Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't Gurley narrow it down to UGa & CU..and why did a NC player not stay in state?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 984

Didn't Gurley narrow it down to UGa & CU..and why did a NC player not stay in state?

Aug 31, 2014, 11:55 AM

What say you? GoTiGERS..keep plugging!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk lbb, why did sammy watkins, cj spiller not stay in...

Aug 31, 2014, 12:02 PM

oh, nvm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was us and Ga we just didn't land him***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ghost of Mike Bellamy.

Aug 31, 2014, 12:08 PM

Gurley made his decision before Bellamy was kicked off the team.

Had we rid ourselves of him sooner...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Gurley narrow it down to UGa & CU..and why did a NC player not stay in state?

Aug 31, 2014, 12:15 PM

have you watched nc state, wake, and nc play? that should answer your question about him staying in state.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wanted to win Bill. Looks like he made the right choice.

Aug 31, 2014, 12:47 PM

Gurley is special ... and I seriously wonder if Dabo and Morris recognize special talents who should play as freshmen and sophs and should put more experienced seniors on the bench. Or do they only start underclassmen when there are no upperclassmen on the depth chart?

When I look at TB, DB, LB positions, this is a valid question. It's OK and a rite of passage to give seniors "a pity start" against West Carolina in an opening game. But to start a less talented senior when you are being paid millions, and millions of alums and fans are expecting you to play to give it your best, it's not OK.

Recall Terrell Davis at UGA. He sat on bench. Coach was fired. Davis became best RB in NFL before injury. Won Elway two Super Bowls. Recall Arian Foster at Tennessee. Sat on bench. Coach was fired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if i'm gurley i'm choosing a nfl type offense over a

Aug 31, 2014, 12:50 PM

hunh/spread as well.

i don't think it's uga's championships that have attracted the depth of talent at rb they have, i think it's their style of offense which features the backs.

Bc the state of NC doesn't care about football***

Aug 31, 2014, 12:52 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn't Gurley narrow it down to UGa & CU..and why did a NC player not stay in state?

Aug 31, 2014, 1:13 PM

Bill, I heard Coach Swinney say that he thought we were going to get Gurley AND Marshall. When Marshall committed to UGA, Swinney thought we would for sure get Gurley. I think Gurley preferred to go to UGA for whatever reason and felt he was good enough to play ahead of Marshall, so the fact that Marshall had already committed there didn't matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 984
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic