Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabos Contract..The "Let's Wrap It Up Edition"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Dabos Contract..The "Let's Wrap It Up Edition"

Jan 14, 2016, 2:53 PM

While I am confident Dabo will get a great bump for he and his coaches, especially after this year and the incredible number of coach of the year awards he is acquiring, I really hope this gets done well before national signing day.

I am being a bit of a worry wart but if Saban gets pulled to the NFL which I really doubt the Alabama would no doubt have Dabo very high on there Radar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Seriously, three kids is enough.***

Jan 14, 2016, 2:56 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabos Contract..The "Let's Wrap It Up Edition"

Jan 14, 2016, 2:58 PM

With the news coming out before the National Championship game that Clemson and Dabo will begin contract extension talks immediately signals were are being very aggressive in securing Dabo for years to come. Just my thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:20 PM

No amount of money will secure Dabo if Alabama calls.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a matter of when... I don't see it happening now.***

Jan 14, 2016, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a matter of when... I don't see it happening now.***

Jan 14, 2016, 3:34 PM

Saban's not going anywhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabos Contract..The "Let's Wrap It Up Edition" ]

I ask, how much is enough? Dabo has a guarantee of at least $27 million with his current contract, not including any bonuses. After reading the article with Kathleen Sweeney, she is pretty secure and very happy with her family life in Clemson. Dabo doesn't give me the impression he places the highest value in money. When you are worth close to $20 million and only 46, given free and complete control of building a culture while building a program Dabo is in his element. Listening to his interview earlier this season with Paul Finebaum, it was obvious Dabo was "dissed" more than once by Alabama and he values loyalty and that's what Clemson has given him and he gives it back. He may leave one day, forever is a long time but for the next 5-10 years, Dabo's a Clemson man.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:38 PM

So, you're worried about things that haven't even happened and aren't likely to happen? Ok.

Look at it logically:

1) Nick Saban said he doesn't want to leave Alabama, or go back to the NFL, Tuscaloosa is his home. He's 64 years old and likes coaching at Alabama.

2) Dabo isn't interested in leaving Clemson. He's firmly in control of a program he re-built and branded into his own image. He and his family love living in Clemson.

I think you're letting your imagination (and the imagination of people who dislike Clemson) get to you).

There are only 2 reason's somebody would want to be the next Bama head-coach. #1 $$$. #2 Because they are an egomaniac. Lane Kiffen, check. Dabo Swinney....lol...not so much.

Whoever replaces Saban will have the WORST job in the country. He'll never measure up or live up to the fans' expectations.

You're more likely to die in an air plane crash than witness Dabo coaching at Alabama anytime soon. Enjoy the ride....Alabama isn't going to steal him away from us.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Double Amen!

Jan 14, 2016, 3:46 PM

Great words!

Jan 14, 2016, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabos Contract..The "Let's Wrap It Up Edition" ]

Reckless is 100% correct. You would be an absolute fool to take over at Alabama after Saban retires, which I believe will happen in the next 5 or 6 years. One person who we know is a fool is Kiffin, so I fully expect him to be the next Alabama coach.

Alabama's dynasty will be over then, and Kiffin will slowly run Bama into the ground.

That's when Dabo takes over. I truly believe Dabo will only take over AFTER he has accomplished a lot at Clemson. He won't leave Clemson without a national title.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2016, 3:42 PM

Saban tried the NFL. He did about as well there as Spurrier and Lou Holtz did. Doubt he will venture there again.
If Bama for some reason really comes a knocking for Dabo, he will only stay here if he wants to. We can not match the compensation they can offer.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:47 PM

Dabo WOULD NOT leave Clemson for any reason until he has won a national championship. He has unfinished business here. And even upon doing that, I'm not convinced he would leave.

Jan 14, 2016, 3:57 PM

Dabo isn't a quitter. He's relentless and won't give up. That's why I'm 100% confident that Dabo will win a national title at Clemson. He will go down as the greatest coach at Clemson of all time.

I love Coach Swinney and will be very saddened the day he leaves for Bama. I don't think that will be for another 10 years though.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic