Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Coaches and Players,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 3,206

Dear Coaches and Players,

Sep 22, 2016, 12:32 AM

I know you don't read TigerNet. But...

The Louisville game (especially if College Gameday shows up) will be great. Probably the biggest game of the regular season.

But I need to express my feelings about tomorrow's game at Georgia Tech.

In 1989, Clemson had a one loss team with Terry Allen out for the game and Georgia Tech came in and ran all over one of the best defenses in college football (Danny Ford said they ambushed us), locking us out of a New Years Day bowl.

In 1990, we were Beano Cook's long shot dark horse to win the National Championship. A game at Georgia Tech was the only thing standing in the way of our 1-loss team's first trip to a New Years Day bowl game since 1981. Chris Gardocki missed a long field goal within the final 2 minutes and they won 21-19, sending us back to mediocrity for years to come. Georgia Tech went on to win the National Championship that year.

In 2000 we were 8-0 for the first time since our 1981 National Title year. Georgia Tech beat us by 1 point on a last minute finger tip catch for a touchdown.

In 2004 we were coming off one of the most inspiring season turnarounds in school history. We had the game all but won, but made a mistake on a punt snap with less than a minute left on the clock. Georgia Tech scored a touchdown with 11 seconds left to win, ruining the confidence we carried over from 2003, sparking another mediocre season for our Tigers.

In 2005 in Atlanta we had a 4th down late in the game and completed a short pass but were tackled a few yards shy of the first down, losing 10-9.

In 2009 Georgia Tech beat us by 3 points in an early seasonal rivalry match-up, but beat us again on a late touchdown in the ACC Championship Game to steal our first chance at an Orange Bowl bid in 29 years. It was Dabo's first full year as head coach.

In 2011 we were 8-0 for the first time since that 2000 game, went down to Georgia Tech and they won pretty convincingly, humiliating us again. We made it to the Orange Bowl for the first time in 30 years, but it was that Georgia Tech game that messed with our heads. We ended up finishing 2-4 that year. That Georgia Tech game more than any other is probably responsible for the term Clemson-ing being coined by ESPN.

We haven't won at Georgia Tech since 2003.

Beating Louisville, FSU and the rest would be awesome.

But beating Georgia Tech, I just can't describe how great that would feel.

We need to remember our history against Georgia Tech and carry a chip on our shoulder. We need to take on the underdog role despite our high ranking. We're not going to take it lying down again this time. We're tired of this ####. They may slow us down some with tricks, they may get a few big plays, but we aren't gonna let them steal the momentum from us this time.

All the unforeseen losses we've experienced down there... ESPN coining new terms just for us... Georgia Tech scoring cheap touchdowns on us...

But we aren't gonna let them take it from us this time. The momentum for the rest of the season turns on this game. We're gonna get that monkey off our back. Then that confidence from 2015 will be ours again and drive us on to the National Championship.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey T-RAY...great history lesson vs GT

Sep 22, 2016, 12:57 AM

But for goodness sake I hope team and/or coaches Don't see all these game losing failures OR they will get as depressed as i am now!

Bam!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, thanks for posting all games TigerRay...if this is

Sep 22, 2016, 4:26 AM

the same TigerRay from YouTube. I had completely forgotten about Gardocki missing that FG in 1990, I guess because he missed so few. That was one of the very few he ever missed through his college and NFL career. I put him, then Chandler C. as the best kickers of all time at CU. Thanks again! TU

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First, thanks for posting all games TigerRay...if this is

Sep 22, 2016, 6:33 AM

I believe Gardocki's FG attempt was from more then 60 yards out so it is hard to blame him for that. Seems like we ran a little swing pass to Joe Don Reames possibly that gain nothing and may have lost a couple before the attempt. Very frustrating at the time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First, thanks for posting all games TigerRay...if this is

Sep 22, 2016, 6:42 AM [ in reply to First, thanks for posting all games TigerRay...if this is ]

Don't forget about David Treadwell!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True.***

Sep 22, 2016, 1:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definite Prozac Candidate***

Sep 22, 2016, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Coaches and Players,

Sep 22, 2016, 10:11 AM

hope the team hears this message from the coaches. I've been at most of those games, and I'm sick of losing to GT. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 3,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic