Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Davis Makes It Official: He's Turning Pro
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Jan 9, 2008, 7:47 PM

Junior will enter NFL Draft after leading Clemson in rushing all three years as a Tiger. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Davis Makes It Official: He's Turning Pro

Jan 9, 2008, 7:50 PM

I'm sad

Jan 9, 2008, 7:57 PM

Goodbye James....

Jan 9, 2008, 8:01 PM

he had a great run, we all (this Tiger fan, at least) wish him the very best in his future in the NFL.

Jan 9, 2008, 8:03 PM

I wish like hell he would have stayed, but any way good luck to him it was great watching him run for three years. I remember his first game as a freshman against Texas A@M, and just how great that i knew that he would be.............but i guess that means we prob. will get jamie harper now.

Jan 9, 2008, 8:03 PM

I hate to see him go but I wish JD nothing but the best in his NFL career and life. Thanks for three great years James.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2008, 8:10 PM

Crap!!! I just bought my father-in-law a #1 Clemson jersey for his 50th B-day next week. Well now I guess it's vintage. Good luck JD you will be missed but I will always remember the superman run against FSU on labor day.

Jan 9, 2008, 8:56 PM

Unless he's an Edwards fan, HA.
For real though, it sucks to see him go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

James, we will miss you

Jan 9, 2008, 8:45 PM

Best of luck in the NFL. You represented Clemson well. I wish you had been able to mute some of your off-field comments over the past few years, but I definitely can't complain about your performance on the field and your dedication to your team and teammates. We'll miss you a great deal.

I hope you come back in a few years to finish your degree!

Thank You and Good Luck, James!!!!!!***

Jan 9, 2008, 10:05 PM

Let's hope the Falcons don't draft him...

Jan 9, 2008, 10:42 PM

...after all, he already proved he's no more than average in Atlanta (See 2007 GT & Peach Bowl )

Jan 9, 2008, 10:47 PM

This may have some ripple effects that we will see in 2008/2009, some will be sooner than expected.
1. CJ will realize he will get the bulk of the carries. This will give him an opportunity to showcase his all of his talents (running and catching the pass). This will also allow him to get in a groove as a back during the game: case in point, after the TD run by CJ, who was the RB on the next series, Davis, Why? With have 2 high profile backs in a single back offense, near impossible to get in a groove and or keep someone happy.
2. Jamie Harper, 5 Star prospect at RB, will lean toward signing with CU, with JD gone.
3. Andre Ellington (4 star, commit) and possibly Jamie Harper (prospect) will get some carries to prepare them for when CJ vaults for the pro?s at the end of next season. They have the potential to be the next 2 big stars at RB on the CU roster.
4. No more closed door meetings with Rob S and James D to discuss how many times he will get the ball. I felt this was a big, major distraction for the team.
5. CU is preseason ranked in the top 10 in 3 major polls, I assume they may drop some bc. of Davis leaving and what will P Merling do as well, stay or leave?
6. Who are some other backs that have game experience? Will CU go after another national powerhouse back? Just 1 play away to reducing your backfield to just a dozen carries by someone other than JD and CJ.

Do not get me wrong, I want him to come back, change his mind, and play next year in the orange and white. I will miss him. I wish him luck and hope he comes back to finish his degree.

Jan 9, 2008, 11:35 PM

ah, now THAT is how to write with logical and organized arguments.
I have given you grief about your writing in the recent past, mlworsham... and for that I apologize.

good post and response.

critics who disagree? give me hell. whatever.

Jan 10, 2008, 9:18 AM

Thank you and apology accepted. It helps when I write it in Microsoft Word and do spell and grammar check. Thanks again.

Sure, that makes US feel better about it...

Jan 10, 2008, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Davis Makes It Official: He's Turning Pro ]

...it's likely that this could have a positive effect on top recruits looking to get a good head start with playing time (hopefully CJ will be the kind of influence to them that JD was for him)

I still want what's best for JD and I don't think he will go as high in the draft this time around if he had waited just one more year. On the other hand, it increases his chances of getting picked by a better team with a solid front line that won't expect their RB to do miracles (like Atlanta needs) but carry the ball 4+ yards at a time, follow the blocks, and have breakaway ability.

why

Jan 10, 2008, 7:00 AM

why did he choose to quit? where is he going in the draft? you left alot of unanswered questions.

Well, the Titans need an RB to replace fumble fingers

Jan 10, 2008, 7:41 AM

Lendale White

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I hope for JD

Jan 10, 2008, 7:50 AM

I hope that someone sees something in him and he gets to cash in on first round money, but since that is doubtful I would love to see him on a team that is already a contender, maybe a Pittsburg or the Pats. Those are teams that know the value of running backs and know the ones they got are only real good for a couple of years (like most backs in the NFL). Just please don't let him end up on my Falcons (head hanging in shame) I like him to much for that!

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

Thank James Davis......

Jan 10, 2008, 9:55 AM

For everything you have done for this football team. I have enjoyed coming to death valley for 3 years and watching you give your very best effort game in and game out. You are an awesome player and I can't wait to watch you at the next level. We will truly miss you and may God bless you in the future in everything you do.

Thanks James!! I have enjoyed cheering for you the past

Jan 10, 2008, 10:36 AM

3 years on Saturdays and now I look forward to cheering for you on Sundays

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks James!! I have enjoyed cheering for you the past

Jan 10, 2008, 2:02 PM

Thanks for the #21 Ranking

Scout team life should be more fun than trying to compete for a BCS game.

Future Philadelphia Eagle!

Jan 10, 2008, 8:48 PM

James would look good with Westbrook and a great offensive line.

Jan 11, 2008, 6:41 AM

Will this make Jamie Harper's decision easier?????

Jan 11, 2008, 7:26 AM

that's the word, Harper's official visit is today (11th).

Jan 11, 2008, 10:23 AM

theres some good footage of harper playnig rb, te, and db on you tube if you wanna check him out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bp0Hkemr74

Disapointed,but happy for James.***

Jan 11, 2008, 11:57 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2008, 1:07 PM

Thanks for the you tube site. Pretty good footage although the music could improve. He will look good in CU orange and not that ugly shade from IL.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic