Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer u5c
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Deer u5c

Oct 13, 2019, 5:30 PM

espn will never forgive you for beating georgia yesterday. They had spent a lot of time, effort. and airtime building the case that bama, uga, and lsu are the 3 best teams in college football. They were determined to prove they could get 3 sec teams in the 4 team playoffs. They sent a bunch of unprofessional newbies to broadcast the Clemson game, just to make sure that no matter how much Clemson beat f5u, it would not be enough.
They can't explain away Mizzou 31 u5c 14 and u5c 20 uga 17
It is truly a sad day when the only talking head that admitted the uga loss to u5c was a very bad loss was jesse palmer. Apparently he did not get, or was unable to read, the espn memo about the game.
u5c, espn is after you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just saw Heather Sammich running down the street screaming***

Oct 13, 2019, 5:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any chance ABC will hire professional announcers

Oct 13, 2019, 5:35 PM

for the Louisville game ?

Re: Any chance ABC will hire professional announcers

Oct 13, 2019, 8:31 PM

~JKB

Oct 13, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Any chance ABC will hire professional announcers ]

Seems like a prime spot for a Beth Mowins appearance unfortunately

Oct 13, 2019, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Any chance ABC will hire professional announcers ]

Seems like a prime spot for a Beth Mowins appearance unfortunately

And a week ago five of the 14 "analysts" had three

Oct 13, 2019, 5:41 PM

SEC teams in the playoffs, making me think: where in the he1l are those peoples' brains?

Three or, possibly, even two SEC teams in the playoffs would spark an outcry across this country the likes of which those yingyangs couldn't imagine.

Heck, the year UGA and Bama were selected, officials in both the B1G and Big 12 were raising the dickens, leveling omninous threats about the CFP. And there were suggestions that a SEC-loaded CFP one too many times would ring a death bell.

Yet, the talking heads persist. Such lunacy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And a week ago five of the 14 "analysts" had three

Oct 13, 2019, 7:20 PM

The Pac-12 had a legitimate gripe about start times for them. They start late (EST), and only half the country can stay up late enough to watch their games, therefore limiting any possible exposure like the east coast teams get. The want to start in prime time like the SEC does all the time (as they basically own prime time). All other conferences have to take crumbs from the SEC table or beat the royal crap outta their daddy like CLEMSON did last year, just to ever get to play in prime time. Media coverage is rigged to favor the SEC - PERIOD!! I think the Pac-12 is still discussing possible options.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:07 PM

I’m beyond tired of that gripe about late game times. Cry me a river. If your bedtime is 10:00 pm. give up your vote to someone who can cut it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never heard the reverse timezone gripe

Oct 13, 2019, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: And a week ago five of the 14 "analysts" had three ]

where Noon Eastern kickoffs are 9am Pacific. Who on the West Coast is watching football at 9am? I sure wouldn't be if I lived out there. Seems football that early in the AM would have ratings just as terrible.

Re: I've never heard the reverse timezone gripe

Oct 13, 2019, 8:27 PM

To the average fan I guess that’s a personal decision. For voters though the same holds true. Personally I had no problems with it when I was stationed at 29 Stumps. Heck we watched the Super Bowl live in Okinawa at like 5 am in the morning. Gave a new meaning to “its 5 o’clock somewhere”. ????

I suppose it's because of highlights

Oct 13, 2019, 8:36 PM

even though an early game may be over before noon West coast, you'll see 50 highlights of it until sunrise the next day.

Re: I suppose it's because of highlights

Oct 13, 2019, 8:51 PM

Good point.

I always hate losing a noon game the most

Oct 13, 2019, 9:02 PM

because you see that score flash up there on the TV screen 1000 times the rest of the day.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard the reverse timezone gripe ]

Yup. Got up at 2AM Iraq time to watch the Alabama Debacle in 2008. I regretted losing sleep that day, but in the end, it all worked out!

Oct 13, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard the reverse timezone gripe ]

Yup. Got up at 2AM Iraq time to watch the Alabama Debacle in 2008. I regretted losing sleep that day, but in the end, it all worked out!

Oct 13, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: I've never heard the reverse timezone gripe ]

First of all thank you for your service! Secondly thank you for your perspective! If I lived out west, well better believe I would be up "tailgating" at 9am. Heck, I've tied on my share of a knot too tight the Friday before a noon kickoff and been out there firing it back up again at 9am before a kickoff the next day! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2019, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: And a week ago five of the 14 "analysts" had three ]

No one would watch their games if they played at 9am

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mizzou 34 - scar 14.

Oct 13, 2019, 8:29 PM

Not that it’s important, but it’s important.

~JKB

Re: Mizzou 34 - scar 14.

Oct 13, 2019, 9:31 PM

I was actually glad (if not exactly happy) to see USuC beat the Dawgs.... GA was a contender at the time, but not any longer, and USuC is of no consequence - now or for the rest of the season. It can only mean we have at least another 5 yrs. of Mushcrump to "contend" with.

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic