before the CFC playoff, UCF would have been the National Champs! Remember BYU?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

No..some obscure media group would maybe

May 16, 2018, 8:33 AM

Claim they were, but the ap and coaches poll would not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander

May 16, 2018, 7:17 AM

So true.

Alabama has lots in common with UCF here. Not sure why Saban felt the need to address it publicly. Here's thing thing, nobody really respects "claimed" national titles anyways. Nobody thinks UCF was better than 'Bama, or won a national championship (outside of a few delusional UCF fans).

But, don't "claimed" a.k.a. fake national titles run rampant through the SEC anyways? Nick should be used to it by now. He probably should have just said was "congratulations".

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts though

May 16, 2018, 9:05 AM

Auburn beat Alabama, UCF beat Auburn.

Re: Facts though

May 16, 2018, 9:38 AM

UCF also won their division and their conference, two thing Alabama didn't do.

Jun 15, 2018, 4:12 PM

I'm fine that winning Conference USA has nothing to do with winning a National Championship. It never will, and it never should.

Jun 15, 2018, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Facts though ]

True.

But the only fact that matters is that Alabama played for the National Championship and won it. UCF didn't.

You know the old saying "you've got to play to win"? In 2018 it's impossible to win a national championship if you aren't playing in the game. :)

Nice time off to rest and prepare... Lose and still move on.

Jun 15, 2018, 4:18 PM

Nobody else would have gotten that favor. I personally think it's BS. That's okay, though. I firmly believe that's why our DL guys returned. They want'em some and I think they're gonna' get'em some IF Bama makes it back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice time off to rest and prepare... Lose and still move on.

Jun 15, 2018, 4:20 PM

Ohio State did the year before.

I wonder what's wrong with Saban?

May 16, 2018, 8:02 AM

He's much too intelligent to made a mental mistake such as publicly making a statement insulting or degrading another's program.

I used to hate him with respect. If he keeps this up he'll end up on the same list with Spurrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure he was asked a question and then

May 16, 2018, 8:32 AM

he answered it. He didn’t call a press conference just to denigrate UCF.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing funny about Saban, is there ain't nuthin'

May 16, 2018, 8:23 AM

funny.

Oh, and the Leprechaun bit.

Re: Didn't know Saban was a comedian

May 16, 2018, 9:17 AM

Hasn’t Bammer just “claimed” a few of dem nattys they have? I believe there were 6 or 7 of em

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Adds to the mystique... We're gonna make it a mistake.***

Jun 15, 2018, 4:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't know Saban was a comedian

Jun 15, 2018, 4:19 PM

People criticize Bama because of a title they were awarded almost 80 years ago...titles were awarded a little bit differently back then.

UCF went undefeated in the AAC LOL, and they didn't even play their full schedule.

"A" is singular... There are a basket of them...***

Jun 15, 2018, 4:21 PM

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic