Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dennis Dodds - New playoff not good for Big East & ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,209

Dennis Dodds - New playoff not good for Big East & ACC

Jun 27, 2012, 1:42 PM

This part is telling.

"Removing [AQ] labels doesn't remove the reality. A playoff probably lessens access for the sport's unwashed. At least makes it more uncertain. That selection committee? Its composition will have to reflect that the Big East is no longer considered a BCS-level conference. The ACC has become less of a factor. That Big Four -- Pac-12, Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 -- are calling the shots. To be precise, the commissioners of those leagues are calling the shots."

http://www.cbssports.com/colle...lve-the-problem

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly he does not read tnet.***

Jun 27, 2012, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's obvious. All these "just win" posters need to look at

Jun 27, 2012, 1:58 PM

TCU and Boise State. Didn't help them, did it? If, and yes that is a HUGE if, FSU bolts the ACC is screwed.

There also wasn't 4 chances to get a slice of that pie then

Jun 27, 2012, 2:06 PM

either was there?? Maybe if there was things would have been different.

It wouldn't have been any different according to the report

Jun 27, 2012, 2:10 PM

ESPN did last night. Just keep your head in the sand.

Keep building your shelter for the sky.***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope the sky is not falling. But I believe we should ALWAYS

Jun 27, 2012, 2:43 PM

be open to any change that could put Clemson in a better position. Only those who are terrified of change will get left behind.

I completely agree.

Jun 27, 2012, 8:14 PM

I'm absolutely fine with change, especially if that change is going to strengthen Clemson in the long run. I'm certainly a proponent for change in the ACC in terms of leadership, revenue distribution, # of games (the last change there was very costly), and division alignments - all critical if the league is going to remain viable for much longer.

I would absolutely be for a conference change if the above doesn't happen very soon, provided that change is sound. I'm also convinced that independence is a viable option that should at the very least be studied by our recently formed advisory committee consisting of former athletes and businessmen. This new post-season structure is not going to punish independents as far as I can see. I can't say it's a smart move or not, but it's worth studying. The landscape that made it difficult or impossible in the past has changed.

I'm not a fan of panic and knee-jerk reactions though. Change along those lines leads to failure more often than not, and Clemson is better than that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because clearly MWC or WAC = ACC...***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:21 PM [ in reply to That's obvious. All these "just win" posters need to look at ]

First of all, I'm not surprised. I've said the same thing

Jun 27, 2012, 2:01 PM

this morning. But a bunch Sargent Schultze's on TNET are basically saying: "I see nothing..nothing".

Secondly, some of those people are saying, "All we have to do is win them all". Can you imagine going into the season with the pressure knowing that you have to win them all, to be nationally relevant? And when was the last time we "won them all"? Well, I can tell you that Justin Bieber was not born, Bill Clinton was referred to as the "Boy Wonder" and Steve Jobs was 3 years away from being fired by Apple.

With all due respect to some of our fans, I don't think they are thinking this thing through.

And, we haven't even touched on the financial disparities between the ACC and the others. That will have negative long-term implications on the program.

Re: First of all, I'm not surprised. I've said the same thing

Jun 27, 2012, 2:05 PM

If we lost 1 game to GT last season we would have made a 4 team playoff. Stanford was behind us and also did not win their conference championship. Oregon had 2 losses. The BCS has shown that 4 teams very rarely go undefeated and name brands like FSU, Clemson and Miami mean more than SOS.

null

Jun 27, 2012, 2:10 PM

OK, we shall see. But when this playoff system is implemented, just remember you guys were warned.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:13 PM

I agree with you on revenue from the playoff system but the ACC will be fine in terms of the playoff format.

null

Jun 27, 2012, 2:15 PM

No we won't. You will see, the hard way.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:23 PM

You will see the same way I will. We can't change anything now and it doesn't do me any good to worry about something I can't control.

null

Jun 27, 2012, 4:23 PM

Except, it won't surprise me.

Our conference will have a seat at the table but none of our

Jun 27, 2012, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: First of all, I'm not surprised. I've said the same thing ]

teams will have the talent to compete.

It is so glaringly obvious what is happening that the Sgt

Jun 27, 2012, 2:20 PM [ in reply to First of all, I'm not surprised. I've said the same thing ]

Schultz's are becoming more and more of a joke to me.

I'd rather be mistaken for Sgt. Schultz than Karl Marx.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:42 PM [ in reply to First of all, I'm not surprised. I've said the same thing ]

Oh, no! We have to show it on the field and actually play great to get all season to get in! Oh the horror!

Karl Marx? You have absolutely no understanding of what's

Jun 27, 2012, 2:44 PM

going on.

Panic on, Tiger brother. Panic on.***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:46 PM

I'm not your brother, comrade.

Jun 27, 2012, 2:55 PM

;)

TNet figured that out weeks ago, glad he caught up!***

Jun 27, 2012, 2:20 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,209
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic