Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer quozzel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,355

Deer quozzel

Sep 20, 2017, 11:19 AM

How soon before you quit your day job and become a College Football Commentator?

Based on everything you write on TNet, I'd be willing to bet you could beat out 85% of the talking heads we have to put up with today. (Assuming you have a decent voice and don't have a face for radio ;)...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

So, you're basically saying

Sep 20, 2017, 11:23 AM

quozzel, in all likelihood, could not possibly be Tigerbalm1® , cutigerbob® OR Francis Marion®'s scok?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Who is the guy who always does the LONG writeups and swore

Sep 20, 2017, 11:24 AM

up and down we would beat bama in 2008 with a lengthy analysis?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is the guy who always does the LONG writeups and swore

Sep 20, 2017, 11:37 AM

If Dabo would have been our HC in the beginning of 2008, we just might have beat Bama in Georgia Dome....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we weren't even close to building the roster at that point

Sep 20, 2017, 12:01 PM

to line up with teams like that.

I'd argue even though we were able to dominate inferior opponents by 2011, we didn't reach the stage of looking like a dominant physical team off the bus until 2014.

The 2012 and 2013 seasons were perfect examples of this. The two teams we played that were strong in the trenches, SC and FSU, dominated us.

Re: we weren't even close to building the roster at that point

Sep 20, 2017, 12:27 PM

That loss was more about Vic Koenning's bend but don't break defense more than a talent gap. Bama basically ran the same 5 plays all game long and Vic's style of defense aloud them to do so.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is the guy who always does the LONG writeups and swore

Sep 20, 2017, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Who is the guy who always does the LONG writeups and swore ]

> up and down we would beat bama in 2008 with a lengthy
> analysis?

LOL. Probably.

And that would be why I don't try to make a living at this.

Right now I'm an "avid fan" and it's something I really enjoy. And I get to be wrong and yes - a homer! - with no consequences.

You go putting your name on something and get a paycheck from it, it gets a whole lot less fun, and you gotta actually worry if your homerism is outta control instead of just rolling with it superfan style.

Me, I make no apologies for my occasional bouts of unabashed homerism 'cause I didn't make a dime off any of it, by God.

Alabama fans felt the same way ... I know because

Sep 20, 2017, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Who is the guy who always does the LONG writeups and swore ]

I spent a week at a conference on the campus in Tuscaloosa that summer and there was very little confidence on the part of Tide fans going into that game.

They thought Clemson would roll them.

Saban was new and his first season had been pretty weak at 7-6 dropping four of their last 5 games with a loss at home on Senior Day to Louisiana Monroe followed by a loss to arch-rival Auburn.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama fans felt the same way ... I know because

Sep 20, 2017, 2:28 PM

I just remember seeing Julio warming up before the game and thinking well who is gonna guard DAT DUDE! If the Spiller KOR TD and Ford long slant pass all happens in the 1st qtr then we have a chance but that defense and Mt. Cody were some big dudes.

Yep ... the disparities became obvious pretty quickly.***

Sep 20, 2017, 2:36 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,355
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic