Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deon Cain news (8/17/19)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,973

Deon Cain news (8/17/19)

Aug 17, 2019, 8:28 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/coltswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/17/indianapolis-colts-cleveland-browns-studs-duds-week-2/amp/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deon Cain news (8/17/19)

Aug 17, 2019, 8:33 PM

It was always a given he would be a stud in the NFL for me. He was just was stuck with KB and he is more of a deep threat. He is a stud.

Yep, had to stop or run backwards to try to catch

Aug 17, 2019, 11:13 PM

most of his passes.

What a waste.

He was a one trick pony in college and had some drop issues

Aug 18, 2019, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Deon Cain news (8/17/19) ]

I thought he could maybe be Will Fuller in the NFL and take the top of defenses. Playing with KB definitely did hurt him because Bryant didn't throw deep a lot and that was really the only thing Cain was good at.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:45 AM

Yes. Dabo said it best with “I am not worried about Deon Cain the football player.” At Clemson he was fast strong and coordinated- excellent ball skills. Often found him wide open behind the defense.

Bad luck in the NFL when he needed his ACL repair last year and missed the entire rookie season. His sophomore year at Clemson he Had to play behind Mike Williams when the DW4 was quarterback. The one year he had the chance to start, he had Kelly Bryant throwing wild balls over him or behind him. Or he had Kelly tucking the ball for a short gain rather than going through the progression to find him wide open.

One thing at Clemson really is just on Deon however. Getting himself suspended over Christmas his freshman year. He got suspended and he missed the first Alabama Clemson championship game in which he might've been the difference between winning and losing. Other receivers were out and at that point in the year he was no longer a freshman. He was a real deep ball threat with a great QB. We could have really used him.

Great talent. Great work ethic to come back this well from an ACL tear. Hope he plays well and makes a lot of money.

Aug 18, 2019, 10:57 AM

I think he was in the Dabo Doghouse longer than anyone I remember and he stuck it out and I was proud of him. I would give anything to know what Dabo said to him in private.

He said look buddy, you can’t smoke weed and drop

Aug 18, 2019, 11:18 AM

Balls. You’re better than that

Or hey guy, are you here to get paid for your future or not? I’ll get you paid but you have to do your part. And stop dropping balls

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,973
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic