Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer Me !!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,008

Deer Me !!!!

Nov 29, 2019, 2:15 PM

Yesterday morning my daughter and I left Clemson to join my other daughter, her family and friends for a Thanksgiving feast. Leaving Clemson, our route took us out Porter Road, East of Pendleton. After passing an area where there are several houses, there is a long curve. Just after entering the curve, lo and behold, there were five deer in the road. I slowed down so they could trot off into the woods. My daughter and I were so busy counting, we didn't notice how many were does and how many were bucks. That was a group of beautiful animals.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my neighborhood is overrun with deer

Nov 29, 2019, 2:23 PM

one was dead on the side of the road 2 days ago. The most I have counted in my yard is 11 at one time. They are in my yard every day. They aren't too afraid of people, but they will run if you get within about 30 feet of them. Every year they are a little less afraid.

I live in a city and my lot is 2 acres, which is large for this neighborhood, but there are very few empty lots and most lots are about an acre.

They do eat my plants and the dogs can't run wild because they like to roll in deer poop. I guess it's nice to have some wildlife, but I'd rather not have them in my yard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: my neighborhood is overrun with deer

Nov 29, 2019, 2:54 PM

where I live,there is a concern about the deer carrying the ticks that cause lyme disease and other more serious health issues.as a kid I grew up just about living in the woods and now spend very little time there.a shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Deer Me !!!!

Nov 29, 2019, 2:33 PM

I'll help you out, if there were more than one Buck, that would mean he is probably old, and younger Bucks are coming in the herd to try and take over, but if the older Buck kicks their butt, the Doe's won't mate with the younger Bucks, so it was probably just one Buck!!! But you're right Joe, they are some beautiful animals, and the only way I would kill one, I would have to be broke and hungry with no other way to get food. Otherwise, I would prefer to let them live!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer Me !!!!

Nov 29, 2019, 2:58 PM

as long as I can buy food in the local supermarket,i'll leave the venison on the deer.we have a couple of apple trees in our yard,so they come in to eat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Porter road definitely has the deer out of Refuge property.

Nov 29, 2019, 2:41 PM

Bucks go solo this time of year so they were probably just Does and their babies.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,008
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic