Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dariu$uc Rucker
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Dariu$uc Rucker

Jan 24, 2014, 10:07 PM

Used to like him when he was Hootie but now he is really big and just a U$UC propaganda messenger. Always has that dang coot hat on and they let him park his motor home right by stadium I saw on coots Facebook. Now he is up for a Grammy. ###? He is not a good country singer. I think it is just bc the media is being PC why he is getting attention.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was better as Hootie

Jan 24, 2014, 10:13 PM

Also, love how in that one song he talks about the school he wanted to go to until he "got that letter". I like to think he wanted to go to Clemson, but couldn't get in.

I think he is a good guy and a talented musician

Jan 24, 2014, 10:17 PM

And he has a great opportunity to be an ambassador for the state. But he can't help himself and lets his inner Spurrier show, alienating a large portion of his fan base. I have no problem with him pimping his team...just don't be a punk and pull Clemson into it.

My son used to be his #1 fan. No more. Screw you, Darius, we don't need you to tell us who to pull for. And screw you, Springsteen, we don't need you to tell us who to vote for. Anybody up for a record burning?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a big Country fan ... but Rucker can Sing

Jan 24, 2014, 10:19 PM

Once we turn the series around in Clemson this year, he can keep wearing his Gamecock gear to his heart's content. Maybe he can coach too ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...for those that r tone deaf. FWIW, the song nominated is

Jan 24, 2014, 10:20 PM

not his.

Re: ...for those that r tone deaf. FWIW, the song nominated is

Jan 24, 2014, 10:27 PM

OCMS

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Old Country Medicine Show? I'm awful with acronyms lol***

Jan 24, 2014, 10:37 PM

Old Crow Medicine Show***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:34 PM

Thanks!***

Jan 24, 2014, 11:35 PM

ROCK ME MAMA LIKE A WAGON WHEEL!!

Jan 24, 2014, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Old Crow Medicine Show*** ]

ROCK ME MAMA ANYWAY YA FEEL!! AYEE, MAMA ROCK ME. That song was awesome. Why did Darius Rucker produce a bastardized version

Message was edited by: TigersRoarMayEcho®

Pop sells. Roots and gritty passion, well.........

Jan 24, 2014, 11:45 PM

you find yourself on the Americana station. Why guys like Sturgell Simpson, Jack Ingram, Todd Snider, Charlie Robison and many others are still playing clubs and avoiding the radio. Country music is atrocious anymore

pathetic

Jan 25, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to ROCK ME MAMA LIKE A WAGON WHEEL!! ]

just pathetic.

Re: Old Crow Medicine Show***

Jan 25, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Old Crow Medicine Show*** ]

It's actually a Bob Dylan song he never recorded it but played it live occasionally. Great version by OCMS though. Darius ruined it imo

Re: Old Crow Medicine Show***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:38 AM

Yeah Dylan's version is on a few bootlegs I think.

Re:He sounds like a dying calf in a hail storm.***

Jan 25, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Not a big Country fan ... but Rucker can Sing ]

I'd rather listen to a fat boy fart****

Jan 24, 2014, 10:26 PM

Re: Dariu$uc Rucker

Jan 24, 2014, 11:43 PM

Quandon and tajh went to his concert. I don't care for him much. Liked him better as.hootie

There's nothing wrong with him wearing his hat.

Jan 25, 2014, 12:35 AM

If he had gone to Clemson, you'd love it to see that hat every time he got on stage. He's just representing his school. There's nothing wrong with that.

He's a good singer and he does A LOT of work for charity organizations. Don't let the orange colored glasses cloud your view on everything.

Rucker is a rip off now

Jan 25, 2014, 8:22 AM

When he was recording music that he and the Blowfish wrote he had some respectability. Now he's just re-recording other people's work and selling it to make himself wealthy. I don't mind someone re-recording a song IF they put an original spin on it. An example would be UB40's recording of Red Red Wine. It was written by Neil Diamond but UB made it into a reggae form which was cool.

All Rucker did was rip off Old Crow. He deserves No respect for that.

And, btw, Dylan wrote the chorus for Wagon Wheel for a commercial, and OCMS wrote the verses and made a cool song out of it.

Rucker is no bueno anymore and he is a coot!

Re: Rucker is a rip off now

Jan 25, 2014, 8:33 AM

It was written during taping of the movie Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, the same movie that knocking on heavens door came from. One of my all time favorite movies btw

Re: Rucker is a rip off now

Jan 25, 2014, 10:46 AM

He has a unique voice, but he has publicly said some negative things about Clemson recently. (I think it's part of the "culture" at South Carolina)
Much like Spurrier, he tries to play to his base and goes too far in the process IMO. He makes himself look like a charlatan. (much like Richard Sherman did the other night)

You do realize outside of Wagon Wheel he writes or co-writes

Jan 25, 2014, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Rucker is a rip off now ]

every song that he produces? So your first paragraph is essentially obsolete. He also had OCMS's permission to do it, so there's really nothing wrong with it.

So he didn't rip them off as you say he did.

Also no need to give me a history lesson on who wrote the song. I'm well aware. My history of country music class at Clemson as a senior did a pretty good job of informing me about certain things.

And Rucker's sold out shows around the country tell me he is still bueno.

The only part you're correct about is that he's a coot. For that, I say everyone is allowed one mistake in their life. That's his (most egregious) error.

Re: Dariu$uc Rucker

Jan 25, 2014, 8:41 AM

I don't hate Darius. Saw him at the MTP Publix recently with his daughters. Seems like a good family man and a nice guy. My mom taught him in middle school and still talks about how smart, polite, etc. he was a child.

That being said, his version of "Wagon Wheel" is a crime against humanity, and it makes me want to injure myself or others when I hear it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even Hootie didn't want to go to South Carollina

Jan 25, 2014, 9:18 AM

"or the college I wanted to go to, till I got that letter." ;)

He's a good entertainer and seems to be a good guy. But all his songs sound alike.

Rucker is two faced ahole

Jan 25, 2014, 9:26 AM

He went on the tonight show when Boogie made big and said South Carolinians were racist who listened to country music and kept the confederate flag flying and hated blacks. Now he sings country. What a joke.

Re: Darius has always loved to sing country songs as those

Jan 25, 2014, 10:39 AM

who were fans from his college tour days from before the blinding success of Hootie and Blowfish can attest..

Hootie used to end most of their college tour shows with David Allen Coe back in the day....

Darius and the rest of the Blowfish are all pretty good guys and darn good South Carolinians. They have done loads for underprivileged SC children when a lot of other high profile South Carolinians, Clemson and SC, did not do crap.

So, he roots for your rival. Big deal. Is that a reason to

Jan 25, 2014, 1:04 PM

dislike someone? I'm a Dawg fan, so should I hate Erin Andrews or Charles Barkley?

Really, and Usuc fans should hate Lee Brice & Josh Turner??

Jan 25, 2014, 1:49 PM

Come on, man.

I was able to meet him and talk to him once. He's extremely friendly, and loves this state.

By the way, don't watch the new music video for 'Get me some of that' by Thomas Rhett (he's a georgia fan) like so many other country singers.

I'm actually happy to see them support their schools (just like I love Joah Turner and Lee Brice supporting Clemson)

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic