Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decootment bug biting their baseball team......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,853

Decootment bug biting their baseball team......

May 23, 2019, 7:48 PM

Two infielders, English and Perez, are transferring out. And this is just 2 days after their season ended. Sounds like these guys had their minds made up some time ago. Rumor is that this is only the start of a major exodus from their baseball program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And supposedly there are more decommitments

May 23, 2019, 8:01 PM

to follow.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Such a shame

May 23, 2019, 8:12 PM

You hate to see it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I think it is. This transfer portal crap is going

May 24, 2019, 9:24 AM

to ruin ALL college sports if left unchecked. Any 18-22 year old who is immature enough to not be able to take constructive criticism from a coach can now say "See you later", and negate literally years of work that has been put into building him into a decent player by his original program. The Transfer Portal is being used like a Walmart Sale. IMO, transfer requests that are motivated simply by lack of playing time should be DENIED, or the player must be forced to sit out a year in ALL those cases. That would take some of the instant gratification out of it. And, the excuse of coaches leaving being used is just that, an excuse. A new coaching staff is not going to have any preconceived notions about players, so a borderline player would actually have a better chance at playing time under a new regime, at his current school, if he (or she) showed they deserved it on the practice field.

ps: Transfers by players who TRULY had no chance at playing had been happening forever, BEFORE there was a transfer portal. The portal seems to serve those who have an inflated opinion of their abilities coming out of high school, who suddenly find that there are plenty of others with equal or better abilities, and are not willing to accept this reality. The fact that you are already seeing some transfer a SECOND TIME, tells you this is just a revolving door for those individuals. The failures will more than equal the successes going forward, IMO, time will tell all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And supposedly there are more decommitments

May 24, 2019, 8:51 AM [ in reply to And supposedly there are more decommitments ]

baseball may have more transfers, per capita, than any other college sport. take a look at our roster today.. and there will be a lot of attrition between now and first pitch of the 2020 season. the "squad limit" is 35 i believe. we have something like 32 guys who have eligibility remaining. assume we bring in a normal signing class of 12-15. we have 10-12 guys who are draft eligible.. but at this point davidson and maybe wilkie are the only ones most would expect to sign pro. guys like M green, spiers, henny, clark are eligible but would be surprising to see them go. any player out of high school for 3 years or who turns 21 before the draft is eligible, so the RS sophs (like clark, green and marr) are eligible, but would be surprising to see guys like that go.

almost certain to lose a signee or 2 in the draft. but almost as certain to take some late signees that don't currently show up on the list.

point is, once you do all the math, we prob have 6-10 have guys who could return next season who won't for various reasons.

baseball rosters are fluid.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decootment bug biting their baseball team......

May 23, 2019, 8:21 PM

The team was terrible this year so I am hoping they all stay for four years. If they de-coot there is always the chance they are replaced with better players. LOL, what was I thinking, that’s not going to happen.

May 23, 2019, 8:39 PM

The NCAA won't stop until they completely ruin college sports. They are so clueless that they are ruling themselves out of a job!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA simply realized

May 24, 2019, 6:43 AM

They had no enforcement ability, so screw it. Signing with schools was like indentured servitude. Once messes like B1G sexcapades and abuse broke...and the UNCheat academic wanderlust became public, coupled with coaches up and moving on after 'committing' to the student athlete, what choice was there?

The next 'big thing' will be the one reason the NCAA waited so long...'tampering'. They probably realized their inability to investigate/fight that, too, so...welcome to the 'Wild, Wild West'!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 8:51 PM

They may not be the only team to have players to leave because of various reasons especially poor play.Just saying

May 24, 2019, 3:02 AM

If I had made that big of a mistake ever, I’d transfer too! Lol????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Kingston isn't long for that job. I predict their next coach

May 24, 2019, 8:18 AM

will be Landon Powell at N. Greenville, possibly as early as next year. He played for Tanner and he has N. Greenville playing lights out. The crappy thing is, they'll get much better with him as HC.

A football teammate of my son's is a good baseball player, as well. He had an offer from the coots and committed, then he had a minor arm injury and they pulled his offer even though he has long since fully recovered. I suspect Kingston used his injury to open a scholarship for a JUCO because the word is he's recruiting bigtime JUCO heavy looking for a quick fix.

The only sports talk radio station in my immediate area is a

May 24, 2019, 9:31 AM

COOT one, 107.5 out of Columbia. From listening to that station, I can tell you that they were never really on board with the hire of Kingston from the start. It was that obvious, even to a Clemson outside observer. He was doomed to fail before he started, about like Hatfield was here many years ago. Just as nothing short of Danny coming back was going to make a lot of people happy back then at Clemson, nothing short of Tanner coming back (ain't happening, Coots, hate to break it to ya) is going to make them happy. They don't like Tanner as the AD, but they still think he walks on water as a coach. In reality, he just knew when the time was right to get the hail out of Cooterville as coach and cash in his chips to move into the cushy job. They will continue to suffer as long as he is AD, let us hope it is a long time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,853
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic