Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo's worse loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Dabo's worse loss

Oct 19, 2016, 1:49 PM

Candidates:

2010, 20-17 to a horrible Maryland team. After this game is when Dabo's popularity was at it's lowest point. Many people wanted him gone.

2011- 37-13 at NC State

2012 - 70-33 to West Virginia

2012 - 27-17 to South Carolina - This is the year we should have stopped the streak.

2013 - 51-14 at home to FSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maryland was actually 2009

Oct 19, 2016, 1:51 PM

Maryland finished that year 2-10 with wins over James Madison in overtime and Clemson

This should help your pulse.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Men don't worry about their TigerNet pulse

Oct 19, 2016, 2:38 PM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn't agree more.***

Oct 19, 2016, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Dabo's worse loss

2010, 2011, and 2013 - I was present and all of those awful losses. At least for WVU and FSU losses it was a quick death.

Nobody mentions the 2010 Belk Bowl because no one was there

Oct 19, 2016, 2:15 PM

Unfortunately I was there for all its glory.

Still a great memory for me

Oct 19, 2016, 2:27 PM

No doubt it was ugly football, but that was the last time I got to sit beside my Dad and watch the Tigers play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're right

Oct 19, 2016, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Nobody mentions the 2010 Belk Bowl because no one was there ]

that could be the most forgotten game in recent memory. That was a bad loss to USF and what made it worse was how uncertain things were after that game. We did not have faith in Dabo, in the coordinators and we weren't sure about Boyd at QB

1st half of wvu was an awesome game.***

Oct 21, 2016, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo's worse loss ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Orange bowl, not only because that became the worst trip ever, But that was the biggest stage and the most painful to watch.

Re: Dabo's worse loss? Alabama***

Oct 19, 2016, 1:52 PM

We beat Maryland 31-7 in 2010

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 19, 2016, 1:52 PM

I'm thinking its the loss we took 63-17 or 45-0 !!!!!!!!!! not quite sure

GT

Oct 19, 2016, 1:55 PM

2014?

that loss sucked!

Re: GT

Oct 19, 2016, 1:56 PM

Agreed that one hurt too

Worse than what?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

worst****

Ignoring score it was clearly 2009 Maryland.

Overall though, either 2011 WVU or 2013 FSU. Probably 2013 FSU. The WVU debacle at least got us Venables.

Oct 19, 2016, 2:18 PM

South Carolina is forever a bad loss no matter the year and how bad or good we are-- there is no excuse to lose to those things in Columbia.

Last year to BAMA

Oct 19, 2016, 2:18 PM

Because he wins that game, then we build a statue of him outside the stadium and he is cemented in tigerfans hearts forever (AKA Danny Ford) No matter what happens after

Re: Last year to BAMA

Oct 19, 2016, 2:35 PM

no statue.. never.. unless he's coached here for like 30 years and is dead and gone.. to build a statue of a coach that is still coaching here is very, shall i say... cootish.

^^^^what he said, no statues to living people, EVER^^^***

Oct 19, 2016, 2:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

West Virginia IMO - a total embarrassment..........

Oct 19, 2016, 2:30 PM

that started the "Clemsoning" expression if I remember correctly.

WVU...lost my class ring

Oct 19, 2016, 2:42 PM

at that dayem game...

Oct 19, 2016, 2:44 PM

The real takeaway here is that it's been a long, LONG, time since we've had a bad loss under Dabo.

And no, losing to Bama, was not a bad loss. We played our hearts out on the national stage and increased our credibility tenfold in that game. You can't fault Dabo that much for being outcoached by Saban, he's the best ever in the game.

yeah most heartbreaking maybe

Oct 19, 2016, 2:46 PM

but in no way is that a bad loss

I think WVU only bc thats where the bad C word really took hold.

Oct 19, 2016, 2:54 PM

But FSU at home prob was a bigger deal in the larger picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I think it's when he lost

Oct 19, 2016, 2:54 PM

Tim Tebow to Florida because he had to stop recruiting him because somebody (Tommy Bowden) promised Willy Corn that we wouldn't recruit another quarterback. We all know how that turned out.

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy, NCST 2016 and LVille 2016. Maybe even Troy 2016

Oct 19, 2016, 3:40 PM

Moral losses count too, right?

That time Spurier took him in straight sets....***

Oct 19, 2016, 4:23 PM

our worst tennis loss in recent memory was

Oct 19, 2016, 10:17 PM

Last year to mercer. Inexcusable

IMO it was Tallahassee 2014

Oct 19, 2016, 4:37 PM

Tigers had dominated the game in every category but the scoreboard and had a drive inside the 20 of FSWho, 1:30 to play as we had 1st down...but... then the CJ Davidson fumble!! Hearts ripped right out as game was in total control but they made a play and we turned it over. That was not the only play but that is so memorable as he had gained needed yardage for 1st down and ability to run clock down to kick FG if we didn't score TD beforehand.

This loss has stuck with me like none other, mainly because it is more recent but I can only imagine the feeling in that locker room for our Tigers! I was inconsolable for a day or 2 afterward, we shut down the running game in regulation, but the big run was what won the game in OT.

Seeing Deshaun in that game its amazing he had only played a few games at that point and was already in the toughest road environment in the ACC and played very well. He has put on plenty of strength if you look at that game and watch one this year. Nutrition, conditioning and strength programs at Clemson are awesome. I hope our Tigers and DW4 go into Doak and play a great game, if our Tigers play up to their potential for 4 quarters we should whip FSWho but as the saying goes, Just Win Baby!

Re: IMO it was Tallahassee 2014

Oct 19, 2016, 4:40 PM

I hated that game. I think Deshaun is going to want to avenge that loss.

That one hurt for a while.***

Oct 19, 2016, 10:19 PM [ in reply to IMO it was Tallahassee 2014 ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 19, 2016, 10:33 PM

Yeah... the word you're looking for there is "worst" (because you're comparing more than 2 things), not "worse." TMYK!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 10:50 PM

Hard to say but 2011 GT, OB WV and 2014 FSU. All where gut wrenching.

Oct 19, 2016, 10:57 PM

The man just lead you to the national championship game last year. This years team is undefeated! He has led Clemson to multiple bowl wins! Multiple wins over top 10 teams!
He has the Clemson program running at an unbelievable level and you want to ask about losses??
I bet your a lot of fun at a party!

Oct 19, 2016, 11:25 PM

Last week, NC state...

...oh wait...

This certainly would have been

Oct 19, 2016, 11:32 PM

> Last week, NC state...
>
> ...oh wait...

Oct 21, 2016, 6:47 AM

"Dabo's loss." How about "our loss." We sure are quick to say "we won" or "they lost." Can't we focus on more positive aspects of being a Tiger fan?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2016, 7:07 AM

We beat Maryland in 2010 31-7 in DV.....We lost to them in 2009 in CP......I would add in the USF game as equally disappointing

to me, OUR worst loss under Dabo has to be 2013 FSU.

Oct 21, 2016, 7:12 AM

Dabo kept saying, maybe even in a speech before that game, that if you want to be great, sooner or later you have to "walk through the door" when it's open. Instead, at home on national TV, we got totally pounded by Crusty Crab Legs and Dumbo. That may also be when the pundits really started referring to us in every breath with "Clemson-ing". And, from last Saturday, that word is still around, and will be until we win the Natty.

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic