Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
Did KB and TL split reps with 1st team O today?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Did KB and TL split reps with 1st team O today?

Aug 16, 2018, 2:59 PM

If it was KB vs 2nd string D and TL vs 1st string D, KB should have had the better day... but not a fair measuring stick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was about an 85/15 split.***

Aug 16, 2018, 3:10 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did KB and TL split reps with 1st team O today?

Aug 16, 2018, 3:22 PM

Exactly! Without both QBs taking about equal 1st team reps in practice it is not a fair measurement of performance. If it stays that way then KB will continue to look better perpetuating his starting position. Hopefully TL will get 1st team reps in the first few games...

Dabo is an idiot!

Aug 16, 2018, 4:03 PM

Dabo Swinney is an idiot. Here he stands to personally make an extra $850,000 in incentive money if the Tigers win the ACC and the Natty AND HE'S THROWING ALL THAT MONEY AWAY BY FOOLISHLY STICKING WITH KELLY BRYANT OVER TREVOR LAWRENCE.

What a dope Dabo is. And to think he's been getting so much good advice from Tigernet on giving Lawrence a better chance at fairly winning the starting QB job. And guys on TI are telling him who the best QB is too. What a moron Dabo is risking all that money by not having a fair competition and letting Trevor Lawrence win the job fair and square. Heck at least half the fans know who should be the starter and it's so obvious they don't even have to watch the guys play to know Trevor is the man TODAY.

Dabo has really been lucky. Nothing else could explain his success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK I labeled someone else’s post as POTD

Aug 16, 2018, 4:09 PM

I think I need to take that back. If you don’t mind I’m going to copy and paste this so I can file it away for the next idiotic thread I see about the QB situation. Too bad I can only give this one TU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is an idiot!

Aug 16, 2018, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Dabo is an idiot! ]

You guys are getting rediculous with having issues of people who really want this to be an honest battle. Does it really mess your whole miserable life up to let people be excited about the competition...to want to know the most about it and the details, not just the coach speak? Does your panties get crumpled up in between your legs at the thought that some people are curious that a generational talent freshman could actually end up the better guy, regardless last year's results??

Take time to read everything below.

Aug 16, 2018, 5:08 PM

I’m not bothered by that but to suggest that Dabo has some kind of blind loyalty issue and will not do what he thinks is best for the team is insane. Dabo knows what he’s doing. Just because someone more talented doesn’t mean they are ready to LEAD the team. Leadership is developed and neither one of us honestly knows where Trevor is in terms of leadership. We don’t know how his teammates are responding to him. We can see the talent but that’s it. I am excited about TL and I’ve already told you that I think he eventually takes over but if Dabo decides it’s not his time then I trust him. If you think anyone can come in and do a better job than Dabo I would sure like to know who you think it is. If you think Dabo is going to purposely undermine the team out of loyalty to a player I don’t know what to tell you. Having an opinion that one player is better than the other is one thing. Taking shots at the coach by saying this is not an honest QB battle is another thing entirely. In fact it’s down right cynical after all that Dabo has accomplished the last couple of years.

Re: Take time to read everything below.

Aug 16, 2018, 5:58 PM

1. That wasn't me saying it, so direct that "you" elsewhere. That "you" wasn't me.
2. Note...just because someone is labeled the starter doesn't mean he's the guy that plays the majority of reps either. Cole was the starter for the FSU game in 2014...Deshaun is who played 3 qtrs and an OT in it, though. It's interesting you guys assume KB being labeled the starter means TL won't play a bunch...or possibly the majority of certain games. It might shock you that KB could be who they list as the starter the entire season, yet he only plays the first series and special plays. Don't think any of us know exactly what his plans are.
3. How do any of you know what Dabo is doing more than anyone talking about TL?? Do you room with him...do you have daily meetings with him? How do you know that this isn't just a thing where he's chosen Kelly only because the team right now is behind the experienced guy, and he is just doing the best route to get the team behind both of them so he can make the change easier. How do you know he hasn't already had discussions with Elliott and Scott that they really eventually want TL as the guy, but know they have to manage easing him into the role so the team buys in, especially the seasoned players that are close with Kelly?? Please tell me...how do you guys KNOW he's not doing that? Or are you just assuming it because he hasn't talked about what they've said in private meetings?

Aug 16, 2018, 6:09 PM

This is why I told you to read everything I said. You basically just posted what I am trying to tell you. Naming the starter may have more to do with who the team is behind than it does with talent. Did I not say that you and I don’t know how the team is responding to TL? Did I also not say that we can see that TL is the better talent and that I believe he will eventually take over? The only thing you have said that I take issue with is that you say this is not an honest QB battle. I beg to differ. That’s an unwarranted cheap shot at the staff. Maybe that’s not what you intend it to be but that’s the way it will be taken every time.

Aug 16, 2018, 6:14 PM

Yep, but as you'll note...the KB pumpers aren't saying that. They've already annointed KB as the season long guy who will get 85% of the reps....when Dabo's never even hinted that's what's happening. You and I are inclined on the same side for the most part, minus I only read that guy's post as meaning that he hopes the 1st team reps aren't just going to the guy labeled as the starter...not necessarily that he's slamming Dabo.

Aug 16, 2018, 6:36 PM

That was indeed my point. I just want the 1st team reps to not just go to the guy labeled as the starter. Hoping for a fair competition. I wonder if these 1st team practice reps would have more a larger impact on the growth of TL than KB at this stage since KB has the greater experience, although I realize it does help both...

Aug 16, 2018, 6:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Take time to read everything below. ]

And I read what you said, the reason I read it different is you discussing things like TL isn't "ready to lead the team"....again, how would you know that? He might be perfectly ready to, have the capability and knowledge to do so, but now it's the earning the team's respect (which only comes with time....respect isn't a learned skill like leading is...is an earned reward). That's why I read your post more like you are a bit on that KB pumper side, the sound of assumption that Trevor isn't ready for it, when it may just be the team isn't yet.

Aug 16, 2018, 6:34 PM

Yeah that’s what I said about both the leadership role and how the team is responding. We simply don’t know. TL can earn the respect from his teammates on the field and I believe he will. It’s going to be an awesome season and let’s hope it ends in our third national championship.

Re: Dabo is an idiot!

Aug 16, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Dabo is an idiot! ]

Harley® said:

Dabo Swinney is an idiot. Here he stands to personally make an extra $850,000 in incentive money if the Tigers win the ACC and the Natty AND HE'S THROWING ALL THAT MONEY AWAY BY FOOLISHLY STICKING WITH KELLY BRYANT OVER TREVOR LAWRENCE.

What a dope Dabo is. And to think he's been getting so much good advice from Tigernet on giving Lawrence a better chance at fairly winning the starting QB job. And guys on TI are telling him who the best QB is too. What a moron Dabo is risking all that money by not having a fair competition and letting Trevor Lawrence win the job fair and square. Heck at least half the fans know who should be the starter and it's so obvious they don't even have to watch the guys play to know Trevor is the man TODAY.

Dabo has really been lucky. Nothing else could explain his success.

Obviously you should present your coaching resume to the board.
I think Dabo has a pretty good idea of getting players 'on board'.

Stick to B-team HS football with your coaching resume!

BLS93........

Aug 16, 2018, 6:35 PM

.....check your meter.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No, it wasn't.

Get a milkshake at Mac's and chill out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BLS93........

Aug 16, 2018, 7:08 PM

Had one Monday....maybe you should try different variety in your pipe. Current one is really got your head F'd up!
BTW, everyone knows you'll be first in line at Dick's to get your picture made with NC trophy, cause you love Dick's.

Re: BLS93

Aug 16, 2018, 7:45 PM

Meter is still not working. Or maybe you can't read it. I dunno.

Hilarious. Just hilarious. I'm going to watch you. It promises to be fun.

Dang, Harley. Idiot, dope, and moron.***

Aug 16, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Dabo is an idiot! ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, Harley. Idiot, dope, and moron.***

Aug 16, 2018, 9:44 PM

josephg, he joined a month ago. Might just be a misunderstanding,though there remain other possibilities.

Hope you're doing well. We've been at this a LONG time, though I've been scarce for quite awhile. Good to hear from you.

Aug 16, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Did KB and TL split reps with 1st team O today? ]

To the coaching staff....
Bryant= avg to good......is the same as Lawrence being= GREAT to awesome

LOL
LOL

Aug 16, 2018, 3:39 PM

No

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Aug 16, 2018, 3:44 PM

I agree partially, but they still said in interviews that Trevor performed well today. I don't think it matters too much I'm sure the coaches are aware of the differences and were using it to test the depth on both sides and how well they hold up.

TL will win his starting position with his play during games

Aug 16, 2018, 3:57 PM

not in preseason practice.

Aug 16, 2018, 4:04 PM

What if KB was vs 1st String and TL vs 2nd string, and KB still performed better?

I'll just leave it to the coaching staff to over-analyze every little piece of information (since they actually have access to all the information).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2018, 4:13 PM

Impossible....KB scored passing TD's...1st string D didn't allow a score.

Per DH's wrap up, they both played vs the 2nd and 3rd strings.

Aug 16, 2018, 5:23 PM

I just wish we knew a little bit more about the scrimmage today. Like did Trevor Lawrence throw a touchdown?
Who played against who?

Aug 16, 2018, 6:07 PM

the second...

Kelly and Trevor both played againsgt the 2nd and 3rd string D's rotating. Chase Brice played against the 1st string D (and I'm guessing Batson too), didn't have a good day. That's become clear from David Hood's wrap up.

The first, I agree...sucks getting one side of the discussion...KB made some TD...Trevor did good, but no comparable mention of accomplishments...did he have any good runs? Did he have any major good throws? Dabo mentions a DB not knowing a play called and got burned on a 70 yard TD....was that Kelly, or Trevor that threw it. Dunno...he never said.

Aug 16, 2018, 10:03 PM

Not necessarily a fair measuring stick, but iron sharpens iron. If you want to bring your less experienced QB up to speed the quickest, you might want to give him the most reps against the #1 defense.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic