Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,331

Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would

Nov 20, 2014, 12:27 PM

have you believe...every coach in America is not clamoring to become an SEC coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would

Nov 20, 2014, 1:03 PM

but they make a lot of money as a coach in the sec. saban is the #1 highest paid coach in the country at $7.16 million a year, kevin sumlin makes over $5 million, spurrier makes $4.02 million, and les miles makes $ 4.37. not a bad gig to a hc in the sec. not trying to dispute your claim with facts but follow the money to get the truth. by the way, dabo is 21st in the country at $3.18 which is 3rd highest in the acc. hope this helps!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But there is an extra worth for job security and success.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:06 PM

Ask Muschamp.

HTH that helps

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You saying Dabo's not a better coach than Muschamp?***

Nov 20, 2014, 1:09 PM

Where did I say that?

Nov 20, 2014, 1:10 PM

Didn't even mention CDS's name.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You saying Dabo's not a better coach than Muschamp?***

Nov 20, 2014, 1:23 PM [ in reply to You saying Dabo's not a better coach than Muschamp?*** ]

I would say without hesitation that dabo as far as x and o's is not even in the same league as muschamp. but I would say dabo has done better at hiring assistants. I think ANYONE would have done better than hiring Charlie Weiss as an oc. to help illustrate my point just watch dabo on the sidelines. have you EVER seen him involved in ANY play calling at all? offense or defense? and please remember dabo was never even a coordinator on the college level when he got this job. muschamp has been a dc at the college level and in the nfl and won a nc as dc on two different staffs. no contest! not even close. muschamp may be the best defensive coach or one of the top 2 in college football, but not a good hc.

Head Coaching isn't about X's and O's

Nov 20, 2014, 1:29 PM

He is a passionate leader for this Clemson team that gives his "All In" 100% of the time. He makes a lot of mistakes, but that can be chalked up to being a relatively inexperienced coach. Is Muschamp a better play caller than Dabo? On the defensive side, I believe you to be correct in your statement, but...Dabo has proven, undeniably, to be a better HEAD COACH than Muschamp.

Even you can't deny that LeadCoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

That is your opinion...just because he's never been an OC

Nov 20, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: You saying Dabo's not a better coach than Muschamp?*** ]

doesn't mean he couldn't be a good one. He'd never been a head coach either...and he's turned out to be one of the best. Was DF ever a coordinator? I'd take BV over Mushcamp every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But there is an extra worth for job security and success.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to But there is an extra worth for job security and success. ]

with 6 million dollar buy out I seriously think he will be ok even in this economy. and by the way he will be back at work as a coach or at espn or fox before January. like the facts I posted, not a bad gig in the sec as a hc. a good many coaches would like to have those salaries even for one year.

Re: But there is an extra worth for job security and success.

Nov 20, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to But there is an extra worth for job security and success. ]

Muschamp is still making 1.5 million per year through 2018.

Re: Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would

Nov 20, 2014, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would ]

Dabo also gave up money multiple times for his coordinators. Not saying we are going to compete with Bama but even the teams inside the SEC can't do that.

null

your point is??? You can put lipstick on a pig...but its

Nov 20, 2014, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would ]

still a pig. You can throw out mega $$$$$ for the head coaching gig at USuCk....but at the end of the day it's still USuCk.

Dabo also has a pair of the highest paid coordinators in

Nov 20, 2014, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Despite what the SEC and their PR firm ESecPN would ]

the sport because he is willing to take a pay cut to bring in good coaches.

But hey keep feeding your agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I think the gators have a skeleton in their closet

Nov 20, 2014, 7:34 PM

that is Sandusky-tier bad. I mean a top coach faked an illness just to resign from that place. They have had more talent transfer out of that school than most Div-1 schools can ever get to commit in the first place. Something stinks in the swamp is all I am saying. Gambling mafia/cartel influence? Bags of money not kept discrete enough? Maybe it is just a really crappy AD and board of directors, but my imagination runs wild.

Florida is a plum program...

Nov 20, 2014, 1:13 PM

if they get the right person they will be dangerous. If I were a coach anywhere I'd listen to UF.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is so great about the UF job? The right person can

Nov 20, 2014, 3:09 PM

win anywhere. Do you think Richt would listen to UF?

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,331
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic