Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death Penalty
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,737

Death Penalty

May 31, 2020, 7:28 PM

Calmer heads will eventually prevail with these riots, but the death penalty is needed to end epidemic level violent crime in this country. The police are arresting the same criminals dozens of times only to see them released by juries, judges and politicians and then continuing violent criminal activities against law abiding citizens.

The death penalty for recurrent violent criminals, those who are violating, murdering and maiming lawful innocent working Americans, will eliminate most violent crime quickly. Unfortunately, it does not appear the American public has the stomach for the death penalty, so the violent crimes will continue unabated, and decent Americans will pay the price.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death Penalty

May 31, 2020, 7:40 PM

i miss the good old days when a civilian posse could hang someone on suspicion alone.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:44 PM

Maybe a little overkill there amigo ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:48 PM

https://youtu.be/mX2AyjVrrck

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking to join DSP

May 31, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

with this thread - who will be first.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s Nuke all the big liberal cities. That will show ‘em.

May 31, 2020, 9:00 PM

If you’re not going to use them, why have them.

Perhaps a bit excessive???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Hang'em High" but be sure you finish it. Clint's a bad man.***

May 31, 2020, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:44 PM

Maybe the dearth penalty for shady cops abusing their authority too.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

May 31, 2020, 7:46 PM

I'm all for bad cops getting their justice.

May 31, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

Since there's about 1000 cases of civilians killing black people as opposed to cops killing them , might want to start there. As for white folk murdered by da odder colo, just bad timing I suppose.

Sitting back with a cold beer tonight ready to watch another Democrat city burn, disappointed they havent made their way out into the backwoods yet

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 8:01 PM

There is zero evidence suggested that capital punishment has positive impact on society and social issues. It doesn't even deter violent crimes. People really shouldn't just pull something out of their head and pretent it will solve the problem.

May 31, 2020, 8:07 PM

What makes you think it was pulled from their head? Perhaps just the opposite...

May 31, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

B.S. Dead violent criminals deters violent crime.

May 31, 2020, 8:27 PM

The only two types of qualification that enble you to legitimately make this statement is (hypocritically):
A. you are a criminal that the crime you committed was less violent than it ought to be, because somehow death penalty get into your head.
B. you are criminologist and after rigorous study in related area still drawn the different conclusion compared to vast majority of your peers.

What I want to say is
For A: the sample size is too small and evidence is probably not strong enough to support the statement.
For B: I respect you unpopular opinion but you are probably wrong.

May 31, 2020, 8:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

A dead violent criminal will reduce criminals by one.THAT is a fact...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

So let's put this another way. There is zero evidence to suggest that putting a violent offender back on the streets after 20 to 30 years of being locked up has a positive impact on society or social issues. It doesn't even deter that individual from committing another violent crime. People really shouldn't just pull something out of their head and pretend its solving the current problem.

May 31, 2020, 8:38 PM

Well. I guess this logic would be useful if someone is arguing that crime should go unpunished or if we ignore any kinds of crime, and boom! we got a better world. I'm certainly not arguing for that, are you?

May 31, 2020, 9:27 PM

I believe this is a complex issue. I am specifically looking at violent crime which is what the original post was talking about I think. By most accounts, if not all, crime is down over the last 30 years, including violent crime. However, you must also realize that incarceration is up almost exponentially in that time. Violent offenders typically get 20 to 40 year sentences. So many of those have been off the streets during this drop in crime. Also, most reports state that violent offenders are likely to recommit a violent crime 44% of the time. I would like to see that recommit number at 0. Which means trying to weed out the ones that are likely to do it again. If we develop criteria towards this goal, then what. Keeping someone incarcerated for life is incredibly expensive, perhaps not even humane, and the longer someone is locked up the less able they are to return to society. So I would like to see an argument for why increasing the number of death penalty outcomes for certain cases, and those cases are definitely out there, is not viable and help repeat violent offenders from getting another opportunity.

Epstein, Weinstein, or...T-Rump?***

May 31, 2020, 11:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sayin the Pres should die?

May 31, 2020, 11:54 PM

I think the OP is trying to make a point that there is no

May 31, 2020, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Death Penalty ]

Consequences for criminals. Just watch Live PD one night. The police take tons of abuse and see the same criminals over and over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because the death penalty works so well in deterring crime?

May 31, 2020, 8:19 PM

LOL.

Research shows that it doesn’t. Real change will only occur with parents being parents, discipline being enforced, and society having a general respect for others.

As it stands now, races tend to distrust/dislike other races. People in one socioeconomic group tend to dislike those in other socioeconomic groups. People generally don’t like or understand people who aren’t like themselves. These issues need to be addressed if we want to see improvements in our society.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Let's just admit it - people just don't like

May 31, 2020, 8:56 PM

people in general. I know a well educated person who recently said he is depressed because all people other than himself really irritate him. He stays on social media websites so much that it has made him unsociable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100% of people put to death have not reoffended

May 31, 2020, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Because the death penalty works so well in deterring crime? ]

it's a fact

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m for capital punishment also, but you’re not suggesting

May 31, 2020, 8:32 PM

a federal death penalty law are you?

I say keep it in the states.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are at or near 30-year lows for all crime

May 31, 2020, 9:02 PM

including violent crime. The epidemic was in the 80s.

Oh Christ

May 31, 2020, 9:46 PM

It's been well proven the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent in this country.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,737
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic