Topic: Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:
Replies: 18   Last Post: Feb 14, 2020 12:42 PM by: CUAg98
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 18  

Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:14 AM

Who is ultimately responsible for the performance of our basketball team.?

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Ultimately the coach...

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:36 AM

But I get tired of getting on here and seeing ppl say “Brad wasn’t out there shooting” or “Brad wasn’t throwing the ball away” or he wasn’t playing terrible defense... and it goes back and forth when we win with ppl like it’s coaching when we win, it’s both win or lose but those inconsistencies are coaching, that’s the diff in the football and basketball programs IMO... the way we have looked In a lot of games and late game situations is on coaching and not having the guys ready to go I think... it’s time for new blood IMO and I don’t wanna what about recruiting classes , i think with the right hire we keep em, LJ is sad now

Re: Dear TNET, I have a very simple basketball question for you:

[2]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:45 AM

Ultimately? The Creator.
But just below that comes IPTAY donors and Dan Radakovich to make sure we have a good coach.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

You know who else is responible for the basketball tram?

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 1:06 AM

My Mom

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

Re: You know who else is responible for the basketball tram?

[2]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 1:34 AM

Ohhhhh, not setting up the chairs next time!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.

The coach-however...

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 3:47 AM

our problem has always been recruiting. Brownell has to coach guys up which takes time which when added to the meager recruiting years we have equals some good seasons,some so so seasons, and some really bad seasons. Let's face it-for a basketball recruit-it's pretty much the ACC and then Clemson.
What is it that would really sell Clemson basketball???-men and women's? I don't know. Having good crowds and support are what we can do but... X's and O's-I'd put Brownell up against anyone for getting that done. Sadly the history of Clemson basketball is it's own worst enemy. It's never enjoyed much success...a few breakthrough years followed by coaches exiting for better jobs..and that's it.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: The coach-however...***

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 6:24 AM

Re: The coach-however...

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 6:25 AM

Watcher® said:

our problem has always been recruiting. Brownell has to coach guys up which takes time which when added to the meager recruiting years we have equals some good seasons,some so so seasons, and some really bad seasons. Let's face it-for a basketball recruit-it's pretty much the ACC and then Clemson.
What is it that would really sell Clemson basketball???-men and women's? I don't know. Having good crowds and support are what we can do but... X's and O's-I'd put Brownell up against anyone for getting that done. Sadly the history of Clemson basketball is it's own worst enemy. It's never enjoyed much success...a few breakthrough years followed by coaches exiting for better jobs..and that's it.

Has CBB had a really bad season? Like 2-16 bad? Like 4-8 bad season? Like 56-7 bad?

We need find out who's responsible for recruiting then...

[2]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 7:26 AM

maybe we can get the guy who was in charge of it when OP was here.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 4:53 AM

According to Judge Keller it's the fans. We fans are responsible for the losses.

2020 white level member

Apparently EVERYbody and EVERYthing

[4]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 7:03 AM

except the coach.

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 7:17 AM

James Naismith? Why did he have to invent a game that our guys just aren't very good at?

If not him then it has to be Swofford.

One thing for certain though is that it isn't the coach!

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 8:39 AM

The coach has a lot to do with it. Most of you youngsters don’t remember the talent, or lack of, that coach Barnes was left with in his first year. They were referred to as the slab five and rightly so, but those kids were competitive. IF the big center had returned for his senior year the Tigers would have been really good. Wright chose to be a pro. A bad decision.

[1]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 12:42 PM

I was standing under the basket of nearly every game that year. It was awesome! Barnes absolutely earned his paycheck that year, but he had a roster of freshmen that really fought for every possession. Of course the next year it became hard to get tickets except for the worst seats in the house.

Shouldn't this be a multiple choice question?

[2]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 9:47 AM

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

Are you going to show us your poll?***

[2]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 9:48 AM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

nah I’m saving that for the wife tonight...

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 10:43 AM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: nah I’m saving that for the wife tonight...

[3]
Posted: Feb 14, 2020 10:46 AM

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 9:59 AM

The simple answer is the players. 18-22 years olds are not going to be motivated every night, which is why we can beat a team like Duke on occasion. The best teams are the ones with leaders on the court. I don't think we've really had a lot of those under Brownell. Maybe 1 or 2. We had quite a few under Purnell.

Replies: 18  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
833 people have read this post