Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dadgum Clemson-LSU-Ohio St Conspiracy Theory
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Dadgum Clemson-LSU-Ohio St Conspiracy Theory

Dec 4, 2019, 8:35 PM

I've danced around this subject before, but here it is. Exec Director Bill Hancock and selection committee are rationally about ratings. Ratings dictate protecting TV favorite Ohio St in Round 1 of playoffs to facilitate Ohio St participation in final. This mandates Clemson & LSU play each other in Round 1. The American public will eat up a Clemson-Ohio St final. They will eat up an LSU-Ohio St final. They will be less enthusiastic about a southern-fried Clemson-LSU championship. Now here's the twist, if UGA beats LSU in SEC final, the committee will have to spin the dialogue again. In this scenario, you may see Clemson somehow climb to #1 for the playoffs with this logic -- "We the committee make these assessments on a week-by-week basis. And based on LSU's loss and Ohio State's underwhelming win vs WISC, this make Clemson #1, Ohio St #2, UGA #3 and LSU #4." IMHO LSU deserves #1 and Ohio St to a lesser extent deserves #2 entering playoff if status quo pans out, but my point is the committee will do its best to keep Ohio St alive for the championship game. This means Clemson-LSU must match up in the 1st round with Ohio St drawing the weakest sister no matter what. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dadgum Clemson-LSU-Ohio St Conspiracy Theory

Dec 4, 2019, 8:40 PM

LSU does NOT deserve #1 over Ohio State, Ohio State has beat down every opponent. LSU has looked beatable against Alabama and Auburn. UF danced with them through 3 quarters with a first time starting QB and multiple defensive starters out and their top WR. Vandy dropped 40 on them. LSU has not shown the domination that Ohio State has shown and if the committee puts in teams for ratings they should be fired for going after the money at the expensive of the other CFB teams that are deserving in my opinion because they were put there to be "unbiased" and that wouldn't be the case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:04 PM

Agree with all your points Seth, and Ohio St has a strong team. Still, I've seen Ohio St lose to so many southern teams through the years as favorites. Of course, Clemson 31-0, Florida, even SC/Lou Holtz twice. I don't see Ohio St beating LSU or Clemson, but we will find out. Ohio St appears to have a better D than LSU, but how many like me see the B1G Ten as heavy on fans & media but regularly overrated? And LSU has beat more high ranking teams this season including UGA if they win. What are your thoughts on Utah or Oklahoma? Can they compete in playoffs this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 8:41 PM

It's all being steered by the ghost of Woody Hayes . He's determined to get his revenge on Danny , Charlie and the rest of Tiger nation ... living and dead .
I know this because Regis Philbin told a friend of mine that Knute Rockne converted to being a Buckeyes fan post mortem . Also , Regis can communicate via a portal he discovered under the robe of Touchdown Jesus .

This is very serious and we should all be alarmed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm gonna look him up when I die and whup datazz.***

Dec 4, 2019, 8:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2019, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dadgum Clemson-LSU-Ohio St Conspiracy Theory ]

Who can argue with that TD? Now it all makes sense. Job well done! Go Tigers!

I have no doubt that the POC manipulates seeding to...

Dec 4, 2019, 8:44 PM

maximize TV viewers. Sometimes they miss but I've seen them send Clemson to the far west two years and I'm sure it was about building drama for the final round.

Never-the-less, I think we're getting in the weeds here if we're considering them able to affect the outcome of the playoffs. Their manipulations will never put a point on the board, make a tackle, throw or catch a pass or even block a defender.

All that will be done on the field by those who strap on the pads.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no doubt that the POC manipulates seeding to...

Dec 4, 2019, 9:09 PM

Well said CT1988, bring on Ohio St or LSU or UGA in Game 1! Dabo, BV, and team can knock them down in whatever order. As you say, strap it up Tigers!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic