Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood: Early Gator Bowl Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Dec 23, 2008, 1:45 PM

Make no bones about it, this IS a big game. For both teams and their new head coaches, but probably even more so for the Tigers. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this the same guy that predicted us to lose to usc and

Dec 23, 2008, 1:52 PM

that Dabo was not the right guy for the job. Sounds a little schizo to me.

probably a makeup article!***

Dec 23, 2008, 3:36 PM

Re: probably a makeup article! Revlon

Dec 23, 2008, 4:14 PM

LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to **** David!!***

Dec 24, 2008, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Is this the same guy that predicted us to lose to usc and ]

Re: Is this the same guy that predicted us to lose to usc and

Dec 24, 2008, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Is this the same guy that predicted us to lose to usc and ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=625199&messageID=6892352#6892352

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope your right about this game and next season!***

Dec 23, 2008, 1:59 PM

If we won 56-0 we still won't be ranked in the top-20 next

Dec 23, 2008, 2:09 PM

year. The media has finally learned its lesson about putting us high in the pre-season rankings. We will have to win the ACC before we ever see that changing.

That being said, I don't think we can beat Nebraska. I am glad Dabo is our coach and I think we win the ACC under him in the next 3 years but there is no way we can beat Nebraska with no defensive coordinator. We were not realistic about how much our O-line was going to hurt us and I won't make that mistake again about not having the architect of our great D this year. Spence was holding us back, Koenning was a solid coach, we may end up with a better one next year, but our defense is going to be severely hampered for this particular game. Expect Nebraska to put up huge numbers that we simply can't match. This is Nebraska's game to lose.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why's that they never learned with Notre Dame

Dec 23, 2008, 2:17 PM

or Ohio State? The media picks what makes games good games week to week. You have teams jump like 9 spots to get a game with two top 5 teams in the AP.

We could very likely still be overrated.

Be positive. I think we win, i don't think it really matters

Dec 23, 2008, 2:21 PM [ in reply to If we won 56-0 we still won't be ranked in the top-20 next ]

who our d-coordinator is this late in the year. Our secondary is phenominal. And this defense has been learning from koening since they have been in college. I don't think they will forget that fast. Not to mention both of our co defensive coordinators were understudies of koening, so play calling will be pretty close to the same. Our defense should'nt take a big hit if any at all.

GOOD!!!! I hope they don't rank anyone next year......

Dec 23, 2008, 2:51 PM [ in reply to If we won 56-0 we still won't be ranked in the top-20 next ]

that is all a fuke.

ACROSS THE BOARD!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we won 56-0 we still won't be ranked in the top-20 next

Dec 24, 2008, 7:04 AM [ in reply to If we won 56-0 we still won't be ranked in the top-20 next ]

And would that be a bad thing if we were not ranked in the top 20?I'd rather be unranked,and work my way up{that means your winning} than to be ranked and fall out like this year.Don't believe me;just ask UGA coach Mark Richt,whose Bulldogs stated # 1 and finished #11.Now,I'm not saying being ranked is not a good thing,but it's not where you start,but where you finish.Finally,regarding Nebraska,they were not known for their "D"either,so we should be able to keep it close.Given ,however the choice of having to have both Spence,and Koening,or not,I'd choose not.We will still be using the same basic plays with maybe a new twist added in,but I don't think not having Koening will make a big difference.

David Hood = Tigernet's QCB.***

Dec 23, 2008, 2:17 PM

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Well the QCB is an out and out gamecock fan.

Dec 23, 2008, 2:18 PM

This guy's still putting on the charade of being a Clemson fan.

QCB worships the toilet Darth Visor takes a dump in***

Dec 23, 2008, 3:44 PM

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I use to call in and give the QCB hell. Cant believe he is

Dec 23, 2008, 5:21 PM [ in reply to David Hood = Tigernet's QCB.*** ]

around. I used the handle Triple T.

Sure hope your right David.***

Dec 23, 2008, 2:57 PM

New QB, New WR's, same OL that struggled this year

Dec 23, 2008, 3:23 PM

On Defense the last line of defense will most likely include two freshmen.

...that's a lot of question marks.

Miami's on the rise, FSU is on the rise, VT is always competitive, and GT has been solid in their first year under a new coach.

David Hood has also posted that Clemson shouldn't hire Dabo. He has also posted that Clemson will lose to USC

Now he predicts that Clemson will beat a solid Nebraska team by 2 TD's and then win the ACC next year.

Im not sure if he's bi-polar or if he hit the egg nog a little early today

Gee David, what caused you to change your tune?***

Dec 23, 2008, 3:45 PM

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Gee David, what caused you to change your tune?***JOINT***

Dec 24, 2008, 10:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The thing that scares me

Dec 23, 2008, 5:03 PM

is he's more often wrong -

I was hoping he'd say Nebraska wins by 40 and Clemson finishes dead last in ACC next year. Then we'd have a chance.

Now we're doomed - DOOMED I tell ya!!!!!!!

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

David Hood = BiPolar journalist! Pick a side buddy!***

Dec 23, 2008, 7:26 PM

Mr. Hood... wasn't it you who said...

Dec 23, 2008, 10:07 PM

that Clemson shouldn't hire Dabo? And now you predict they win the ACC with Dabo?

Re: David Hood: Early Gator Bowl Thoughts

Dec 24, 2008, 12:26 AM

Wow what a bold prediction that Clemson will win the ACC next year. I haven't heard that one before...This entire article is worthless.

"Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand"

Re: David Hood: Early Gator Bowl Thoughts

Dec 24, 2008, 6:49 AM

Good article David.I agree that a win for the Tigers,and Dabo would be good,especially regarding how the [national]media viewed Clemson this year;soft.However,I could deal with a loss if we come to play with a sense of purpose,and play hard like we did against USC.To play like we did against Wake Forest would be ,imo,a set back for what Dabo want's to establish.Not that I think,or even feel that's going to happen.But I just want us to guard against that possibility.Final thought,and the only thing I disagree with is your comment on winning the ACC next year.How many times have we heard that before? I'd rather fly in under the radar,with fewer expectations,than go in being favored when we have proven nothing.

David Hood -- GO AWAY!

Dec 24, 2008, 9:04 AM

I don't even read his articles anymore.. I just read the comments. This guy has no clue... from, "lose to USC" to "win the ACC."

Can Tigernet not afford a real journalist? Gee...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Hey, I saw Patterson on the sidelines last night.

Dec 24, 2008, 10:44 AM

Surprised he was still coaching the bowl game, what with him having been hired at Clemson and all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So are you behind Dabo now ??? LOLZ at David Hood!!***

Dec 24, 2008, 12:03 PM

I didn't read it but it probably would have made me laugh

Dec 25, 2008, 1:08 AM

considering this guy is an absolute joke! Who really takes this guy seriously after his remarkable commentary before the USC game? Dabo says HI by the way.

Better late to the party than never arrive. Dabo is the man!***

Dec 26, 2008, 1:07 AM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic