Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dak Joyner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,186

Dak Joyner

Dec 16, 2016, 4:49 AM

With Trevor on our board does that pretty much eliminate us with Joyner? Safe to say we would all take Trevor first but dang I wanted Joyner too. Kid can play ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joyner should switch positions now to prepare

Dec 16, 2016, 4:54 AM

for his future in the NFL. There is no place better for him to do that than Clemson.

That's probably true but a lot of schools

Dec 18, 2016, 7:39 AM

Told Lamar Jackson the same thing, including UGA. Now, fortunately for Jackson, Petrino can coach QBs with the best of them and if Joyner does go there then I think he'll grow into a very nice QB for the Cards and be successful. If he ends up in Columbia then I don't expect much.

Joyner is a player but not at QB for Clemson

Dec 16, 2016, 6:32 AM

As good as Dak is he will not be in the mix at Clemson for QB. I think he will go elsewhere if he wants to play that position. Terrell Pryor and Brandan for Ohio State now play in the NFL at wide out. He could do the same at Clemson and the NFL.

Yeah, cause we're pretty much scraping the bottom ot

Dec 16, 2016, 6:53 AM

the barrel in WR talent. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dak Joyner

Dec 16, 2016, 7:43 AM

He would be a very good DB or WR.

that is why his offer to Clemson has always been as an athlete not QB.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dak Joyner - nope offered as an athlete because of Lawrence

Dec 17, 2016, 8:26 PM

He will go somewhere he can play qb unfortunately. He really wanted to come here as a QB!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2016, 8:55 AM

sad consequence is he's more and more likely to be a coot if he sticks to his guns about being a QB, which if thats his dream, he should

thats fine

i don't think he will develop much under kurt roper the OC w/ coots

T lawrence is HEAD AND SHOULDERS the better current prospect than Dak Joyner and with jeff scott / elliot / dabo / streeter tutelage, could be a top 3 QB all time at clemson

I'm pretty sure he's going somewhere he can play QB.

Dec 16, 2016, 9:00 AM

Even some recent quotes of his about Clemson were in regards to our staff talking to him more about being able to play QB.

I know when you recruit at an elite level, there are going to be some really talented players that you just can't take, but it does suck that these guys are basically falling into Muschamp's lap. I'd rather them go to UT, UGA, etc.

Louisville, NC State and SCAR

Dec 17, 2016, 6:16 PM

are his new top 3 in no order. I'd bet on Louisville, unless SCAR grows an offensive line next year.

Re: Louisville, NC State and SCAR

Dec 17, 2016, 7:42 PM

If I were DK I'd love to play qb at Unc, UL, or VT...he could excell at any of them schools.

he's gonna be a good qb wherever he goes

Dec 17, 2016, 8:46 PM

it just won't be here. it's not unreasonable for him to stay at qb if that's his dream. he's got a good head on his shoulders and lots of talent. 10 years ago we'd be dancing in the streets for signing a player like him. it's amazing that we're to the point where we have to turn guys like joyner away!

Re: he's gonna be a good qb wherever he goes

Dec 17, 2016, 11:44 PM

It does sadden me that he had his heart set on Clemson and it didn't work out. You can tell by his recent interviews and twitter post. Great kid with a good family so team is gonna be getting a great young man. Based on his character I hope he lands at VT. I think Fuente would be a good mentor to DK.

Really sad to see Joyner not be in Orange.

Dec 18, 2016, 7:31 AM [ in reply to he's gonna be a good qb wherever he goes ]

His character off the field exudes that of a Clemson man. Great kid. Unfortunately we're gonna have to face a very motivated young man throughout his college career. Best of luck to him.

Dec 18, 2016, 6:59 AM

Real question is ...

Is Dak Joyner a better option than Zerrick Cooper ?

Who knows, but Z Coop was / is probably the better prospect

Nothing wrong with having multiple QB's on your team with different skill sets

I honestly think the T Lawrence commitment was a pleasant surprise to the coaches

Sometimes you throw your name in the hat, and good things happen

Once the coaches got some momentum with him, it carried through

Having us in the playoffs and having Kirby Smart self implode didn't hurt either

Dabo and company probably were very content with not taking a '18 QB, but obviously can't turn someone like Lawrence away

Reminds me of Chad Kelly and Deshaun

You knew only one of those would play

Circumstances happened, and Swag was out

Not proposing pulling a USUC and running folks out, but also would be a win - win if the coaches help find Tucker Israel and Kelly Bryant other options (TI to another mid level program he can immediately play at, and KB either another position or another school if he doesn't win the starting job this spring).

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic