Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football

Jul 8, 2020, 9:54 AM

players decide to boycott the season and made the University direct affected students to their counseling center?

It was basically a very edgy joke, in poor taste no doubt but to paraphrase what it said..

"Congratulations to George Floyd on one month of being drug free."

That was a very tasteless joke. But it reminded me of something that Richard Pryor or George Carlin might say. It certainly didn't warrant any boycott or offering of counseling services.

Is being offended by that tweet worthy of jeopardizing a football season?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Who tweeted it out?***

Jul 8, 2020, 9:56 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What a stupid response from the football team!

Jul 8, 2020, 9:59 AM

They refused to play football this year because of a tweet made by a student at the university?!?

Of course that student’s tweet was in very poor taste, but that student doesn’t speak for the university, the athletic department, or the football program.

It’s sad that we seem to be at a point in human history where disagreement with one person’s personal views or statements results in complete boycotts by entire groups of people. What is that supposed to accomplish?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If I recall correctly...

Jul 8, 2020, 11:24 AM

the student in question had also previously posted some things that were consistent with white supremacist views or ideology.

The players said this student being on campus made them uncomfortable and they initially wanted him dismissed from the school.

Ultimately, I think it was probably the combination of the earlier white supremacist posts and the tasteless George Floyd post that cause the reaction. The George Floyd post just called attention to the previous posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football

Jul 8, 2020, 10:01 AM

The problem was it came from a right winger who started America first on campus. Who just causes hate, it wasn’t just some random student.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:07 AM

So the football team validates the idiot who made the post. Who won this one? Ignore a bad joke. Don't give the kid what he wanted all along.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doubt the kid wanted to be kicked out of school...but

Jul 8, 2020, 10:35 AM

hopefully he will be. So I'd say FB Team 1...wannabe KKK dragon 0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You really think the kid should be kicked out of school for

Jul 8, 2020, 11:11 AM

that?? Or do you want him kicked from school for being a conservative activist?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: You really think the kid should be kicked out of school for

Jul 8, 2020, 12:30 PM

Agreed... If your going to kick every student out for a joke made in bad taste, there would be very few students left. Let him learn from this and move on. At most probation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Kicking him out may be harsh at this point...

Jul 8, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to You really think the kid should be kicked out of school for ]

but the school should look deeper and see if it was just a joke, is he a member of a hate group, is it a pattern? People are losing their jobs left and right because of their racist post/activity on social media. He may learn a hard lesson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You really think the kid should be kicked out of school for

Jul 8, 2020, 5:16 PM [ in reply to You really think the kid should be kicked out of school for ]

Kids have been kicked out for less than that recently.

Re: Doubt the kid wanted to be kicked out of school...but

Jul 8, 2020, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Doubt the kid wanted to be kicked out of school...but ]

Easy lawsuit for the kid if they do

No danger of a left-winger starting an "America First" group***

Jul 8, 2020, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No danger of a left-winger starting an "America First" group***

Jul 8, 2020, 10:14 AM

Plus this has been gone over before. KState stated the group was not even registered on campus due to lack of membership. Just an idiot trying to get his 15 minutes with a poor attempt at humor, or an excellent attempt at trolling.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't that be greater cause to ignore them?

Jul 8, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football ]

If they've already been labeled as an agitator (since it sounds like it's public knowledge)?

Also, is it the school's problem to monitor every student's actions on Twitter? Should Clemson monitor TNet?

Clemson

If Clemson monitored TNet there would be

Jul 8, 2020, 12:38 PM

a lot of alums who would have to relinquish their fandom.

So, the left-wingers don't cause hate?

Jul 8, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Did any of you read the tweet that made the K State football ]

Have you perused the news lately? The left-wingers' vitriol is beyond compare.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

don't you understand Modern America?

Jul 8, 2020, 12:57 PM

not everybody has to believe in Jesus Christ.

but everybody DOES have to believe in Caitlyn Jenner.

And, that the BLM Mandate has America's best interest

Jul 8, 2020, 1:19 PM

considered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So, the left-wingers don't cause hate?

Jul 8, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to So, the left-wingers don't cause hate? ]

Have you perused the news lately? The left-wingers' vitriol is beyond compare.

The left wingers are reacting to the right winger's hate.

Try again

Jul 8, 2020, 5:45 PM

Someone says something like All Lives Matter. Then they’re shouted down as white supremacists, threatened, and often fired/kicked out. What groups show up in force on college campuses whenever anyone considered conservative shows up to speak?
Screaming, demanding they be banned because of their differing opinion, violence even. 1st Amendment doesn’t work if one group gets to decide what “hate” speech consists of.

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

Re: So, the left-wingers don't cause hate?

Jul 8, 2020, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: So, the left-wingers don't cause hate? ]

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall in 1906

"Now about injunctions. We have an injunction and we’re going into court tomorrow morning to fight this illegal, unconstitutional injunction. All we say to America is to be true to what you said on paper. If I lived in China or even Russia, or any totalitarian country, maybe I could understand some of these illegal injunctions. Maybe I could understand the denial of certain basic First Amendment privileges, because they haven’t committed themselves to that over there. But somewhere I read of the freedom of assembly. Somewhere I read of the freedom of speech. Somewhere I read of the freedom of press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the right to protest for right. And so just as I say we aren’t going to let any dogs or water hoses turn us around, we aren’t going to let any injunction turn us around." Martin Luther King, JR April 4th 1968

Nothing Wrong With Freedom Of Speech ---

Jul 8, 2020, 10:42 AM

The timing...the tastefullness...of it all is what is being filtered in these new times.

Some just wouldn't want nobody talking negative smack about someone they were close to at or during their funeral for example.

They ought to just take away their scholarships and let 'em

Jul 8, 2020, 5:11 PM

sit

and let the fans tweet at the end of the season: "K-State, one more season trophy free."

didnt deserve to die but wasnt a saint

Jul 8, 2020, 5:22 PM

as many make him out to be..pointing a gun at a pregnant womans belly robbing her made him a sleaze bag

Jul 8, 2020, 7:47 PM

This is in K-States hands... they can pull scholarships for non performance if they want to. The kid is entitled to say whatever he wants, it's a tasteless and useless tweet, but so is stomping on a flag but its also considered free speech. Turning Point is a good organization, not sure what this knucklehead is up to.

Message was edited by: JPF16®

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic