Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dax recruiting Couch for VA Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Dax recruiting Couch for VA Tech

Jun 19, 2018, 7:09 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Article/Virginia-Tech-Hokies-Football-Dax-Hollifield-takes-questions-from-VTSCOOP-Part-1-119091474/Amp/

It seems he thought more of Bud Foster than Coach V.

Are you currently recruiting anyone to Virginia Tech?

“Quavaris Crouch and Tony Davis. I have known Q forever, since day one. He always told me that he wants to go where I go. I think if I would have gone to Stanford, he would have committed on the spot because he is a really high academic guy. He is a hell of an athlete and is very bright in the classroom. I am trying to recruit him and get him to Virginia Tech. He wants to play linebacker though. Coach Foster has said he could play linebacker. If you want him to have some carries, he can do anything with the rock you want him to do. Tony, he is special. He is from right down the road from me and we used to run track against each other. He is a natural athlete. Those are the two guys I am trying to recruit.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dax recruiting Couch for VA Tech

Jun 19, 2018, 8:30 PM

Oh well, write him off couch going to tech. Shocked he hasn’t already committed. Sounds like he could go to Stanford but don’t look good for the good guys. Foster will tell him anything and a lot of these kids can’t see the truth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 8:37 PM

I doubt it. VT could be in for a bit an interesting year. They'll probably still finish second in the coastal because everybody else there is pretty bad, but GT is GT and UNC in theory has some decent players. They really don't have too much to be excited about on offense, and aside from Walker not a huge amount too be super excited about on defense either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT has Josh Johnson at QB back it seems -

Jun 19, 2018, 10:04 PM

Fuentes is a good coach and the atmosphere up there is dorky. Full dorky though - that has its value.

I got the Hokies at 8 wins this year heading into playing Michigan in the Pinstripe Bowl.

As a Clemson fan I like having a good Va. Tech team in the league. Wished we played more often.

DT topic get rid of divisions and we would 2x per four years home/away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT has Josh Johnson at QB back it seems -

Jun 19, 2018, 10:14 PM

8-4 feels about right, but in all likelihood that's not enough for them to get any movement on Crouch.

If he was really interest in going he probably would have visited there some already. Building big time interest late is usually predicated on having a big season which 8-4 is not.

That's on the cusp though. Shows promise and

Jun 19, 2018, 10:42 PM

opportunity to come in and take it up a notch. I see Fuentes and Richt making all the noise in the Coastal for the foreseeable future with their programs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's on the cusp though. Shows promise and

Jun 19, 2018, 10:54 PM

Haven't they gone 9-3 the last two seasons? Like I said I think they'll probably finish 2nd in the coastal, I just think they'll be well behind Miami, and who knows how good Miami will be after we sent their mascot back to the jeweler.

Jun 19, 2018, 8:39 PM

Chump. I don’t get it with bud Foster. When it gets down to it, what’s he really done except every good team get his nose bloodied.

Can’t hold a candle to the best DC on the planet. Just because you made a mistake don’t try to talk others to join in ur va tech misery!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 8:47 PM

Foster does seem to have a good relationship with Dax, which goes a long way, but we basically told him we were full twice and still almost got him.

Bud Foster's reputation seems to rely on what he did 10-15 years ago. That robber coverage thing he doesn't hasn't worked as well since the spread offense became a thing, and honestly in the last 5-7 seasons VT's defense hasn't been much more than a speedbump against good offenses. He's not a bad coordinator by any means but the results don't match the reputation. I mean heck, the linebacker Edmunds (Tremaine?) got drafted where he did because he's a freak, not because his tape was always that great.

Jun 19, 2018, 9:55 PM

Thank you. Wish you’d post more often. That’s the stuff I don’t understand but learning. Obviously football smarts.

Both my nephews played d2 oline ball but they stay so busy and live 700 miles away so I don’t get to watch the games with them. Thanks again.

Jun 20, 2018, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Dax recruiting Couch for VA Tech ]

They’ve got that beat up lunch pail. That has great appeal.

And who can resist this empty trophy case:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dax's Dad caught a case of the Butthurt

Jun 19, 2018, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dax recruiting Couch for VA Tech ]

because ,with limited spaces available,Clemson slow played Dax.

VT just lost their QB and 2 DB's.Not gonna impress anyone this year.

Re: Dax's Dad caught a case of the Butthurt

Jun 19, 2018, 8:51 PM

Sounds like the QB is in the clear, but unless he makes a big jump, he's not all that great.

Losing the two corners on top of the early departure of Settle and the Edmunds brothers makes me not super confident in that defense. Walker is good but other than that I don't see much to be super excited about on the DL.

The bear front they use mostly seems to line up in a 3-4 alignment and unless their guys get a lot bigger I think they're looking at a nose tackle under 300 lbs.

Jun 20, 2018, 7:57 AM

He's pretty good. About the same level of talent as Kelly Bryant. He had better stats than Bryant with a worse supporting cast.

Jun 20, 2018, 1:09 PM

Maybe I was unduly critical. He's not bad but he started to worse as the 2017 season progressed and I'm not sure he's good enough to really elevate the program to where they need to be next season to really start pulling in guys like Crouch.

Jun 20, 2018, 1:10 PM

started to play worse*

Jun 19, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Dax's Dad caught a case of the Butthurt ]

Oh ok, didn’t remember that. Thanks.

Meh.....

Jun 19, 2018, 8:59 PM

..... nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Meh.....

Jun 19, 2018, 9:48 PM

What’s meh? Tia

Jun 19, 2018, 10:06 PM

meh

informal
exclamation
expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm.
"Meh. I'm not impressed so far"
adjective
uninspiring; unexceptional.
"a lot of his movies are … meh"

hth & ywia!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:04 AM

Thank you. Never thought about looking it up. Duh?

What's Duh?

Jun 20, 2018, 12:40 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2018, 11:05 PM

His loss, and he probably will regret it. Others have, for sure. VT is a great program, but it is no CLEMSON.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 7:17 AM

who is couch

Jun 20, 2018, 7:37 AM

Think Dax is overestimating his ability as a recruiter. Especially since I can't remember a single interview that I've read of Crouch talking about Dax or that he would be any kind of factor in his recruitment.

Crouching Tiger

Jun 20, 2018, 7:50 AM

Hidden Commitment

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dax or his dad? His dad seemed to idolize the D.C. lol.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:37 AM

I actually feel sorry for "Dax"

LOL***

Jun 20, 2018, 1:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic